Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Jun-13, 14:54
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Ronda Rousey vs Fallon Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3d [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Stymie, Rhonda did break her arm the first time around. I cant wait for the next Ultimate Fighter where these 2 are coaches because they hate each other & it is a great show & should be that much better.
No, her arm was injured, yes, but NOT BROKEN.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
MMA News
Monday, 03/05/2012, 10:13 am
Strikeforce Coverage | Miesha Tate's Arm Is Not Broken After All

It looked painful, it looked like it was bent backwards, it made the world queasy and everyone assumed the arm was broken.

However that does not seem to be the case. According to Miesha Tate he submission loss to Ronda Rousey this past Saturday did not result in any broken bones.

Here is what she said to MMAfighting.com about the arm:

“I had X-Rays last night. No bones are broken, which I already knew. Other than that, I have to get an MRI to find out anything further.”
Old 27-Jun-13, 23:00
Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%
Last Achievements

She had a dislocation which is a lot like a fracture(which means broken) and it usually takes longer to rehab.
Old 13-Oct-13, 19:24
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

I think this is great news...it could possibly lead to maybe some kind of exhibition mixed matches?

Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Loses Via TKO to Ashlee Evans-Smith at CFA12

By Steven Rondina(Featured Columnist) on October 12, 2013 4,889 reads

Controversial transgender mixed martial artist Fallon Fox has suffered the first loss of her professional MMA career to the relatively unknown Ashlee Evans-Smith. The loss came via third-round technical knockout at Championship Fighting Alliance in a featherweight title fight.

The first round saw Fox attempt to pull guard almost immediately. However, the move failed and Evans-Smith was showing off strong grappling chops, nearly securing a choke from the back. Fox would escape and land some powerful punches and knees that nearly won her the fight, while Evans-Smith would barely survive the round.

The tables turned in a profound way in the second. Evans-Smith rocked Fox early and laid down a massive amount of punches and knees from side control, mount and crucifix positions. There was controversy at the end of round, as the referee motioned to end the fight and was unable to hear that the bell had rung just seconds earlier.

The third was another strong showing from Evans-Smith, who escaped an early takedown and reasserted her grappling superiority, taking Fox down with a mount position and pounding her out en route to the stoppage victory.

Entering the fight, Ashlee Evans-Smith owned a 1-0 professional record going into the bout and a 5-4 amateur record. The biggest win of her career came over current TUF 18 fighter and Invicta FC veteran Jessamyn Duke (who gives her take on the show each week with us). She comes from a wrestling background, and used it to great effect on Fox.

Fox's professional record falls to 3-1 (1-0 amateur).

Fox inadvertently drummed up massive controversy in 2012, as fans, fighters and pundits all questioned the fairness of a male-to-female transgender competing in bouts against born women. Some pointed to Fox's first four fights being stoppage victories as evidence that she owned an unfair advantage over her competition, though this fight saw her beaten in most aspects of MMA.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out from here for either fighter. Evans-Smith is suddenly a major player at 145 pounds, and questions will begin flying as to whether or not Fox truly is a force in women's MMA.

Only time will tell how things will shake out for these two.
Old 13-Oct-13, 19:45
Points: 23,576, Level: 67 Points: 23,576, Level: 67 Points: 23,576, Level: 67
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,294 Times in 271 Posts

She may be a pioneer for transgender fighters but I never rated her high. I will not discuss whether she has an advantage over natural females (she claims disadvantage saying her testosterone level is lower than natural female being on hormone replacement therapy).

But consider this, she is 37 and relatively new in MMA. Her opponents are younger (& presumable stronger and has greater stamina). Though WMMA is a new sports still I doubt a 37 year old newbie can rise to the top here. Most probably she won't even get the chance. As she meets more quality opponent her wins would evaporate. Whatever I have seen of her fights have not impressed me much. But I sincerely hope she gets to fight, she does not seem strong enough to pose any safety threat to her opponents (unlike a true man) and I see no reason why top women should not fight her. But saying that if she ever fights Ronda my money would be on an armbar finish in the 1st round
Old 13-Oct-13, 20:26
Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,428 Times in 4,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think this is great news...it could possibly lead to maybe some kind of exhibition mixed matches?

Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Loses Via TKO to Ashlee Evans-Smith at CFA12

By Steven Rondina(Featured Columnist) on October 12, 2013 4,889 reads

Controversial transgender mixed martial artist Fallon Fox has suffered the first loss of her professional MMA career to the relatively unknown Ashlee Evans-Smith. The loss came via third-round technical knockout at Championship Fighting Alliance in a featherweight title fight.

The first round saw Fox attempt to pull guard almost immediately. However, the move failed and Evans-Smith was showing off strong grappling chops, nearly securing a choke from the back. Fox would escape and land some powerful punches and knees that nearly won her the fight, while Evans-Smith would barely survive the round.

