Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Jul-19, 22:37
Points: 4,051, Level: 26 Points: 4,051, Level: 26 Points: 4,051, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: What happened to HerBiceps forum?

Arcang7: I already explained that the rate I was paying for the old site was higher than what I am paying now. At least for me, the new rate IS cheaper.
Old 23-Jul-19, 23:21
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Arcang7: I already explained that the rate I was paying for the old site was higher than what I am paying now. At least for me, the new rate IS cheaper.
It depends on your plan. And Tr - - I mean Killer Crushes has already said that he’ll lower the annual rate if you had an existing annual subscription, so that’s fair. Trouble is a lot of folks dropped the site when the updates started drying up.

So, if they’d lower the rate if you EVER had an annual subscription, that would be fairer.
Old 24-Jul-19, 06:10
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcang7 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Oh, I fully understand, and honestly, the rate increase makes sense. I was only saying the old rate was lower to counter the argument made by RoadRunner that the new membership rates are cheaper -- which they're not.

And I agree with RatedG that you've been very friendly, and open to explaining things. So thank you for that. I think our frustration was that Mike didn't really do much explaining. And when the decision to close the boards was finalized, literally posted a message saying "hey everyone, boards will shut down in six hours or so, and all the archived material on the old site will be gone too." Which was just ludicrously short notice. Some people didn't even see the message because by the time they came back to the site, it was gone.

That said, what happened happened, and I'm willing to wait and see how the new site develops and give it a chance. I want to see if there really will be regular updates over a couple of months before I commit to being a member again.
Mike, and other Mike, and Sean, and all the other HB staffers and I are a team. If one of us puts something out, generally speaking, we're all saying it. Now, the information may change and it may change quickly, in some cases, but we're all on the same mission.

But what you said in closing is one of the major items we care about and all that we've asked for. Even though you're not a subscriber at the present time, you are willing to give us a chance to gain your business again. It's only been 27 days, but so far, there have been no gaps at all in the updates. Most days, there are 2 different updates. The fact you haven't written us off says a lot about the value and reputation of the product, IMO, so I have to give Mike a ton of credit for that.

He's doing a lot of podcasting now, though, so by all means, please share your thoughts with him. This thread is a perfect example of the sort of engagement we would like on the new platform (thanks to Zweig for hosting this convo!) and when a podcast goes up, you can post directly.
Old 24-Jul-19, 15:42
Producer
Last Achievements

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, and thanks also for your support. If you didn't care about HB, you wouldn't be commenting, so it's good to know that fans and even former members think HB is still worth a post or two.

Thanks to the moderators who kept the boards going all those years. I wasn't a part of HB (model site) for most of its history, but did enjoy visiting the boards and then became a lot more active after the merger. I'm part of the generation that grew up on bulletin board services, which eventually morphed into YaBB and the like. Though she disagreed with me back then, one of the things that actually led to the decline of the DtV boards IMO was the failure to move to a more modern forum platform. The old-school DtV boards used to be pretty dominant in the realm, but once the fan universe evolved, we weren't getting new participants anymore and the old people got tired of one another, but look what the DtV chatroom has PRODUCED - holy shit! Message boards do require moderation and you guys did a great job that was silently appreciated by many.

As for a "Join at Yesteryear pricing!" campaign for legacy members, it's not going to be possible because, crazy pricing aside , we cannot fully automate such a venture. But making that offer to a single member is not too much work. If, however, someone sent an email establishing a really strong prima facie case, I'd have to at least consider it.
Old 26-Jul-19, 00:22
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Gonna miss finding pics like this (Brooke Shields)
Old 26-Jul-19, 03:08
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Is that so? With the help of a few of my friends, maybe we can recreate a bunch of that stuff here. It’s not exactly male vs female though, so I’ll clear it with Zweig first.

Killer Crushes, I’ll pass along your thanks to Will. It’s much appreciated. Wish I could do the same for Starbuck, but I only know his first name.

And thanks for considering legacy follow through at least on a case by case basis. I’d rather be one of the guys, so I wouldn’t ask. But your willingness to value our loyalty gives me much more confidence in your site heading into the future. I’ve subscribed to too many failed places that just took the money and ran.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rated G For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-19, 00:22
Producer
Last Achievements

Whether it's a few weeks or a few years from now, all we want is an opportunity to show you what we're about as we get ready to enter our 3rd decade. Every fan in/near this genre has his own needs and different sites offer different services, but we think we're the best at what we do and we think we offer the best value for what we sell.

As to our level of commitment, there are no days off for a small business owner. Besides, Mike's got 4 kids to feed and I've got one heading off to college in a year, so you can count on us to keep grinding for many years to come.
Old 01-Aug-19, 02:57
Points: 252, Level: 5 Points: 252, Level: 5 Points: 252, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Guppy came through just about 2 months ago with some gems, and the first time someone shared Evangeline Lilly's first flex in years

I miss it already.
The Following User Says Thank You to Echomonster999 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Aug-19, 19:04
Points: 2,518, Level: 20 Points: 2,518, Level: 20 Points: 2,518, Level: 20
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

yes back to Topic - I know there was a lot of bullshit going on in the messageboards but still, the celeb muscle board was still active as well as my beloved german language part was.

back in the day before herbiceps, there was armfan - the first female flexing board I remember. my Question is - where do all the users from the herbiceps board migrate to now? where can we find celeb flexes now? I know thereis an italian site but for example, I have no idea where People might find flexes of german celebs now or in the future… thats so sad
The Following User Says Thank You to Scherzkeks For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Sep-19, 20:51
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzkeks [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
yes back to Topic - I know there was a lot of bullshit going on in the messageboards but still, the celeb muscle board was still active as well as my beloved german language part was.

back in the day before herbiceps, there was armfan - the first female flexing board I remember. my Question is - where do all the users from the herbiceps board migrate to now? where can we find celeb flexes now? I know thereis an italian site but for example, I have no idea where People might find flexes of german celebs now or in the future… thats so sad
Armfan, wow, there's a memory!
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post: