Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Old 19-Jun-21, 04:55
Points: 37,536, Level: 85 Points: 37,536, Level: 85 Points: 37,536, Level: 85
Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,144 Times in 1,154 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What was his rank? Like 1000 or worse? In an exhibition match? Anyway, I don't know much about tennis.

You guys insult women when you say they can only beat boys or bad amateur teams/players.

As a football (soccer) fan, women can't compete with men. One of the best wome's national teams lost to 15-year old boys 7-0. What does that tell you?
It tells me youíre triggered by women beating men.

It doesnít matter what rank or level, these are still proud men that have invested time and energy into something and certainly donít like losing to women. But lose they do.
Old 19-Jun-21, 05:16
Points: 945, Level: 11 Points: 945, Level: 11 Points: 945, Level: 11
Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It tells me youíre triggered by women beating men.

It doesnít matter what rank or level, these are still proud men that have invested time and energy into something and certainly donít like losing to women. But lose they do.
I'm triggered by the stupidity I see here most of the time. Let men and women compete in the Olympics and see how it goes.
Old 19-Jun-21, 11:53
Points: 4,128, Level: 27 Points: 4,128, Level: 27 Points: 4,128, Level: 27
Activity: 31.5% Activity: 31.5% Activity: 31.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman20 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just go watch what Serena Williams said sbout playing against men instead of these fantasy world videos and stories. She's the best female tennis player ever and one of the top female athletes.
Serena Williams never said that she would lose to any random man off the street who just played tennis a bit with his friends lol

Added after 21 minutes:

Quote:
I'm triggered by the stupidity I see here most of the time. Let men and women compete in the Olympics and see how it goes.
I don't get the meaning of post like this, nobody ever denied that there is a very large gap between men and women on average or that male olympians would completely embarass female olympians.

The debate is about professional women vs average men, where things are not as cut and dry.

There is a massive gap between an average man and a man in the top 1%, let alone a man good enough to go pro or compete in the olympics (which is something like the top 0,0001% of men).

What's the percentile where men start beating even the best women in the world may not be that obvious.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 19-Jun-21 at 11:52.
Old 19-Jun-21, 13:36
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't get the meaning of post like this, nobody ever denied that there is a very large gap between men and women on average or that male olympians would completely embarass female olympians.
The garcons jump to making statements like that in the hope others see it as a means of mitigating the failings of other men.

"Don't look at that, look at THIS."

As you say, no one ever said or alluded to sportswomen being able to beat all men. That's just his own insecurity surfacing by feeling the need to say that.

It's like when I was a child and I'd see a woman beating up a man on TV or in a movie, I'd feel compelled to comment aloud how fake it was, how it wouldn't happen in real life... In truth I was spooked by the worrisome thought that there actually were women capable of doing that. I wanted to believe being born male was a birthright to physical superiority over women. I wanted others to agree and reassure my young, fragile ego.

Another thing that I noticed was that the more "realistic" the scene was, the more triggering it was. If it was just some daft comedy sketch where a woman flipped a man, I wasn't bothered by that. But a man fighting for his life and failing getting killed by a female villain or a guy being brought to justice against his will, fair and square, by a female law enforcer, that was much more jarring to my psyche.

Notice these people never go onto threads that are obviously fake/fantasy, it's always real accounts of women beating men in real sports/fights that triggers them.
Old 19-Jun-21, 19:34
Points: 945, Level: 11 Points: 945, Level: 11 Points: 945, Level: 11
Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4% Activity: 20.4%

I thought this was a comparison between men and women in soccer. You people go to there are women who could beat men in sports. Of course that could happen under certain circumstances. However, in sports like soccer, basketball, volleyball...etc women can't compete with men.

Obviously, I'm the triggerd one ��
Old 19-Jun-21, 22:53
Points: 4,128, Level: 27 Points: 4,128, Level: 27 Points: 4,128, Level: 27
Activity: 31.5% Activity: 31.5% Activity: 31.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
I thought this was a comparison between men and women in soccer.
You people go to there are women who could beat men in sports. Of course that could happen under certain circumstances. However, in sports like soccer, basketball, volleyball...etc women can't compete with men.

Obviously, I'm the triggerd one ��
They can't compete when we talk about professional vs professional or average vs average, this is of course not up for debate.

The discussion however was about women who are good enough to play soccer professionally vs men who are not good enough to even play in an actual team and had to resort to just play with friends at the park or at best play in the very lowest amateur divisions (and while it may sound like a derogatory label it really isn't, 99% of men fall into that description).

This is where things are not that obvious anymore (like the different opinions in this thread kinda prove) and therefore discussing and analyzing it to try to get closer to the truth become interesting.

Quote:
Of course that could happen under certain circumstances
Well, the point is determining exactly what those circumstances actually are.
Old 20-Jun-21, 02:11
Points: 79,153, Level: 100 Points: 79,153, Level: 100 Points: 79,153, Level: 100
Activity: 46.3% Activity: 46.3% Activity: 46.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,172 Times in 3,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What is your point? When she says "men" she is referring to elite, world ranked men. Probably top 500. Certainly not men off the street. lol

Patty Schyder, who is nowhere close to being the best woman of all time and never won a grand slam major beat a professional male player Patrik Mayr. He was the champion of his home state of Tyrol in Austria. A stud in his own right who beat plenty of competition for that honor. Tyrol is home to almost 2 million people and he was the champion. One man. And he couldn't beat a woman.
What were the rules of that match? In all the mixed exhibitions I've seen of the pros (other than the Bobby Riggs matches) the male had to defend the doubles court, lost a point for each faulty serve (they didn't get a pass for an initial fault), etc.
Old 20-Jun-21, 15:47
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What were the rules of that match? In all the mixed exhibitions I've seen of the pros (other than the Bobby Riggs matches) the male had to defend the doubles court, lost a point for each faulty serve (they didn't get a pass for an initial fault), etc.
It was a fairly contested, best of 3 sets singles match with no special rules. Patty won 7-6 7-5.

If you follow Tennis, it's actually fairly common that the top women will practise with lower ranked (100-1000) and generally it's quite competitive with a few stories emerging here and there that make it to the media's ears.

I've posted and discussed about them in other threads already, so won't go over it again in this thread which is supposed to be about women and men in Football.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post: