Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Pictures

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-Aug-19, 13:31
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts
Default Re: the vintage corner

Thanks - its a pity this is so low-res.
Old 28-Aug-19, 19:11
Points: 276,496, Level: 100 Points: 276,496, Level: 100 Points: 276,496, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,199 Times in 6,812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks - its a pity this is so low-res.
Yes, absolutely mate. But the question (rephrased) was - Does anyone want to see (for example) a 1940s heroine trash a guy by picking him up and spinning him around on her shoulders - if it's in such low definition? Or would I be wasting your time as well as mine posting it?
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-08-26 (159).png (320.2 KB, 179 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Aug-19, 13:13
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, absolutely mate. But the question (rephrased) was - Does anyone want to see (for example) a 1940s heroine trash a guy by picking him up and spinning him around on her shoulders - if it's in such low definition? Or would I be wasting your time as well as mine posting it?
Amazing. Not a waste for me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to del For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Aug-19, 11:00
Points: 276,496, Level: 100 Points: 276,496, Level: 100 Points: 276,496, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Amazing. Not a waste for me
OK then, especially for you I've dug deeper down that 1000 ft mine to bring up some more archeological treasures. In doing this, I stopped to think why I previously referred to the enemies of a Jungle Girl in Deepest Africa as 'cowboys'. But then I figured no apology was necessary because these 1940s Western Serial jobbers had clearly brought their hats, guns, horses and attitudes to the party without noticing the Republic Studios backlot was supposed to represent a different continent this month. Anyway, on with the show.

[1-3] The first three images show what most of the distantly-filmed grappling and punching looked like, so I didn't bother bringing any more of that to the Board. It did prompt another question in my mind, though, being: "Why do they call her 'Tiger Woman' when she has a dead leopard pinned to her head and back?".

[4-9] This bit was easier to see though, and I really liked it. Technically you may say it's not 'proper judo', but there's still something satisfying about a quick-witted, agile girl who can dump a charging opponent flat on his back without even touching him.

Added after 22 minutes:

[10-13] Next up we see the heroine reaching for a nearby oil drum and rolling it towards the approaching bad guy. In trying to dive forward out of its way, he lands flat on his back again. Hey this guy's like an upside down cat! No matter which way you throw him, he never lands on his feet.

[14-18] After he falls by her side, she grabs his leg, and suddenly we're less '1940s Saturday Morning US Kids Cinema' and more '1970s Saturday Afternoon UK Grannies TV', as this ankle twisting and rolling manoeuvre wouldn't look out of place being described by World of Sport's Kent Walton*.
*[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Added after 41 minutes:

[Ah; I've just noticed her short animal print skirt falling apart on that last shot. So they weren't knickers we saw earlier, but a 'bottom' view of her wrestling-style leotard.]

[19-24] "Hi there Grapple Fans! Welcome back to Barnsley Civic Hall for the final round of our first ever Intergender Bout, and remember it's knockouts only!" And so, though I couldn't capture the lifting part (sorry), we rejoin the action with the outclassed bad guy being taken for a spin across the heroine's strong shoulders.

[25-26] Once he's dizzy enough, she throws him down head first. Surveying the damage, it's clear he's not going to make the count. So she goes off to rescue the hapless male hero who's been grimly hanging on to the bottom of the mine elevator/lift since it burst into life in Post #183. [Yes, the useless lump was dangling there throughout her long fight, but I didn't bother with cutaways showing his predicament.]

To finish off, here's an extract from this wonderful lady's IMDb Bio: "She was cast as a model in The Powers Girl (1943), but more importantly, she was again spotted in an advertisement, this time by executives of Republic Studios, who were looking for a beautiful but athletic woman to star in their upcoming serial, The Tiger Woman (1944). Despite having no experience in the kind of stunts and athletics that would be required, Stirling was able to convince not only the executives but ace stuntman Yakima Canutt of her capability. She won the role and a contract from Republic, and played hard-riding and -fighting heroines in numerous serials, Westerns, and low-budget adventure films over the next three or four years."
Attached Images
File Type: png Peril1.png (252.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: png Peril2.png (438.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png Peril3.png (530.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: png Peril4.png (483.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: png Peril5.png (393.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: png Peril6.png (410.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: png Peril7.png (374.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: png Peril8.png (327.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: png Peril9.png (711.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Peril10.png (739.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Peril11.png (603.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: png Peril12.png (367.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Peril13.png (594.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png Peril14.png (562.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png Peril15.png (756.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: png Peril16.png (649.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: png Peril17.png (650.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: png Peril18.png (498.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: png Peril19.png (373.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: png Peril20.png (309.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: png Peril21.png (334.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: png Peril22.png (333.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: png Peril23.png (359.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: png Peril24.png (338.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: png Peril25.png (574.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png Peril26.png (356.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Peril0.jpg (42.9 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by verscont; 31-Aug-19 at 11:00.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Sep-19, 18:05
Points: 2,683, Level: 21 Points: 2,683, Level: 21 Points: 2,683, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
OK then, especially for you I've dug deeper down that 1000 ft mine to bring up some more archeological treasures. In doing this, I stopped to think why I previously referred to the enemies of a Jungle Girl in Deepest Africa as 'cowboys'. But then I figured no apology was necessary because these 1940s Western Serial jobbers had clearly brought their hats, guns, horses and attitudes to the party without noticing the Republic Studios backlot was supposed to represent a different continent this month. Anyway, on with the show.

