Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 18-Nov-20, 08:39
Points: 3,754, Level: 25 Points: 3,754, Level: 25 Points: 3,754, Level: 25
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Average session rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was just curious what kind of rates you've been charged for sessions. By my incredibly unscientific and anecdotal evidence, it seemed to me that rates tend to hover around $300 for an hour. I live in the Midwest, so the cost of living is definitely average if not below average for the US, and a person I do sessions with recently raised her base rate to $350 from $300. She said it was because hotels were getting more expensive. I'll probably still pay it, but it irked me.

What are your experiences?
I also live in the Midwest and hotel prices here haven't changed much if at all in the past 20 years. Average wages haven't really grown either. If you go over 300 here, you really start to price people out. If a lady can get the prices they are quoting, good for them, but I won't be paying it. At this point in my life, I am getting close to hanging it up anyway. I'll never be mad about someone making what they can, we all should,I know I do in my career. I look at it as, they have their business and can run it how they see fit, we have a choice whether to session with them or not based on their rate.
The Following User Says Thank You to rassel4fun For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Nov-20, 08:45
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamScorpion [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Did I say how much Veve charges? No

I said someone who is highly skilled should charge more IF they choose...without everyone bitching and whining about it
these guys will get furious if they find out anyone ever got you a gift. people can do whatever they want.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Nov-20, 11:23
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You think so. HEHE

What on earth.

Do you realise that in 2008 the rates of £ to $ were like never before. £1 was worth $2

Top travelling US session wrestlers were often the same as and sometimes cheaper than many local ones..

If you paid £300 that is equivalent to $600 that you paid!!

You are aware of that, right?

And you think you did well there.
Absolutely I think I did well there.

It's not up to you to dictate or tell me how much I think a session that I had was worth.

Were you there? No. P. S your sums are wrong. I paid £300 in UK pounds. That did not equal 600 you muppet.
What she got when exchanging that money is utterly irrelevant to me.

You're another silly person going on the ignore list.

P. S that session was with a Robin at the height of her powers and was brilliant.

Last edited by Subboy2; 18-Nov-20 at 12:27.
Old 18-Nov-20, 11:29
Points: 2,659, Level: 21 Points: 2,659, Level: 21 Points: 2,659, Level: 21
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamScorpion [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I said someone who is highly skilled should charge more IF they choose...without everyone bitching and whining about it
I agree with a lot of your points on skill vs no skill. But one thing that is missing is the ability to entertain vs a lack of ability to entertain.
Some like skilled jujitsu fighters in the scene but in my opinion jujitsu has killed a lot of the fetishes that were involved in female wrestling.
My I ask this opinion of yours scorpion?
I went from buying customs from very skilled session wrestlers to instead buying customs from girls with no wrestling skills. And the videos I am getting are amazing.
I have a large library of videos from session wrestlers that I dont even watch.
Yes session wrestlers do a good job catering to the catfighters and the fans of acting catty talk. But there is a world of paying customers out there that are craving good strong women vs weak small women beat downs.
So right now money, not just from me is leaving the session wrestler scene and going elsewhere. and this is money I would like to see go to session wrestlers as well.
So when it comes to sessions, ( I am a custom guy by the way) sometimes its the ability to entertain that makes a session wrestler great. A girl can be a black belt in jujitsu but does she understand fetish?
I figure between 25 and 35 percent of money from custom videos is going elsewhere.
Price is about fairness and best bang for your buck. (and volume)
If you want I can give you some examples and post pics on here to see the difference.
On another note Scorpion. Its nice to see you here.
The Following User Says Thank You to gutpunch For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Nov-20, 13:04
Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutpunch [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree with a lot of your points on skill vs no skill. But one thing that is missing is the ability to entertain vs a lack of ability to entertain.
Some like skilled jujitsu fighters in the scene but in my opinion jujitsu has killed a lot of the fetishes that were involved in female wrestling.
I went from buying customs from very skilled session wrestlers to instead buying customs from girls with no wrestling skills. And the videos I am getting are amazing.
I have a large library of videos from session wrestlers that I dont even watch.
Yes session wrestlers do a good job catering to the catfighters and the fans of acting catty talk. But there is a world of paying customers out there that are craving good strong women vs weak small women beat downs.
So right now money, not just from me is leaving the session wrestler scene and going elsewhere. and this is money I would like to see go to session wrestlers as well.
So when it comes to sessions, ( I am a custom guy by the way) sometimes its the ability to entertain that makes a session wrestler great. A girl can be a black belt in jujitsu but does she understand fetish?
I figure between 25 and 35 percent of money from custom videos is going elsewhere.
Price is about fairness and best bang for your buck. (and volume)
If you want I can give you some examples and post pics on here to see the difference.
On another note Scorpion. Its nice to see you here.
You are absolutely right when you say it is the ability to entertain.
I saw a match a couple of years ago between 2 very well known wrestlers who are bjj trained and it was like watching paint dry. Of course it ended in a draw. Most of the crowd just lost interest.
The Following User Says Thank You to markuk1 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Nov-20, 22:13
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,350 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutpunch [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Is it possible for a lady to be both skilled AND entertaining?
The Following User Says Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Nov-20, 23:30
Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloNYC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
yes it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnhwasser For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Nov-20, 00:17
Points: 2,659, Level: 21 Points: 2,659, Level: 21 Points: 2,659, Level: 21
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloNYC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes many are skilled and entertaining. I just find non wrestlers easier to work with when asking for a custom. For example, a session wrestler has done 100 videos and uses the same tricks,habits,dialogs and character holds so many times, that when I need those removed, its hard for them to stop.
And sometimes you just want to see a certain match focusing on a hold. A non wrestler can make that hold look really good because I don't have a list of things for them to stop doing.
What if I don't want acting in a video? What if I don't want a pro wrestling style selling?Or catfight selling? It's really hard to retrain someone that has done something 1000 times.
Now let me ask you, do you know a video store that involved session wrestlers where the victim is small and female where they squeeze her head so tight that she turns red? No skill is needed yet that to me is entertaining.

I work with a few session wrestlers and get customs from the ones that understand what I like. Unfortionatly, I have a library of customs that I bought that have story lines that I never asked for and large water marks going across the screen.

Last edited by gutpunch; 19-Nov-20 at 00:34.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gutpunch For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Nov-20, 08:01
Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19 Points: 2,290, Level: 19
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:

I hate to break it to you, but wrestlers who offer extras are the ones who charge more. They are also the ones who get more bookings. Skilled wrestlers don't charge as much as you think. I'm talking from experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freeman20 For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Nov-20, 16:55
Points: 8,124, Level: 38 Points: 8,124, Level: 38 Points: 8,124, Level: 38
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subboy2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Absolutely I think I did well there.

It's not up to you to dictate or tell me how much I think a session that I had was worth.

Were you there? No. P. S your sums are wrong. I paid £300 in UK pounds. That did not equal 600 you muppet.
What she got when exchanging that money is utterly irrelevant to me.

You're another silly person going on the ignore list.

P. S that session was with a Robin at the height of her powers and was brilliant.
Not that it’s particularly important, but to be pedantic, in 2008 UK£300 was the same as US$600. I am from the UK and had some sessions in the US around then and it was great value for us Brits, as was everything at that great exchange rate, hotels, restaurants, car rental etc etc