Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 08-May-21, 23:31
Banned
Points: 514, Level: 8 Points: 514, Level: 8 Points: 514, Level: 8
Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2%

Default Mixed fighting video game idea

Self-intro: CS student, upcoming software engineer intern

Idea 1: 3D POV fighting with realistic injury effects.
Idea 2: 2.5D Side-scrolling game like Hellish Quart without sword and add MMA skills in it. (People may confused about Mortal Kombat but the mechanism in Hellish Quart is more accurate to my blueprint, I like the idea with no HP bar)

Both Ragdoll physics
Unreal Engine

Any developer here?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sakamoto For This Useful Post:
Old 09-May-21, 10:23
Points: 3,373, Level: 24 Points: 3,373, Level: 24 Points: 3,373, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Mixed fighting video game idea

Hi!

Cool that you are doing and wants to develop fetish games. I am not a developer but have been taking independent courses in programming and game design as well as having designed pen and paper mixed wrestling and catfighting games since I was 13 years old. That means I’ve been doing it for more than 20 years. Most of this time has been spent playing the games with myself and testing different mechanics, developing the rules to fit whatever I thought was cool or sexy.

I can’t say what type of game would be best for you, but it depends on your plan. I’ve always designed for my own private use, and if you want to publish or distribute you need to ask yourself a lot of questions about what the appeal of your game is. Are you good at animations and modelling? Maybe go with that. But if coming up with neat mechanics is your thing, the game will look a lot different.

Anyway, good luck and please keep us updated.
Old 09-May-21, 14:15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi!

Cool that you are doing and wants to develop fetish games. I am not a developer but have been taking independent courses in programming and game design as well as having designed pen and paper mixed wrestling and catfighting games since I was 13 years old. That means I’ve been doing it for more than 20 years. Most of this time has been spent playing the games with myself and testing different mechanics, developing the rules to fit whatever I thought was cool or sexy.

I can’t say what type of game would be best for you, but it depends on your plan. I’ve always designed for my own private use, and if you want to publish or distribute you need to ask yourself a lot of questions about what the appeal of your game is. Are you good at animations and modelling? Maybe go with that. But if coming up with neat mechanics is your thing, the game will look a lot different.

Anyway, good luck and please keep us updated.
I posted everything what I have got. I would looking for more idea of fighting mechanism such as GTA 4, I may add the drunk effect to represent getting knock out. I don't do 3D modeling, I may only do some small parts. So I have to separate works to other. Although I am fine to code using c++, it would be better some senior engineer can help leading the development.
Old 09-May-21, 17:04
Points: 6,550, Level: 34 Points: 6,550, Level: 34 Points: 6,550, Level: 34
Last Achievements

I'm a big fan of Idea 1!

I started making one in Unity and got as far as a proof of concept - imported a model that you could knockdown or be knocked down by then knelt on while she counts to ten. It was encouraging how quickly that came together. The problem was the animation tool seemed limited, so I got sidetracked with creating all the necessary animations in Blender3D which turned into a whole project of it's own. Now I think I should use Unreal instead since it's apparently much better for VR (which was my ultimate goal anyway) - and hopefully it has a better internal animation tool.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can be much help, I have no free time anymore. But between YouTube tutorials and Udemy, I think you could create a good portion of it on your own. There are alot of free assets you can just cobble together to get you started (at least there are in Unity, I hope Unreal is the same).
Old 09-May-21, 21:19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angscud [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm a big fan of Idea 1!

I started making one in Unity and got as far as a proof of concept - imported a model that you could knockdown or be knocked down by then knelt on while she counts to ten. It was encouraging how quickly that came together. The problem was the animation tool seemed limited, so I got sidetracked with creating all the necessary animations in Blender3D which turned into a whole project of it's own. Now I think I should use Unreal instead since it's apparently much better for VR (which was my ultimate goal anyway) - and hopefully it has a better internal animation tool.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can be much help, I have no free time anymore. But between YouTube tutorials and Udemy, I think you could create a good portion of it on your own. There are alot of free assets you can just cobble together to get you started (at least there are in Unity, I hope Unreal is the same).
The worst case is I have to do 3D modeling myself. I hope I can find some experts to make the models. I am confident to do everything myself as I saw this video [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
However, to implement what I really want, definitely need people to do the graphic parts. I can't put this kind of things in my resume so I just do it for passion.
Old 10-May-21, 12:14
Points: 6,550, Level: 34 Points: 6,550, Level: 34 Points: 6,550, Level: 34
Last Achievements

Take a look here. As long as you're not trying to sell the game, you can import/modify and use whatever you want.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Even if you do want to sell it you can use the free stuff as a stand-in until you develop your own. And, like I said, there's also plenty of (probably better) stuff on the engine's own market.

Tags
mixed boxing, mixed combat, mixed fight, video game