Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-Sep-22, 17:00
AverageUsername

Default Giving Author's More Control Over Their Story Threads

Can we please give author's the ability to manage/delete ANY comments made on their story threads? I am sure there are countless story threads where authors have ran into trolls posting useless negative comments which detract from the story at hand and clog up the flow and energy of the thread entirely. I would love the chance to go in and manually remove comments on my stories which are irrelevant, distracting, or downright rude.

As an author, I love to have more control over the narratives I create. For example, content creators on YouTube have the option to manually remove/delete comments on their own videos, giving them more freedom to present themselves in the most positive light possible.

Sure, if you give author's the power to delete comments on their threads, things may get out of hand and people could start abusing that power. But, I can't imagine it would be too bad. After all, if the author only has control over their own stories, then anything they do to abuse that power would just reflect poorly on their behalf, and everyone else would remain unharmed (not to mention the author would probably lose their fanbase if they just blatantly remove any/every comment they want).

Like this comment if you agree this should be a feature!

Last edited by AverageUsername; 06-Sep-22 at 17:33.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-22, 02:25
Producer
Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts
Default Re: Giving Author's More Control Over Their Story Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageUsername [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Can we please give author's the ability to manage/delete ANY comments made on their story threads? I am sure there are countless story threads where authors have ran into trolls posting useless negative comments which detract from the story at hand and clog up the flow and energy of the thread entirely. I would love the chance to go in and manually remove comments on my stories which are irrelevant, distracting, or downright rude.

As an author, I love to have more control over the narratives I create. For example, content creators on YouTube have the option to manually remove/delete comments on their own videos, giving them more freedom to present themselves in the most positive light possible.

Sure, if you give author's the power to delete comments on their threads, things may get out of hand and people could start abusing that power. But, I can't imagine it would be too bad. After all, if the author only has control over their own stories, then anything they do to abuse that power would just reflect poorly on their behalf, and everyone else would remain unharmed (not to mention the author would probably lose their fanbase if they just blatantly remove any/every comment they want).

Like this comment if you agree this should be a feature!
Horrible idea.

If you don't like guns, don't buy one.

If you don't like abortions, don't have one.

If you don't like people commenting in response to your public posts, well...you know.

Create your own blog/forum, and you can be the master of your domain.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-22, 06:07
AverageUsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Horrible idea.

If you don't like guns, don't buy one.

If you don't like abortions, don't have one.

If you don't like people commenting in response to your public posts, well...you know.

Create your own blog/forum, and you can be the master of your domain.
You are misinterpreting my situation. I am not saying "I don't like people commenting on my public posts." What I am saying is I dont like it when my stories get clogged up by useless comments which don't provide the author with actionable intel/feedback.

One such person who has exhibited a great example to follow in terms of constructive criticism is mixfightor. He has given me valuable feedback on improving my stories and writing, in an extremely nice manner. However, there are some users in the forum who are comfortable with just saying, "Hey, your story is shit. I hated it. This was a fucking waste of time," without giving any reasoning as to why they think that or specific ways an author could make it "not shit." Or, the reason makes absolutely zero sense and holds no true strength in regards to the story at hand.

For example, here is a summary of some of the comments on my most recent stories which really tick me off... "I don't want to read this because I don't agree with this," or "this story shouldn't be read because of blah blah." Obviously, I am paraphrasing, but you get the point. You don't need to post every meaningless thought that comes into your brain!

These comments are useless to the author and the audience, who actually enjoy reading the stories. Stating, "You don't want to read stories like this," is the most stupid thing in the world because 1) I can already assume you read the story (despite the tags and other related things hinting at the plot), and 2) this is like knowing you don't like broccoli, then eating an entire plate of broccoli, and then shouting, multiple times, at the top of your lungs to the whole restaurant, "I don't want the broccoli, it is terrible!" The chef (author) will get pissed, then the conflict between staff and consumer which ensues (the threads clogging up with back-and-forth banter over useless shit) will drive the other restaurant goers to leave because of the inhospitable environment (a.k.a. the story thread losing it's original oomph, as the argument over the troll's shouting ensues).

