Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 24-Feb-23, 01:13
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts
Default Re: What should the term semi-comp mean when it comes to sessions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTanaBoi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ok, so during semi comp do you think that trying to win should be ok. Of course at the level you stated a playful one.
Exactly, semi-competitive is a reduced level from competitive.
Old 24-Feb-23, 01:15
Points: 1,033, Level: 12 Points: 1,033, Level: 12 Points: 1,033, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Exactly, semi-competitive is a reduced level from competitive.
Ok, seems me and you have the same definition of it then
Old 24-Feb-23, 01:51
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTanaBoi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Again I know the sessioner is risking a lot. Which is why I don’t go hard and hold back during sessions. I’m not saying a full strength session should be semi comp or even comp. And my point about Kim chi responding was just to combat your point of sessioner s not reading threads. Like you said your self they frequent the website so there is a chance they could see the thread and give their input.
I hope this doesn't derail the thread too much but what I'm saying is they don't frequent the site. A few may visit the site. I just looked up Kim Chi in particular, and she's had 3 posts in 4+ years on general discussion, the rest are advertisements (which is fine). It just means you should come to an agreement from the first email on what "semi-comp" means, given that people just don't agree on this term, and especially for boxing, which has a different framework from wrestling. You're just unlikely to get professional session girls chiming in here in their free time. Always ask and get clear answers to avoid problems or disappointments when you meet. Like I said, it's pretty irrelevant what people here think, only what the person you want to hire thinks.
Old 24-Feb-23, 02:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I hope this doesn't derail the thread too much but what I'm saying is they don't frequent the site. A few may visit the site. I just looked up Kim Chi in particular, and she's had 3 posts in 4+ years on general discussion, the rest are advertisements (which is fine). It just means you should come to an agreement from the first email on what "semi-comp" means, given that people just don't agree on this term, and especially for boxing, which has a different framework from wrestling. You're just unlikely to get professional session girls chiming in here in their free time. Always ask and get clear answers to avoid problems or disappointments when you meet. Like I said, it's pretty irrelevant what people here think, only what the person you want to hire thinks.
Yeah, this thread wasn’t about should I email them about it or not. I do email them, my emails about what their definition of semi comp is is what made me do this thread. And yeah I know they don’t post on the site a lot. What I meant by my statement was that maybe they could post on here. I never made the thread with an expectation they they would.
Old 24-Feb-23, 11:48
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

To me, semi-comp - client remains on defense, sessionista maintains the initiative.
Old 24-Feb-23, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
To me, semi-comp - client remains on defense, sessionista maintains the initiative.
Ok, so you think that the client should just try to defend and not win?
Old 25-Feb-23, 11:43
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Ok, so you think that the client should just try to defend and not win?
To me, that's what makes it semi-comp. If both are trying to win, it's full comp. If they are following some sort of choreography, it's fantasy.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Feb-23, 17:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
To me, that's what makes it semi-comp. If both are trying to win, it's full comp. If they are following some sort of choreography, it's fantasy.
OK, I think the difference between semi comp and full comp is the effort you put in, not whether you try to win or not.
Old 26-Feb-23, 06:14
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Relevant thread:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to ManInBlack For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Mar-23, 20:44
Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

It obviously varies a lot from person to person so it’s best to always confirm with the wrestler. The way I approach it, competitive is where you are participating because you want to win. Semi-competitive is where you are participating because you want to play and have fun. In other terms, I’d approach a basketball tournament (competitive) in a different way than a pickup game (semi-competitive) with my friends.

But the women may have varying definitions of what type of match they want to participate in and their accepted level could also vary a lot by the size and ability of the guy who is asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to ca12345 For This Useful Post:

Tags
semi competitive, semi-competitive, session boxer, session wrestler, session wrestlers