Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Mar-23, 11:09
Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Default Compensation for cancelled sessions ?

I was recently supposed to have 2 sessions with a sessiongirl I met several times in the past. She was on tour (not in my immediate area) and we agreed that she come closer to my place if I pay the hotel and book at least 2 2hours sessions. Unfortunately I got Covid the day before we were supposed to meet and I had to cancel the sessions. I informed her the day before the meeting that I am feeling ill and that I might have to cancel, confirming the cancellation the next day.

I paid her hotel as well as the ticket for returning to her place earlier than scheduled as well ass lunch and dinner for that day. In addition she wants me to pay 2 hours session as a compensation for last minute cancellation and loss of work.

I total agree with covering the costs I caused, however since the cancellation is not my free choice, but happened due to an unexpected illness, I am annoyed having to pay for 2 hours of sessions.

What are your thoughts on this ?
Thanks
Old 27-Mar-23, 11:50
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts
Default Re: Compensation for cancelled sessions ?

It's natural that there's no one-size-fits-all solution to this problem. But if I had to cancel a session, I would happily pay the fee as a way of apologizing. Your suggestion is actually quite reasonable, but I think it's important to compensate her for the lost session since it's not her fault. Plus, there might be an economic gap between us, and I want to make sure she's not out of pocket. If I like her and enjoy our sessions, I definitely want to continue working with her in the future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-23, 14:15
Banned
Points: 1,493, Level: 15 Points: 1,493, Level: 15 Points: 1,493, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

On one hand
-If you got covid, what else are you supposed to do? You have a legitimate reason, and personal responsibility to not see the person. And if you do see them, you can give them covid and put them and other people(that she will see) at risk. It's not like you asked to get Covid. Stuff happens.

- You don't need to pay her anything. You could do so and some people will say your should, but you don't need to pay full price for a 2 hour session, if you didn't have a 2 hour session.

On the other hand
-I guess she lost work and time as your topic suggests.
-You could lose her as an option to ever session/see her again if you don't pay
- She could be vengeful by putting you on the timewasters list on Session girls, or telling her other friends in the industry or making a complaint about it on twitter(if she is actively on it) if you don't pay

If I was in this situation where I had Covid and couldn't see her, would I pay her for full price of the session? No. Then again, I don't have any session attachment to her and im pretty hesitant on spending money hapzardly or sponsoring any women. I can see people arguing in favor for her ITT and bringing up decent points. this whole situation sucks

Last edited by HeadBoserMan; 27-Mar-23 at 14:23.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeadBoserMan For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-23, 14:43
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

if she puts you on a timewasters list for falling ill, write a review outing her. I doubt she'd do that, but you shouldn't feel scared about it.

depends how badly you want to continue seeing her. if not that much, and paying all this extra money would piss you off, then don't do it. if you value doing sessions with her, then pay her the money.

I once had a girl who was coming to my city (I didn't pay for the trip, she was coming anyway). we were going to do 2 sessions... she got covid and had to cancel. I had taken off of work for a couple days and was out a couple other small expenses which I never got back, life happens. she never tried to hit me up for flight reimbursements or anything like that given that she lost the work. life happens, and there's always a risk.

I've seen controversies like this before, where the girl offers to hold the money for a future session (even if you have to travel to her), or makes you some videos or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-23, 16:03
Points: 646, Level: 9 Points: 646, Level: 9 Points: 646, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The immediate thought would be "Ah, paying for a 2 hour session which didn't happen sucks!" but let's try to look it on a "normal job view".

You are asked by your boss to do an extra job somewhere, you accept because it may be worth even considering you have to get a bit far and travel. The company pays your trip and expenses but then something out of their control happens and they have to cancel the job. They tell you that since the "job" didn't happen and it's not their fault, you're not being payed your hour fee and since they paid for your expenses, you're already even...

I'd be so mad!!