[1-3] The first three images show what most of the distantly-filmed grappling and punching looked like, so I didn't bother bringing any more of that to the Board. It did prompt another question in my mind, though, being: "Why do they call her 'Tiger Woman' when she has a dead leopard pinned to her head and back?".

[4-9] This bit was easier to see though, and I really liked it. Technically you may say it's not 'proper judo', but there's still something satisfying about a quick-witted, agile girl who can dump a charging opponent flat on his back without even touching him.

Added after 22 minutes:

[10-13] Next up we see the heroine reaching for a nearby oil drum and rolling it towards the approaching bad guy. In trying to dive forward out of its way, he lands flat on his back again. Hey this guy's like an upside down cat! No matter which way you throw him, he never lands on his feet.

[14-18] After he falls by her side, she grabs his leg, and suddenly we're less '1940s Saturday Morning US Kids Cinema' and more '1970s Saturday Afternoon UK Grannies TV', as this ankle twisting and rolling manoeuvre wouldn't look out of place being described by World of Sport's Kent Walton*.
*[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Added after 41 minutes:

[Ah; I've just noticed her short animal print skirt falling apart on that last shot. So they weren't knickers we saw earlier, but a 'bottom' view of her wrestling-style leotard.]

[19-24] "Hi there Grapple Fans! Welcome back to Barnsley Civic Hall for the final round of our first ever Intergender Bout, and remember it's knockouts only!" And so, though I couldn't capture the lifting part (sorry), we rejoin the action with the outclassed bad guy being taken for a spin across the heroine's strong shoulders.

[25-26] Once he's dizzy enough, she throws him down head first. Surveying the damage, it's clear he's not going to make the count. So she goes off to rescue the hapless male hero who's been grimly hanging on to the bottom of the mine elevator/lift since it burst into life in Post #183. [Yes, the useless lump was dangling there throughout her long fight, but I didn't bother with cutaways showing his predicament.]

To finish off, here's an extract from this wonderful lady's IMDb Bio: "She was cast as a model in The Powers Girl (1943), but more importantly, she was again spotted in an advertisement, this time by executives of Republic Studios, who were looking for a beautiful but athletic woman to star in their upcoming serial, The Tiger Woman (1944). Despite having no experience in the kind of stunts and athletics that would be required, Stirling was able to convince not only the executives but ace stuntman Yakima Canutt of her capability. She won the role and a contract from Republic, and played hard-riding and -fighting heroines in numerous serials, Westerns, and low-budget adventure films over the next three or four years."
I think the lifting part might be fake though, the cuts seem to indicate a stunt double.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hidddman For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Sep-19, 11:53
Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 47,590 Times in 2,517 Posts

I found this article via a twitter post, just a couple of days ago. I figured this was the best thread to share it in, despite the absence of any fighting. It may have rocked up either here or elsewhere on the board previously, but a few searches for certain keywords didn't locate it so here ya go.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Female_bodybuilders (9).jpg (130.2 KB, 1655 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FootPower For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Oct-19, 04:44
Points: 7,147, Level: 36 Points: 7,147, Level: 36 Points: 7,147, Level: 36
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
I know this one belongs in the 'weird sh*t' category rather than 'sexy action'. But it's here for anybody who may have heard about the bizarre scene and was curious to see what it was really like.

We start straight after the opening titles with a mad woman seemingly trying to swat a fly off the camera lens.[1] With her handbag???[2] Ah, the angle swaps around and we see the object of her anger - has hubby left the cap off the toothpaste again?[3] Then the weirdness starts. The guy knocks her wig off and the dame is bald. But thanks to freeze-frame technology, decades later we see the real cause of that de-wigging. At the bottom left of the image, a dwarf member of the film crew is pulling it off with a piece of string.[4]

We find out the guy is actually her 'john' and this lady of the street is doing home visits tonight. After a while, he tires of the hand-bagging and starts to fight back.[5] Bad idea; our egg-headed hooker literally 'towers' over him (pun intended) and she has no trouble throwing him to the ground.[6] After nearly drowning him with the contents of a soda syphon, she rifles his pockets for her 'fee'.[7] Then she's back up on her feet - and those incredibly long legs - to give him one last kick to the ribs.[8] Finally, the crew throw back the wig and she finds a mirror to apply a quick bit of lippy. All done and she's a Happy Hooker once again. "I'm lucky there are so many clients who love being beaten up by 6-foot tall bald women!"[9]
What's the movie called??
The Following User Says Thank You to паша For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Oct-19, 09:56
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by паша [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What's the movie called??
Wow! That post was so long ago I'd actually forgotten. Fortunately I spotted my own pun about the tall actress Constance Towers "towering" over the cowering male and that was enough to find it on my database. It was this cover image that first prompted my interest in the startling woman - who looked like she should be on Start Trek causing Kirk to wet himself one way or another. And I've added a couple of publicity stills so everyone else can see what we're discussing without having to trawl back through the thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Una Luz.jpg (566.3 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Una Luz1.jpg (197.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Una Luz2.jpg (112.4 KB, 377 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Oct-19, 00:08
Points: 3,964, Level: 26 Points: 3,964, Level: 26 Points: 3,964, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartos [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
first few of a couple of fine throws from a file called "Don Quichot" on my hard drive.
there's a knight walking around in this movie, but i don't know what DQ has got to do with it.

This is Lorna Gray from Republic Serial called Daughter of Don Q
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ChrisitanEdle For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-19, 03:57
Points: 41,431, Level: 89 Points: 41,431, Level: 89 Points: 41,431, Level: 89
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 11,100 Times in 971 Posts

Dear lord that's awesome