Couldn't think up a better analogy, so I hope this makes sense. I know if I was enjoying food at a restaurant and a random person started standing up and aggressively shouting "I HATE THIS BREAD, THIS BREAD ISN'T UP TO MY STANDARDS AS A CONSUMER!" I would feel very uncomfortable and put-off. And guess what the restaurant owners do to guests who disturb the environment and aesthetic they are trying to convey?.... They throw them out (aka deleting the comments from the trolls). Only, in this forum, you can't do anything unless the trolls get banned (which even then, still won't delete the comments they left, but will at least keep them from making new comments), and the banning process alone is enough to give me a headache... but that is a whole nother discussion all together.

Kind of a specific, long-winded way of describing my reasoning, but I hope you can actually take the time to truly understand what I am saying before you jump to conclusions, KillerCrushes.
Old 07-Sep-22, 07:24
Bevvie97

Dear Forum Members,

It may not be useless to inform you, it was my comment that triggered his request.

I raised my voice against a story (“Two Sisters Sit On Their Brothers”), which contains sex with under 18y characters, considered underage in my country. I also expressed my opinion that stories about young girls suffocating and farting on their family members is a wrong direction for the forum dedicated to mixed wrestling.

You may call me a troll, but I still insist to my opinion, and do not think I made my comments in a rude manner.

And let me call your attention to the fact that Forum rule 1.3 allows a writer to place a ten page story including a single wrestling scene in its last paragraph to the section created for wrestling and fighting stories, regardless of its main content.

And now you may give him the right to delete this comment.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-22, 07:28
Points: 4,472, Level: 28 Points: 4,472, Level: 28 Points: 4,472, Level: 28
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

You're turning into a censorious dictator just because someone had a problem with the ages of your fictional characters?

Quote:
Sure, if you give author's the power to delete comments on their threads, things may get out of hand and people could start abusing that power. But, I can't imagine it would be too bad.
Oh wow.
Old 07-Sep-22, 07:56
Producer
Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageUsername [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You are misinterpreting my situation. I am not saying "I don't like people commenting on my public posts." What I am saying is I dont like it when my stories get clogged up by useless comments which don't provide the author with actionable intel/feedback.

One such person who has exhibited a great example to follow in terms of constructive criticism is mixfightor. He has given me valuable feedback on improving my stories and writing, in an extremely nice manner. However, there are some users in the forum who are comfortable with just saying, "Hey, your story is shit. I hated it. This was a fucking waste of time," without giving any reasoning as to why they think that or specific ways an author could make it "not shit." Or, the reason makes absolutely zero sense and holds no true strength in regards to the story at hand.

For example, here is a summary of some of the comments on my most recent stories which really tick me off... "I don't want to read this because I don't agree with this," or "this story shouldn't be read because of blah blah." Obviously, I am paraphrasing, but you get the point. You don't need to post every meaningless thought that comes into your brain!

These comments are useless to the author and the audience, who actually enjoy reading the stories. Stating, "You don't want to read stories like this," is the most stupid thing in the world because 1) I can already assume you read the story (despite the tags and other related things hinting at the plot), and 2) this is like knowing you don't like broccoli, then eating an entire plate of broccoli, and then shouting, multiple times, at the top of your lungs to the whole restaurant, "I don't want the broccoli, it is terrible!" The chef (author) will get pissed, then the conflict between staff and consumer which ensues (the threads clogging up with back-and-forth banter over useless shit) will drive the other restaurant goers to leave because of the inhospitable environment (a.k.a. the story thread losing it's original oomph, as the argument over the troll's shouting ensues).