The tables turned in a profound way in the second. Evans-Smith rocked Fox early and laid down a massive amount of punches and knees from side control, mount and crucifix positions. There was controversy at the end of round, as the referee motioned to end the fight and was unable to hear that the bell had rung just seconds earlier.

The third was another strong showing from Evans-Smith, who escaped an early takedown and reasserted her grappling superiority, taking Fox down with a mount position and pounding her out en route to the stoppage victory.

Entering the fight, Ashlee Evans-Smith owned a 1-0 professional record going into the bout and a 5-4 amateur record. The biggest win of her career came over current TUF 18 fighter and Invicta FC veteran Jessamyn Duke (who gives her take on the show each week with us). She comes from a wrestling background, and used it to great effect on Fox.

Fox's professional record falls to 3-1 (1-0 amateur).

Fox inadvertently drummed up massive controversy in 2012, as fans, fighters and pundits all questioned the fairness of a male-to-female transgender competing in bouts against born women. Some pointed to Fox's first four fights being stoppage victories as evidence that she owned an unfair advantage over her competition, though this fight saw her beaten in most aspects of MMA.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out from here for either fighter. Evans-Smith is suddenly a major player at 145 pounds, and questions will begin flying as to whether or not Fox truly is a force in women's MMA.

Only time will tell how things will shake out for these two.
Clip from the match here:

Old 13-Oct-13, 21:54
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
She may be a pioneer for transgender fighters but I never rated her high. I will not discuss whether she has an advantage over natural females (she claims disadvantage saying her testosterone level is lower than natural female being on hormone replacement therapy).

But consider this, she is 37 and relatively new in MMA. Her opponents are younger (& presumable stronger and has greater stamina). Though WMMA is a new sports still I doubt a 37 year old newbie can rise to the top here. Most probably she won't even get the chance. As she meets more quality opponent her wins would evaporate. Whatever I have seen of her fights have not impressed me much. But I sincerely hope she gets to fight, she does not seem strong enough to pose any safety threat to her opponents (unlike a true man) and I see no reason why top women should not fight her. But saying that if she ever fights Ronda my money would be on an armbar finish in the 1st round
Good points. No one seems to know whether Fox truly has an advantage or not. From what I've seen however, I see no reason for her not to be fighting women. It would also be cool to see her against men though. Imagine if she lost to a woman and then beat a man... What would that say?

My argument has always been some women can beat some men. Some women are just naturally more athletic, stronger and plain tougher than some men.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Oct-13, 23:30
Banned
Points: 2,062, Level: 18 Points: 2,062, Level: 18 Points: 2,062, Level: 18
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Good points. No one seems to know whether Fox truly has an advantage or not. From what I've seen however, I see no reason for her not to be fighting women. It would also be cool to see her against men though. Imagine if she lost to a woman and then beat a man... What would that say?

My argument has always been some women can beat some men. Some women are just naturally more athletic, stronger and plain tougher than some men.
She got beat by a total hack and you think it's a good idea for her to fight men? It's not a good idea for Ronda Rousey to fight men much less Fox. Clearly the treatments she has taken in transforming her to a woman have eliminated any of the genetic advantages she once had as a man.
Old 14-Oct-13, 00:53
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan4life68 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
She got beat by a total hack and you think it's a good idea for her to fight men? It's not a good idea for Ronda Rousey to fight men much less Fox. Clearly the treatments she has taken in transforming her to a woman have eliminated any of the genetic advantages she once had as a man.
Evans-Smith may not be an elite fighter, but even at this level, she has accomplished a lot more than most ever will. To come on the internet and call her a "total hack" after winning a damn good fight where she showed heart and determination is just plain disrespectful.
Old 14-Oct-13, 01:31
Banned
Points: 2,062, Level: 18 Points: 2,062, Level: 18 Points: 2,062, Level: 18
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Evans-Smith may not be an elite fighter, but even at this level, she has accomplished a lot more than most ever will. To come on the internet and call her a "total hack" after winning a damn good fight where she showed heart and determination is just plain disrespectful.
Perhaps you missed the part where the writer referred to her as "relatively unknown." She had only had one previous professional fight. Hack is just another way to say she was inexperienced. Which her record clearly indicates.

More disrespectful would be your eagerness to see Fox fight men - where she would get killed - when she clearly has her hands full with women, all for your bemusement.
Old 14-Oct-13, 02:00
Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%
Last Achievements

Glad to see that Fox lost. I don't have a problem that Fox became a woman but I don't like that Fox would fight as a woman because the bone structure is still of a man. Good job Ashley.

Tags
fallon fox