Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 20-Feb-15, 07:59
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,654 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default 1998 Women's Wrestling Convention

17 years ago... A wonderful collage by Rick Ryan of photos from the convention in San Diego, with GLOW's Queen Kong, Hollywood, Tori Sinclair, Helen von Mott, DWW girls...

I wonder if something like this can still be done in this day and age. Gotta love the stands of California Wildcats, Competitive Enterprises - with all the magazines, booklets and VHS tapes.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Feb-15, 09:18
Pioneers Moderator
Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,228 Times in 492 Posts
Default Re: 1998 Women's Wrestling Convention

One of my great regrets is never making one of those conventions. You can see pics of the Hana-Momo match I mentioned. And there were rooms off the main floor where many women--from DWW, Unique Leigh, Mia from DT, Lisa Comshaw, many more--were available for private sessions. The first two events were apparently rousing successes, and the participation of DWW was a big boost. G.R. decided to quit bringing the girls after the first 2-3, and that didn't help. The last one (I think 2001 or 2002) was raided by police for some flimsy reason and shut down. IIRC, JackPin tried to put together another one a few years later, but it just never worked out. Instant downloads rather than video sales probably helped keep DWW away. It might work again, but it would be more for independent ladies rather than companies as it was back then. In the late 90s, there were so many companies springing up that appreciated the chance for great advertising directly to their client base, so they'd set up booths and include some of their girls in matches in the ring. Today it would probably be more a deal where a Skylar Rene or Julie Squeeze would get paid to have a match or two and then they could have as many sessions as they could handle in a two of three-day event. Thing is they can just about do that now when they travel, so I don't know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brsimmons For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Feb-15, 09:49
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanks for the insight yet again, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]! I posted this collage here because your comment about Hana-Momo match in the other topic reminded me of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsimmons [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Today it would probably be more a deal where a Skylar Rene or Julie Squeeze would get paid to have a match or two and then they could have as many sessions as they could handle in a two of three-day event.
That's how the Femwrestle events are done atm, btw.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 20-Feb-15, 09:53
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

In this event there was a beautiful competitive mixed wrestling match between Kristie Etzold and her boyfriend at the time, Charlie. It was published later by Flamingo Wrestling. I posted it in the contributors' section last summer. Here it is:

Download: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Old 20-Feb-15, 10:42
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Some more photos from the convention:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 05-Mar-15, 15:05
Points: 13,526, Level: 50 Points: 13,526, Level: 50 Points: 13,526, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

They were great events - I am not sure if Jackpin made any money but there was lots of great matches. The last one was in 2001 right after 9/11 in Oct. Stacy Jett started her short but great wrestling career at the 2000 convention. Stacy also got in the ring with Helen Vonmott in 2001 just before the cops closed it down. That was a match for the ages !
Old 05-Mar-15, 15:24
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

AK, I thought the last one was in 2012, wasn't it?
Old 05-Mar-15, 15:46
Points: 97,365, Level: 100 Points: 97,365, Level: 100 Points: 97,365, Level: 100
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,056 Times in 4,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
AK, I thought the last one was in 2012, wasn't it?
I thought it was 2008
Old 05-Mar-15, 23:42
Points: 13,526, Level: 50 Points: 13,526, Level: 50 Points: 13,526, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I can't remember for sure . I remember the ones from 1998 to 2001. Then I remember Jackpin working to get one off the ground years later. I can't say if it for sure happened or not. I think it was around 2008 - that sounds about right anyway.
Old 06-Mar-15, 23:13
Points: 14,226, Level: 51 Points: 14,226, Level: 51 Points: 14,226, Level: 51
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,093 Times in 394 Posts

Wow.... always nice to see "Adrena," as we knew her before she transformed to Queen Kong.
The year was 1978... scraped together enough $ to take a train to NYC, Hotel Tudor, 16th floor.... these session things become so memorable.
I never dreamed a headscissor (took her like 3 seconds) could be so sexy yet devastating.
Before her GLOW career began, I saw her again in Boston, but it was a tragically disappointing session, because the girl "hosting" us was causing a rush.... turning a 1-hour booked session into like 20 minutes, during which the host and a guest remained to "watch." Buzzkill.
Adrena was always very sweet, always very sexy.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to galaxy advisory For This Useful Post:

Tags
anita ramsey, california wildcats, christine dupree, christine marshall, competitive enterprises, double trouble, dww, event, flamingo wrestling, glow, hana, helen von mott, hollywood, ingrid, jackpin, jezebel, kasie cavanaugh, kristie etzold, momo, nicole, queen kong, raquel, rick ryan, san diego, stj, stj productions, tori sinclair