Couldn't think up a better analogy, so I hope this makes sense. I know if I was enjoying food at a restaurant and a random person started standing up and aggressively shouting "I HATE THIS BREAD, THIS BREAD ISN'T UP TO MY STANDARDS AS A CONSUMER!" I would feel very uncomfortable and put-off. And guess what the restaurant owners do to guests who disturb the environment and aesthetic they are trying to convey?.... They throw them out (aka deleting the comments from the trolls). Only, in this forum, you can't do anything unless the trolls get banned (which even then, still won't delete the comments they left, but will at least keep them from making new comments), and the banning process alone is enough to give me a headache... but that is a whole nother discussion all together.

Kind of a specific, long-winded way of describing my reasoning, but I hope you can actually take the time to truly understand what I am saying before you jump to conclusions, KillerCrushes.
Your response, combined with the info added by the other poster actually makes you come off as even more....nah, not gonna say it.

Quote:
If you don't agree with it, don't read it.
^Is that you? Because if one didn't know any better, one might think that sounded awfully similar to what I said above.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-22, 08:25
dj200

This is the internet. An online fetish forum, for God's sake.

People are going to criticize you in ways you don't like. People will say if they find something upsetting or unethical. If your response to this is multi-paragraph meltdowns I suggest you reassess how seriously you take all this.

It is not healthy to go off on wounded rants like this when faced with criticism from some random person you don't know, and likely never will know. It suggests you are putting far too much importance into what people on this silly fetish forum think of you. That worries me.

But honestly I think you just know you got caught out with the underage stuff, which you know is wrong. It's very telling that you abstracted this specific criticism to "non-constructive feedback". Guilty conscience.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-22, 08:39
Points: 14,293, Level: 51 Points: 14,293, Level: 51 Points: 14,293, Level: 51
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,160 Times in 207 Posts

I think it’s unnecessary. The vast majority of comments on stories are positive or at least in good faith, and if someone is making rude posts that add nothing, that’s why a forum has moderators. If it calls for it, report it. You can also deal with it yourself by simply not engaging. One person can’t derail a thread. Focus on the positive reactions and actual feedback, and let the one bad faith negative comment go. Don’t bother getting in a back and forth with them. They are usually very outnumbered by people who enjoyed the story, anyway.

At the end of the day, writing here is just a fun little hobby. If a person or two doesn’t like your story and feels the need to share it in a rude way, while many more DID enjoy your story, who cares? Just keep doing your thing for all of the people who do like your writing.

Someone doesn’t like my story and chooses to be rude about it? Oh no, now I only have 10+ to 15+ to 20+ people that do like it.
Old 07-Sep-22, 09:12
Points: 22,110, Level: 64 Points: 22,110, Level: 64 Points: 22,110, Level: 64
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,015 Times in 624 Posts

I personally think a change is unnecessary.
I’m always happy to see comments on my story and I get lots of good feedback both on the threads and over DM’s from several avid readers. I’m just happy that people have taken the time to read and comment and you can make liberal use of the block function if you’re unhappy with someone or their comments.

Hotel Scuffle/Saturday Night Tournament
SNT fighters gallery > https://www.malevsfemale.org/album.php?albumid=1205

The Terror Twins
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AOmega For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Sep-22, 13:11
Points: 3,959, Level: 26 Points: 3,959, Level: 26 Points: 3,959, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

So the snowflake who directly insults people who have valid criticism of his wrong section underage stories calls other people rude, and then wants the ability to censor everything? Shocker.

If you don't like people commenting on your stories, then post them on a seperate website that gives you full control to delude yourself into thinking that everyone who reads whatever you write must unconditionally love it and can't ever possibly have anything negative to say about it, you certainly do not belong on a public forum with your mindset.

Also an embarrassment that you write sexual stuff into stories of characters that you yourself categorized as underage by making them the younger brothers of an 18 year old. Any writer with basic common sense has figured out by now that their pedo stories, even if that kind of thing is allowed on a forum, will get far less negative attention if they just state at the beginning of the story that a character, who just happened to be small, delicate, naive to anything sexual, still going to school and needing a babysitter for the weekend when the parents are away, is just totally 18 or 19, yet you could not even manage that...

Last edited by Triplebrc; 08-Sep-22 at 16:20.
The Following User Says Thank You to Triplebrc For This Useful Post: