Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Sep-21, 04:08
Points: 53,090, Level: 100 Points: 53,090, Level: 100 Points: 53,090, Level: 100
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 4,422 Times in 452 Posts
Default Re: Could Xenia Onatopp work in the new Bond films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As others have said, you could no longer do a character like Xenia Onatopp - a sexualised, sadistic woman that killed men during sex. It would trigger the woke feminists and cancel culture.
Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one that holds this view. My opinion of Xenia as a Femme Fatale is that she is a female character that encompasses a lot of primal fears that men have about women and that is what made her outrageously sexy and provocative in Goldeneye.

The culture today is so preoccupied with sending "a message" that they end up writing vapid and piss poor characters. It's ironic, truly, but a character like Xenia would almost certainly not get to the silver screen in this kind of movie now.
Old 24-Sep-21, 21:41
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid1029 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As someone who was introduced to this fetish through Goldeneye
Hear, hear!
Old 25-Sep-21, 00:18
Points: 5,982, Level: 32 Points: 5,982, Level: 32 Points: 5,982, Level: 32
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeBare83 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't think Xenia Onatopp would fit into the new Bond movies anymore, because the cinematic concept has changed too much, as you have already mentioned.

Bond's womanizing nature has also faded more and more into the background. But that was already foreshadowed in "Die Another Day". There wasn't much left of the gentleman spy. The new Bond is no longer the type who would even get involved in the sauna situation. Personally, I think that's a shame.

I definitely love Xenia!!! As well as all the Bond movies up to "The World Is Not Enough", as cliché as they may be. After those, I was unfortunately out.
IMO "Goldeneye" starts the trend of political correctness by having the new female M rag on Bond for being a "dinosaur" in terms of his social outlook. However, this movie-feminism may be only skin deep, since Bond still rescues the hot lady scientist and defeats a woman whose physical power is that of the crushing vagina.
Old 25-Sep-21, 13:32
Points: 3,727, Level: 25 Points: 3,727, Level: 25 Points: 3,727, Level: 25
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dune [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
IMO "Goldeneye" starts the trend of political correctness by having the new female M rag on Bond for being a "dinosaur" in terms of his social outlook. However, this movie-feminism may be only skin deep, since Bond still rescues the hot lady scientist and defeats a woman whose physical power is that of the crushing vagina.

I'll let everyone have their own opinion and also admit that "Goldeneye" was already different from the Bond movies before it. Stronger female characters were integrated into the story and their attitude towards Bond changed accordingly. But what must also be said is that Bond was not very much concerned about this new attitude. He still remained the same.
And I'm with him on that point:

When I watched "Goldeneye" for the first time, I was about 11 and the last thing I was looking for in it was some feminist statement or any kind of a message whose content could possibly be seen as an impetus for social or political discussions. That didn't bother me in the slightest, and it still doesn't.
"Goldeneye" was then, as it is now, simply fun for me! No more and no less.

I generally think that action movies should be seen only as entertainment.
That's obviously no longer possible nowadays, because everything has to be precisely dissected and analyzed.
But please, if that's more fun than enjoying the movies as such, everyone is free to do that.

For my part, I somehow don't understand it. But that's also just my humble, personal opinion.

Last edited by SqueezeMeBare83; 25-Sep-21 at 20:10.
The Following User Says Thank You to SqueezeMeBare83 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Jun-22, 21:27
Points: 3,727, Level: 25 Points: 3,727, Level: 25 Points: 3,727, Level: 25
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeBare83 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't think Xenia Onatopp would fit into the new Bond movies anymore, because the cinematic concept has changed too much, as you have already mentioned.

Bond's womanizing nature has also faded more and more into the background.
I think I have to revise my own opinion:

When I wrote what I thought, I was much too focused on the concept of the sauna scene as it is in the movie. At the beginning it looks for Bond as if it comes to consensual sex between him and Xenia.If you'd write a similar scene today, it would not work because of the new Bond type, obviously. But who says you'd have to?

If the scene were written more like an ambush(as in the jungle encounter), it would work. Suppose Xenia were noticed too late by Bond when she enters the sauna. Then she would have the opportunity to push him into the pool and continue the fight there. Or he doesn't notice her at all and she attacks while Bond is still swimming. In both cases I would swap her bathrobe for a bikini or nothing at all.

The same principle could be used, as far as Bond is concerned, in other types of locations as well, I think. For characters who, like the Admiral, don't know about Xenia at all, no concept changes would be necessary anyway.

Xenia could remain the character she is and would still work in today's movies. Provided one would be willing to adapt the scripts appropriately.
The Following User Says Thank You to SqueezeMeBare83 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Dec-22, 01:01
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

Well I just got done watching "No Time To Die".

No doubt in my mind now that Craig's Bond is the worst and wimpiest Bond. After all he (spoiler alert) done got himself killed.

Baddies did well to merely draw a spot of blood from Connery or Moore's Bond.
Old 28-Dec-22, 07:05
Points: 2,175, Level: 19 Points: 2,175, Level: 19 Points: 2,175, Level: 19
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%

In the 90s you had a real wave of seductive femme fatales that where strong but used their sexuality as a weapon too. in modern movies you have a lot of strong women too. but they use brute force and have super human powers and try to avoid sensuality. most modern movies are pure action thrillers are not popular anymore like they where in the 90s. and American movies are going down hill in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotv For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Dec-22, 16:59
Points: 6,936, Level: 35 Points: 6,936, Level: 35 Points: 6,936, Level: 35
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

If we all here pay one productions to make one short film with zenia onatop it works????
Old 29-Dec-22, 23:01
Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Lots of interesting ideas here.

Xenia was like a seductress and seemed to embody what men feared in women.

She basically kills them in a intimate position. Like a Venus flytrap or something.

During Brosnan's era the Bond girls did a lot more than just standing around waiting to be rescued but today they became even more assertive.

Lynch took over Bond's code.
The other lady in No Time to Die tore through the baddies.

A seductress would not fit in this new landscape.
Her way of seduction before killing would make her look weak and downplay women in the movies compared to Lynch who can simply outfight and outshoot her victims to kill them.
Old 30-Dec-22, 00:55
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler11 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A seductress would not fit in this new landscape.
Her way of seduction before killing would make her look weak and downplay women in the movies compared to Lynch who can simply outfight and outshoot her victims to kill them.
Well it was strongly suggested and even depicted that Xenia could just overpower and take a man against his will. Not so much that she had to rely on seduction if she didn't want to.

Bond wasn't seduced here. He knew full well Xenia was a dangerous woman, but couldn't stop her.

0:38 he's just a few seconds from being put to the sword.

Once again, sheer dumb luck and circumstance saves him.

But it's true that Xenia was a sexualised woman... And that's something modern woke cinema seems to want to phase out. That women shouldn't really be sexualised. Certainly not hyper-sexualised like Pam Anderson in Barb Wire. Looked how they toned down Lara Croft from Croft to Vikander.