Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who wins the match?
Stacie 68 65.38%
Dustin 36 34.62%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-Apr-21, 01:56
Points: 20,621, Level: 62 Points: 20,621, Level: 62 Points: 20,621, Level: 62
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,866 Times in 721 Posts
Default Who wins wrestling match between Stacie Tovar and her husband

In a Submission & Pins competitive wrestling match who would win between Stacie and her husband Dustin Tovar.

Stacie- November 27, 1984, 5'5 & 145 pounds
Stats- [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Dustin- 1982, 5'4 & 148 pounds
Stats- [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (65.3 KB, 740 views)
File Type: jpg attachment-2.jpg (139.7 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg attachment-1.jpg (153.5 KB, 348 views)

Last edited by shepinhim; 22-Apr-21 at 02:08.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shepinhim For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Apr-21, 21:19
ssddfaudhey

Default Re: Who wins wrestling match between Stacie Tovar and her husband

They are close in upper body by looks..but her legs look twice as muscular as his! Guaranteed is she got those wrapped around him it's game over!
Old 24-Apr-21, 01:00
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

I would give the benefit of the doubt to him since he has better lifting stats and, assuming they both have no martial arts training, he is also more likely to be less unaccustomed to wrestling around with someone since for men it's far more common to playfight with other kids growing up and stuff like that.
Old 25-Apr-21, 11:37
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,748 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would give the benefit of the doubt to him since he has better lifting stats and, assuming they both have no martial arts training, he is also more likely to be less unaccustomed to wrestling around with someone since for men it's far more common to playfight with other kids growing up and stuff like that.
On his Instagram page it says he was a High School and Collegiate Wrestler. But obviously he was never good enough to go pro and got into Crossfit where again he was no where near the elite and settled into being known as Stacie's husband who managed her sponsorships and carried her bags at events.

He wrote an article a few years ago:

‘A real-life Wonder Woman’: Husband dishes on what it’s like to be married to pro athlete Stacie Tovar

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
So, what's it like being married to an elite fitness athlete? Humbling -- especially for a macho guy like me who grew up playing sports his whole life and wrestled in college.

Just like me, she grew up playing just about every sport. She accepted a collegiate volleyball scholarship to the University of Nebraska at Omaha. I’ll never forget watching her play -- she was so quick and explosive on the court. Playing volleyball in college was just a stepping stone on her path to greatness.

When she first started CrossFit in 2008, the same year we were married, she was nowhere near the specimen athlete that she is today. But it only took a couple of years for us to quickly realize who the more naturally gifted athlete was.

She quickly climbed to the top of our sport, almost immediately overshadowing me and all that I had accomplished athletically just a few years prior. Now people all over the world recognize my last name because of her.

It’s crazy to think that my wife is a well-known sports figure in the functional fitness space. She’s one of a handful of women on the planet to have qualified for the CrossFit Games seven times. Talk about a rarity.

What’s even crazier is that fact that she earns more through her sponsorships than we ever did when we had our corporate jobs. (Now I manage my wife’s sponsorship portfolio.)

Over the years, her discipline, dedication and work ethic have only grown. When you mix that with her natural talent, charisma and looks, you have the ingredients for a real-life Wonder Woman, who eats healthier than I do, gets more sleep than I do and trains harder than I do. It’s no surprise that she beats me in workouts almost daily. Oh and let’s not forget, she looks much better than I ever will. She truly does have the body of a Greek goddess.

One of the uglier sides of having an elite athlete wife with a large social media following is the few bad jokers who try to ruin it for everybody. Bold opinions as to what a women should and shouldn’t look like are a the norm for us. So are the steroid comments. Long story short, it used to bother both of us a lot, but we have learned to take the high road. I can assure any man that dares to ask, that my wife is 100 percent, all-natural woman.

At the end of the day, I am honored to be the guy that gets to carry her bags at competitions, so she can be the amazing, inspiring personality that she has become. She is everything I always wanted in a wife, a woman who I admire and a person who I aspire to be like every day. That is why I proudly take a backseat to all that she is and all that she has accomplished.

I’m her biggest fan.

For now, she will continue to do what she does best and get ready for the Reebok CrossFit Games Open, beginning at the end of the month. This will mark the beginning of the end for her, as she attempts to qualify for her eighth and final CrossFit Games. After the open, she will receive yet another award in April from the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s College of Education -- she’ll be recognized as one of their “distinguished alumni” for 2017.

The list could go on and on. I am just happy to call her my valentine.

So yes, he has prior wrestling knowledge and should be given the benefit of the doubt. But considering his skills on the mat have likely diminished and she is the more naturally gifted athlete, almost equally as strong, better endurance, and bigger. Not just taller but she also has a wider skeletal frame - broader shoulders, wider back and thicker legs. She would definitely be a handful for him. At the very least it would be competitive, I think.

If both started learning BJJ, his wrestling background would probably give him a head start initially, but the more training Stacie got, she would catch him up as she did in Crossfit and strength.

Have you seen Steve Austin's "Broken Skull Challenge" game show? A lot of the girls that competed on there came from Crossfit and they look like they'd be a handful. Fast and explosive. Muscular and strong. They'd definitely maul a lot of untrained average men. It wouldn't even be much of a contest.

Guys like Dustin may be small and not look like much, but he's still way above average.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Apr-21, 01:39
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Have you seen Steve Austin's "Broken Skull Challenge" game show?
No, but now I will probably check it out, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Guys like Dustin may be small and not look like much, but he's still way above average.
Well yes, of course he is way above average despite the small stature, most guys aren't anywhere near as fit or as strong as him.
Old 30-Apr-21, 05:09
Last Achievements

Thanks to all who have voted so far! I hope to get some more votes though
Old 15-May-21, 05:03
Last Achievements

Some more pictures of Stacie and Dustin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shepinhim For This Useful Post:
Old 28-May-21, 22:46
Last Achievements

So far 47 votes, please a few more so we can break the 50 mark
Old 29-May-21, 00:10
Points: 53,473, Level: 100 Points: 53,473, Level: 100 Points: 53,473, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,534 Times in 765 Posts

I think we can all agree that Dustin is the real winner here.....
Old 29-May-21, 17:15
Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100 Points: 450,825, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,428 Times in 4,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsman71 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think we can all agree that Dustin is the real winner here.....
Why?
He tells us himself she "trains harder than I do. It’s no surprise that she beats me in workouts almost daily. Oh and let’s not forget, she looks much better than I ever will. She truly does have the body of a Greek goddess."

"it only took a couple of years for us to quickly realize who the more naturally gifted athlete was"

Shes bigger and stronger and more gifted athlete. I bet he has already lost to her many times, beeing open to say such things.

Tags
crossfit, poll, stacie tovar