Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Feb-15, 06:57
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Competitive or not? How do you folks judge

From Ariel X's blog:
Published on February 19th, 2015 by admin in Uncategorized

I recently did a test shoot for kink that involved 100% competitive mixed wrestling. It’s been getting mixed reviews but over all is doing very well. Its interesting to see comments from guys thinking it’s not competitive, that they guy wasn’t trying. First I’d like to mention that it was 2 girls against 1 guy, the odds were slightly stacked in the women’s favor. Also, I’m a submissions expert. A guy can try to hold me down all day but if he doesn’t’ know how to defend against a submission, he’s going to be tapping all day and night, which is what happened in this match. It’s sad to realize that I’m just TOO good to perform in matches now a days. When I win, people think it’s fake, it’s frustrating to me and frankly insulting. I put so much time and energy into training. To negate my effort by claiming that my victories must be staged or rigged is ignorant, but that’s people and that’s the internet for ya.

Last edited by stymie; 27-Feb-15 at 07:05.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Feb-15, 13:21
Points: 4,342, Level: 27 Points: 4,342, Level: 27 Points: 4,342, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
From Ariel X's blog:
Published on February 19th, 2015 by admin in Uncategorized

I recently did a test shoot for kink that involved 100% competitive mixed wrestling. It’s been getting mixed reviews but over all is doing very well. Its interesting to see comments from guys thinking it’s not competitive, that they guy wasn’t trying. First I’d like to mention that it was 2 girls against 1 guy, the odds were slightly stacked in the women’s favor. Also, I’m a submissions expert. A guy can try to hold me down all day but if he doesn’t’ know how to defend against a submission, he’s going to be tapping all day and night, which is what happened in this match. It’s sad to realize that I’m just TOO good to perform in matches now a days. When I win, people think it’s fake, it’s frustrating to me and frankly insulting. I put so much time and energy into training. To negate my effort by claiming that my victories must be staged or rigged is ignorant, but that’s people and that’s the internet for ya.
I havent seen it so i cant say, but generally its the guys that dont go 100%. Although a guy without a clue looks like hes not trying too.
Old 28-Feb-15, 11:26
Points: 12,471, Level: 48 Points: 12,471, Level: 48 Points: 12,471, Level: 48
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,039 Times in 339 Posts

Tommi told me her match against Kyle for Mixed Wrestling Zone was legit. Kyle was just so outclassed that it didn't look competitive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prosperity For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Mar-15, 00:39
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

For the vidbiz, "competitive" means a match which is not scripted.
Ordinarily however, it means one in which the two contestants are more or less evenly matched, based on weight, ability-technique level, age etc.
Old 06-Dec-15, 10:44
Banned
Points: 101, Level: 2 Points: 101, Level: 2 Points: 101, Level: 2

I've recently introduced my partner to wrestling, and the first thing I did was to show her every video I had, from 100s of producers. What I thought was competitive, she laughed at. She did not find a single video in my collection upon thousands of videos that was competitive. What she could see, I couldn't.

So she challenged me to all out competitive wrestling to illustrate her point, in which we had no trained experience between us, other than general knowledge of some basic holds, and we both seem to pick things up fast and have good defensive awareness.

My partner would be similar to Kaycee, and I'd be similar to that Spark plug guy. She was up 2-0, then I got one, then she got to 4-1 and then finished with 4-3. She got like 4 choke holds, I got an arm bar and a reverse guillotine by experiment.

What I realized is how pathetic the vast majority of videos online are, if not ALL of them. The way I was fighting both offensively and defensively was not prevalent in any videos that I had watched. Most on GG the guys are clearly just evading, but not attacking, and have very poor defensive skills. Most of what are in stores like alpha cats are semi-offensive and semi-defensive. I can at least say now from experience that nearly all of the videos are not fully competitive.
The Following User Says Thank You to WrestlingTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Dec-15, 11:50
Points: 7,422, Level: 36 Points: 7,422, Level: 36 Points: 7,422, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Grappling Girls is one of the greatest abusers of the term "competitive" (with the vast majority of producers falling into that category). Competitive implies that both opponents are - to a certain extent - motivated to win. I would be hard-pressed to remember more than a handful of competitive mixed matches around, apart from early DWW which produced several "gems".

Tags
competitive wrestling