Of course it's just a stretched example but I see this as a "grey situation" with can turn easily into a "lose/lose" for you. I'd try to make her understand there's a way for both to feel good about it, like paying for half the session and promise her there will be another session or paying it full right now, she "owes" you a 2 hour session and next time you'll pay another hour and make it a 3 hours... But I don't know if any of this could work, luckily all the cancellations I got were from the sessionist side and I had never been in such a situation.

Best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrestling Passion For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-23, 16:42
Points: 3,586, Level: 25 Points: 3,586, Level: 25 Points: 3,586, Level: 25
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was recently supposed to have 2 sessions with a sessiongirl I met several times in the past. She was on tour (not in my immediate area) and we agreed that she come closer to my place if I pay the hotel and book at least 2 2hours sessions. Unfortunately I got Covid the day before we were supposed to meet and I had to cancel the sessions. I informed her the day before the meeting that I am feeling ill and that I might have to cancel, confirming the cancellation the next day.

I paid her hotel as well as the ticket for returning to her place earlier than scheduled as well ass lunch and dinner for that day. In addition she wants me to pay 2 hours session as a compensation for last minute cancellation and loss of work.

I total agree with covering the costs I caused, however since the cancellation is not my free choice, but happened due to an unexpected illness, I am annoyed having to pay for 2 hours of sessions.

What are your thoughts on this ?
Thanks
In my opinion, you did enough.

You can do more, if you have deep enough pockets or/and you are very attached to her after previous sessions (but she doesn't seem to be attached to you with her demands).

I would not care much regarding her possible retaliation.
The Following User Says Thank You to whoishe For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-23, 17:15
Producer
Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Things happen all the time. You each took a set of risks with the booking, and of course you did the right thing when you knew you were sick. But ultimately, we are talking about a same-day cancellation and she's only asking for 50% of the session fee you agreed to.

All things considered, it's a fair ask, especially when you take into account she was willing to travel to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-23, 17:57
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Passion [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
like paying for half the session and promise her there will be another session or paying it full right now, she "owes" you a 2 hour session and next time you'll pay another hour and make it a 3 hours...
I'd be cautious with this sort of thing. I've been promised discounted (or "discounted", whatever) sessions for the future (for example, she sends a custom video that's shorter than it was supposed to be, so she offers $X off a future session), and by the time the next session actually comes, she won't even remember it, and if you bring it up, you probably end up souring the moment or perhaps the whole session relationship and she maybe complains about you being cheap or whatever. Memories are short, and actions are often decided with short-term in mind. I suppose it's easier to offer $X off a future purchase than offering money back for not getting exactly what you paid for. Hoping the customer will forget about it or not pursue using the discount. Especially when such promises are made before a pandemic or historic bouts of inflation, it can be hard to know what things will happen next year or 2 years out that will make keeping such promises difficult.
Old 27-Mar-23, 18:14
Points: 4,874, Level: 29 Points: 4,874, Level: 29 Points: 4,874, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

This is a tough one since it’s obviously an unfortunate situation where no one wins.

I think it would be fair to work something out. If her trip was contingent on that session happening and/or she had to turn down other work or clients because that session was on her schedule, then she incurred significant loss. But if they were time slots that would have been open anyway, not so much.

I think either way, it could be a win for both sides if payment was made for part/all of the lost time but it could be applied to a future meeting. This wasn’t anyone’s fault and obviously no one wants to have a match with someone who is sick.

As for the other expenses, I wouldn’t expect the guy to pay the travel costs if the girl was unavailable for the session for whatever reason, even if he had agreed to pay part/all of those costs since that sponsorship was based on having a session. So I wouldn’t expect the girl to be on the hook for those costs if the guy was unable to show. It’s unfortunate, but it happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to ca12345 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Mar-23, 20:53
Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37 Points: 7,536, Level: 37
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanks for all the feedback, itīs interesting to hear different opinions and re-evaluate the own opinion based on that.

It might however result in a lose-lose situation. I definately want to meet her again, but might be less interested than in the past and might do less hours the next time.

Last edited by Juvi; 27-Mar-23 at 21:18.