Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Facesit Indulgence II (Curie vs Foxy).
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - FW-163.

Old 09-Nov-20, 03:34
Points: 1,049, Level: 12 Points: 1,049, Level: 12 Points: 1,049, Level: 12
Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4% Activity: 7.4%

Default Re: I was a video jobber: Ask me anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksr32 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
2. Do you remember anything about your Flamingo match vs. Lindsey Adams? She was smaller but seemed to be pretty intense.
She's the smaller, I think redhead that wore jeans at first? If So I still need that video for my collection, so if anyone has it, do let me know!

First off, jeans suck. lol They hurt, and not in the fun way. They burn, and it's like wrestling with a sunburn, and it hurts just to move your own head when the girl is wearing them. The rivets and stitching create tiny pressure points...just all together not a good time. I made them have her take them off, so considering how hot she was...you're welcome.

She was a bit too enthusiastic at first, and with her being so small I knew I could move her around a bit and 'control' her, but she got a bit wild. During a break I was frustrated with the jeans and how things were going, so we coached her a bit, basically had to explain she didnt need to come at me like a rabid cat haha. After that we found the sweet spot and it was fun.

I think you can kinda tell when I like working with a girl, because I'm a lot more willing to put them over or not escape if I can. The girl and the guy having good chemistry makes for a way better video for you guys, and sometimes it takes a bit to find it. Some girls I never do. Ended up having a good time with her, and she was not unpleasant to roll around with haha

Added after 10 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksr32 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
3. Is there a girl that you just felt totally overmatched against? Would that be Jessica with her athletic background, or maybe a girl who had more MMA/BJJ training?
Jessica is one, yeah. With her being closer to my size, and me not even being close to as athletic as she was (and I was actively involved in sports leagues back then!), she was going to win. In that regard, she's unique in that she didn't understand that it was all set up for her to win, so she was trying to overwhelm me at first.

Suzanne and Jill could beat me anytime they wanted, but the thing was we both knew it, talked about it and made sure to get in what they wanted to see. Gia Primo is another like that, I think she was a brown belt when I shot with her. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but anyone who had legit MMA training when i didn't. Thankfully they were all professional.

Added after 9 minutes:

Quote:
4. Is there anyone that you wished you had gotten the chance to wrestle against but it just didn't end up happening for whatever reason?
First name off the top of my head would be Sumiko. She's really good and I feel in the industry doesn't get the credit for it. I'd love to try a semi competitive or competitive match with her and could be about the only one that would get me out of 'retirement'. haha. I'm sure some other will come to mind later, but Im lucky I guess, because I'd gotten to work my favorites, and most became favorites after I worked them.

Added after 33 minutes:

Quote:
5. Is there a particular hold that you have found is the most embarrassing/humiliating to get caught in? A facesit? A headlock? Something else? Or is it more that it's all just work and whatever happens happens?
For the most part, the latter. I would always research the company before I worked with them to know what to expect and if they did things I wasn't comfortable doing. So I knew what was coming.

My first facesits I guess would be the answer. Even though you knew they were going to happen, first few times it's kinda surprising, but you get used to it.

Thinking more about it, standing head scissors are visually quite humbling. Reverse head scissors totally makes the girl look hot af, and...isn't a bad view

Added after 15 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsman71 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
've always loved Christine Rocks. Do you remember her? Big, muscular, long blonde hair, pretty ditzy acting?

If so, can you reveal any details of your matches with her? How strong was she?
I may need a screenshot or a photo, because Im not sure which one she is, though that name is familiar.

update: nevermind, I googled her.

I thought she was going to kill me at first but it was a simple day, thankfully. I could feel how strong she was but she was easy to work with, because she was experienced and was super light with everything. I was selling for her the whole time and making it look good.

Last edited by I Was Brett; 09-Nov-20 at 06:16.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I Was Brett For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Nov-20, 15:53
Points: 4,727, Level: 29 Points: 4,727, Level: 29 Points: 4,727, Level: 29
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanks so much for answering these questions. Very interesting to hear your perspective.

1. Did you ever watch any of the clips from other producers that were around back then, like DWW, Greeneyes/Joan Wise, or GrapplingGirls? Either personally or professionally?

