Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-Sep-13, 11:24
Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,593 Times in 792 Posts
Unhappy Trouble with Mega.

Mega is undeniably fast, but I'm having the following problems downloading from it. Firstly, it won't work with IE 8, and tells me to use Chrome----I hate Chrome, and will not use it. OK, I'll try Firefox, which I like. Great, it worked for about 3 weeks. However, it has started to act up. It starts a download, but then tells me Firefox will only allow large downloads, if I tick some non existant box. It starts the download and then the screen starts to flash, the download stops and that message comes up. It does this with even SMALL downloads. It does work at the moment with OPERA, but I don't really want 3 Operating Systems on my computer. Does anyone have any ideas and have they had this problem with Firefox/Mega combination ?
Old 29-Sep-13, 19:13
Points: 5,575, Level: 31 Points: 5,575, Level: 31 Points: 5,575, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Default Re: Trouble with Mega.

Try using a download client like jDownloader.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freeflux For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Sep-13, 19:45
Points: 23,576, Level: 67 Points: 23,576, Level: 67 Points: 23,576, Level: 67
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,294 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie4444 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Mega is undeniably fast, but I'm having the following problems downloading from it. Firstly, it won't work with IE 8, and tells me to use Chrome----I hate Chrome, and will not use it. OK, I'll try Firefox, which I like. Great, it worked for about 3 weeks. However, it has started to act up. It starts a download, but then tells me Firefox will only allow large downloads, if I tick some non existant box. It starts the download and then the screen starts to flash, the download stops and that message comes up. It does this with even SMALL downloads. It does work at the moment with OPERA, but I don't really want 3 Operating Systems on my computer. Does anyone have any ideas and have they had this problem with Firefox/Mega combination ?
Had the same problem but it went away after I created a free account with Mega and now I always download when logged in. The problem has stopped since. But I would still advice you to keep opera its a nice and fast browser
The Following User Says Thank You to sheehan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Oct-13, 12:05
Points: 7,736, Level: 37 Points: 7,736, Level: 37 Points: 7,736, Level: 37
Last Achievements

So are MEGA downloads not permanent? They disappear off my sd card after a few days! :/
Old 01-Oct-13, 12:32
Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Question Re: Trouble with Mega.

Now that is wierd. Downloads not being permanent ? I don't see how that can happen, but if you say that it's happening then it must have happened to other users. Any ideas on this, other forum members ?
Old 01-Oct-13, 13:33
Points: 4,996, Level: 29 Points: 4,996, Level: 29 Points: 4,996, Level: 29
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie4444 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I hate Chrome, and will not use it

I'm not a huge fan either but I have it installed purely for Mega downloads if Firefox is playing up. It's not that big a deal is it?
Old 01-Oct-13, 16:46
Last Achievements

Quote:
Now that is wierd. Downloads not being permanent ? I don't see how that can happen, but if you say that it's happening then it must have happened to other users. Any ideas on this, other forum members ?
I open the folder, touch play and up pops the "downloading now" box. Last week I downloaded four clips, this week they're all gone. Unless I want to dl them again. What gives??

Oh, and they don't show up in my video player, either....
Old 11-Oct-13, 04:04
Last Achievements

AAARRGGHH!!! First the files wouldn't save to my sd card, then the app kept telling me my password or should e-mail was incorrect. Tried to use the website only to be told that the content (all that Reality Girls GOLD)
is not supported on my device (Samsung Galaxy S3)...... :sad)
Old 18-Oct-13, 18:30
Points: 3,203, Level: 23 Points: 3,203, Level: 23 Points: 3,203, Level: 23
Last Achievements

OK, we all love the speed of Mega, but it has issues. Here's some help with a couple of the big ones (based on using the latest version of Firefox with Windows):

THE BIG FILE PERMISSION STOPPER: In Firefox, type "about" then a colon then "permissions" (without the quotes or any spaces) in the URL box. You'll get a list of sites recently visited (be sure to do something at Mega shortly before this procedure) and some options on the right for each one. Search for mega.co.nz in the box at the upper left. Click on it in the list below (it should be the only search response). On the right, choose "allow" for the Maintain Offline Storage option. Close the tab. Close and restart Firefox (if that doesn't work, reboot). The next Mega download may or may not spawn a small box asking for large file permission; if so, allow it. You should be fine from then on.

CACHED DOWNLOADS: Mega buffers all of its downloads before saving them to your designated download location. Amazingly, it never deletes the temporary files, so you have a folder that continues to house copies of all Mega files until you manually delete it. The exact path depends on your Windows user name, a seemingly random Firefox designation and possibly the version of FF used, but it's in the https+++mega.co.nz subfolder of the indexedDB folder. If you search for these in Explorer and find a path including Appdata\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles, you've found it. If you've used Mega a lot, it easily can grow to gigabytes of wasted disk space. Delete the whole https+++mega.co.nz subfolder occasionally to release that space (it will be recreated on the next Mega download).

I hope that these tips will help you get past the problems without needing to install a special browser or unexpectedly run low on disk space. Good luck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jake789 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Feb-14, 21:46
Last Achievements

Unhappy Re: Trouble with Mega.

Hi !
I am a recent convert to Mega and have been delighted with it. Suddenly however ALL my uploads ( about 20 of them ) have totally gone, and Mega tells me that my cloud drive is empty and I am using an "ephemeral" account that will delete all my uploads when I log out. I have tried to set up a new account, but when I input all the data, I am told that an account exists with my email address. I think the problem is that I never used to logout, so did not need to input my P/W. Now I have forgotten my old P/W and Mega tells me I cannot retrieve it. So I cannot access my existing account, and cannot set up a new one with Mega, 'cos my email address is already in use. I have tried to contact Mega, but cannot. Also their Q/A page is no help. I accept that I have lost the uploads that I did, but as it stands, I cannot use this otherwise excellent filehost.

Please has anyone any ideas about my problem. If anyone requires additional info, I can respond with it.