Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who would win if they had a real fight?
Jason Statham 59 64.84%
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 32 35.16%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-Sep-21, 15:55
Points: 574, Level: 8 Points: 574, Level: 8 Points: 574, Level: 8
Activity: 13.7% Activity: 13.7% Activity: 13.7%

Default Re: Who would win if they had a fight Jason Statham or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley?

So statham is a purple belt in BJJ

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

He stomps rosie even harder now.. she doesn't stand a chance
Old 22-Sep-21, 00:24
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Re: Who would win if they had a fight Jason Statham or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler11 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Training and experience makes all the difference.
An injured purple belt can outgrapple pretty much everyone his/her size who has no grappling training.

Athleticism only matters when folks sorta have the same kind of technical skills.
*Deleted the stuff about Statham as I'm not specifically talking about Statham anymore. I said I believe he still has enough in the tank for now, but speaking more broadly, it's a big naivety to put so much belief into a person (anyone, as you allude, not necessarily Statham) that has a "purple belt".

Personally I was able to power out of a RNC applied by a BJJ purple belt and could have hurt him in a fight despite having very little BJJ training myself - a few introductory classes, and watching MMA fights my only experience? I was, in this case, just so much stronger than him from years of weight training.

In another example, years prior, I was able to beat/resist a BJJ blue belt guy with over 100lbs weight advantage (mostly fat) due to speed and athleticism. He was just so slow and cumbersome, lacking coordination, balance and reflex by comparison and he ultimately gave up due to exhaustion,lack of stamina.

I don't say this to brag. I can also tell you about losing to a smaller blue belt, losing sparring contests, etc. But athleticism and physicality, superior mobility and stamina absolutely can trump martial arts experience and knowledge of technique.

Ultimately it all culminates - athleticism, size, strength, skill, youth, etc. And it's all about the specific individual.

Listen to this vid at 29:50 Zack Talendar, a weight lifter that had only been doing BJJ for a few weeks at the time says he could already submit people with 10 years experience. No doubt brown / black belts, because he's "so much stronger than them."

Martial arts really is not magical.
Old 22-Sep-21, 01:01
Points: 574, Level: 8 Points: 574, Level: 8 Points: 574, Level: 8
Activity: 13.7% Activity: 13.7% Activity: 13.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
*Deleted the stuff about Statham as I'm not specifically talking about Statham anymore. I said I believe he still has enough in the tank for now, but speaking more broadly, it's a big naivety to put so much belief into a person (anyone, as you allude, not necessarily Statham) that has a "purple belt".

Personally I was able to power out of a RNC applied by a BJJ purple belt and could have hurt him in a fight despite having very little BJJ training myself - a few introductory classes, and watching MMA fights my only experience? I was, in this case, just so much stronger than him from years of weight training.

In another example, years prior, I was able to beat/resist a BJJ blue belt guy with over 100lbs weight advantage (mostly fat) due to speed and athleticism. He was just so slow and cumbersome, lacking coordination, balance and reflex by comparison and he ultimately gave up due to exhaustion,lack of stamina.

I don't say this to brag. I can also tell you about losing to a smaller blue belt, losing sparring contests, etc. But athleticism and physicality, superior mobility and stamina absolutely can trump martial arts experience and knowledge of technique.

Ultimately it all culminates - athleticism, size, strength, skill, youth, etc. And it's all about the specific individual.

Listen to this vid at 29:50 Zack Talendar, a weight lifter that had only been doing BJJ for a few weeks at the time says he could already submit people with 10 years experience. No doubt brown / black belts, because he's "so much stronger than them."

Martial arts really is not magical.
This is great and all but rosie hungtinon Whitley isn't powering herself out of a RNC (not saying you're claiming that but just throwing it out there)