Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 01-May-21, 02:26
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1%

Default Re: 1998 Women's Wrestling Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgrappler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Stacy Jett started her short but great wrestling career at the 2000 convention. Stacy also got in the ring with Helen Vonmott in 2001 just before the cops closed it down. That was a match for the ages !
Do you remember who she fought? I found this photo in an old blog post and it said Jett vs Edita. They are wearing the same one piece the girls were at previous conventions so I'm wondering if this was her match from 2000.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stacyjett.jpg (17.0 KB, 260 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikebt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-May-21, 14:03
Points: 11,515, Level: 46 Points: 11,515, Level: 46 Points: 11,515, Level: 46
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

Stacy overcame a very courageous fight with cancer which explains why she dropped out of the scene.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizyz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-May-21, 16:25

Can anyone identify this fight from the 1999 Women's Wrestling Convention. I found this short video and in the description it just said WWC99_Edith. So far I've been able to identify these matches: Helen vs Elena, Josephine vs Tatjana and Iva vs Tempest. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wwc99.jpg (20.4 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg edith.jpg (19.3 KB, 133 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikebt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-May-21, 02:10

Finally figured it out. This was actually a match between two DWW fighters Edita and Tatyana. Like in 98(Helen vs Momo and Denise vs Vera), they also had contestants from the same team wrestling each other.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikebt For This Useful Post:
Old 18-May-21, 18:24
Points: 7,377, Level: 36 Points: 7,377, Level: 36 Points: 7,377, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Do you remember who she fought? I found this photo in an old blog post and it said Jett vs Edita. They are wearing the same one piece the girls were at previous conventions so I'm wondering if this was her match from 2000.
Edita to this day is still a really attractive woman. That woman is fitter than a lot of 20 year old girls. Back in 1998, though, she was a babe

Super awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberm [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It was Denise. She wrestled Elena in the second convention.
Denise was and still is another all time favourite wrestler. She was the bomb and her battles with Eva are still must watch matches.

Love that era.
The Following User Says Thank You to HermanDG For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Nov-21, 17:24
Points: 3,047, Level: 22 Points: 3,047, Level: 22 Points: 3,047, Level: 22
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%

I wonder why Helen didn't fight Hana?
Old 29-Nov-21, 17:20
Points: 707, Level: 10 Points: 707, Level: 10 Points: 707, Level: 10
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by romchelotti [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I wonder why Helen didn't fight Hana?
My guess would be the size difference. Hana was 5'6 120lbs (Denise was 5'10 135lbs) while Helen was 5'8 140lbs. I know it's only 2 inches, but 20lbs in women's wrestling is a big advantage especially when going up against someone with Helen's skill. That's why I would've loved to seen her wrestle Petra (5'9 157lbs) or Tiffany (6'0 164lbs). She would've beaten both of them, but it would have been a bigger challenge and Petra might've scored a submission or two if she could get on top. I remember Lonnie (Virago girl trained by Helen) going up against Petra and she pretty much got smothered into submission. Lonnie couldn't do anything against her, even though she dominated Luzia (who was one of the best at DWW).
The Following User Says Thank You to mkwarrior For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Nov-21, 19:31
Points: 3,047, Level: 22 Points: 3,047, Level: 22 Points: 3,047, Level: 22
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%

So Hana got scared? But Momo fought against Hana and Helen as well. Helen didn't seem that big. I was surprised when Vera lost to Hana 5 - 0 !!! How??? Tiffany was probably the strongest, beat Petra. Hana and Helen, then it would be cool, or maybe we don't know something?
Old 29-Nov-21, 21:38
Banned
Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32
Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5%

What Helen did to Bunny was one of the most dominating matches ever and Bunny did not know how to react. Hana was very good, but absolutely no BJJ training and Helen was strong too. Momo fought Helen? The Hana vs. Momo match was very good.

Only Elena from DWW fought Helen close and I don't think I ever saw Elena wrestle a single DWW female.

BJJ makes all the difference and at the time of the Conventions, Helen was getting better and better.
Old 30-Nov-21, 07:22
Points: 707, Level: 10 Points: 707, Level: 10 Points: 707, Level: 10
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by romchelotti [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So Hana got scared? But Momo fought against Hana and Helen as well. Helen didn't seem that big. I was surprised when Vera lost to Hana 5 - 0 !!! How??? Tiffany was probably the strongest, beat Petra. Hana and Helen, then it would be cool, or maybe we don't know something?
Don't know, but I figure Denise wrestled Helen because she was the largest DWW girl at that convention. I don't believe Petra or Tiffany were there in 1998. Denise was only 19 years old wrestling a 28 year old Helen, who like fvsfforever mentioned above had BJJ experience and it showed in that match. It really wasn't a fair match up because the DWW girls only knew free style wrestling and Helen refused to not use her BJJ moves. I also remember reading that she used front choke holds that were not agreed upon prior to the match. I have the EU Pal video of the match, which was recorded by DWW founder Gunter Rottensteiner and you can hear him saying a few times that Denise was being choked with what they perceived as an illegal move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvsfforever [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Only Elena from DWW fought Helen close and I don't think I ever saw Elena wrestle a single DWW female.
I've always been fascinated by this as well. She was a world class boxer who actually fought for the world title. Was also a silver medalist in kick boxing, but like you said she never wrestled any of the DWW girls. Maybe she was so good that no one wanted to challenge her. Her only matches were against Helen and the great Raquel, who she wrestled twice at DWW. So she basically went up against the best of the best and did quite well for having zero BJJ technique. Mind you, when she wrestled Helen at the 1999 convention, Helen was 150lbs of pure muscle at that point on top of having a BJJ brown belt. Elena was an absolute warrior to even take up that challenge and be able to wrestle her for almost 20 minutes. Not many women could last that long with Helen, especially in such a competitive live ring match.

Tags
anita ramsey, california wildcats, christine dupree, christine marshall, competitive enterprises, double trouble, dww, event, flamingo wrestling, glow, hana, helen von mott, hollywood, ingrid, jackpin, jezebel, kasie cavanaugh, kristie etzold, momo, nicole, queen kong, raquel, rick ryan, san diego, stj, stj productions, tori sinclair