2. Do you have any sense of how "real" the Flamingo female vs. female matches were? It seems like those were pretty low scoring and the losing girls were sometimes pretty demoralized, so I've always wondered what direction, if any, was given for those.

3. What was it like wrestling Frankie Z.? How would you rate her vs. some of the Flamingo and other girls that you wrestled?
Old 09-Nov-20, 19:25

Quote:
1. Did you ever watch any of the clips from other producers that were around back then, like DWW, Greeneyes/Joan Wise, or GrapplingGirls? Either personally or professionally?
Not really but I was aware of a lot. I think the only one I could say I was a fan of was Sweetheart Productions.

Quote:
2. Do you have any sense of how "real" the Flamingo female vs. female matches were? It seems like those were pretty low scoring and the losing girls were sometimes pretty demoralized, so I've always wondered what direction, if any, was given for those.
I wasn't really aware of what they were doing with their girl-girl. I got the impression it was 'realish' like the mixed was, but I never was there for those.

Quote:
3. What was it like wrestling Frankie Z.? How would you rate her vs. some of the Flamingo and other girls that you wrestled?
She great! I think I shot with her twice at least. One pro match in a ring, and the grappling / oil wrestling video for BOTS that was out there.

She's a lot of fun and super easy to work with. Strong, but works light. We had chemistry right away. Both times a fun experience.
Old 09-Nov-20, 19:56
Points: 2,758, Level: 21 Points: 2,758, Level: 21 Points: 2,758, Level: 21
Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Was Brett [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
First name off the top of my head would be Sumiko. She's really good and I feel in the industry doesn't get the credit for it. I'd love to try a semi competitive or competitive match with her and could be about the only one that would get me out of 'retirement'. haha. I'm sure some other will come to mind later, but Im lucky I guess, because I'd gotten to work my favorites, and most became favorites after I worked them.
The rumor was Sumiko had a bad experience with a male (not sure if it was a session or video shoot) and that's why she never pursued mixed matches or videos.

She was briefly on wb270 but I never heard of a single person who actually sessioned with her. I've seen maybe 3 mixed videos of her but there all very old, none recent
The Following User Says Thank You to geforce789 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Nov-20, 20:41
Points: 4,898, Level: 29 Points: 4,898, Level: 29 Points: 4,898, Level: 29
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Last Achievements

Even tough you knew the facesits were coming eventually versus Suzanne (because it was discussed before match started ) - did you truly have to tap out because you couldn’t breathe ? Or did you just tap out because she held it for quite awhile ?

Last question - is it harder to breathe in a front or reverse facesit?

Thanks so much for your time Brett ! You are a legend sir !
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisslanger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Nov-20, 22:54
Points: 37,546, Level: 85 Points: 37,546, Level: 85 Points: 37,546, Level: 85
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,545 Times in 615 Posts

Are you still friends with any of the women or men?

Did you have a gf at the time? Was she aware of it?

Would you do it again and if so would you do it for free or need to get paid?
Old 09-Nov-20, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisslanger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Even tough you knew the facesits were coming eventually versus Suzanne (because it was discussed before match started ) - did you truly have to tap out because you couldn’t breathe ? Or did you just tap out because she held it for quite awhile ?
Facesits can hurt if they're not just right. Suzanne herself was super professional, but the style the producer wanted (me struggling and not just letting her do stuff) sometimes meant she'd land it awkward. I'd hold it out as long as I could or try to position her or myself better, but eventually I'd tap. If I was comfortable, I'd hold it as long as I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisslanger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Last question - is it harder to breathe in a front or reverse facesit?
Front for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Are you still friends with any of the women or men?
Oh yeah, lots. I still work behind the scenes in the industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Did you have a gf at the time? Was she aware of it?
A few yeah, some more serious than others. Some knew, some didn't, depended on how serious I thought we'd be.

Quote:
Would you do it again and if so would you do it for free or need to get paid?
Probably would yeah, but the situation would have to be to my liking and it would have to be paid for sure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I Was Brett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Nov-20, 02:34
Points: 2,059, Level: 18 Points: 2,059, Level: 18 Points: 2,059, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Have you ever been scissored by a muscular/trained man? If so, how do scissor holds compare between a man and a woman?
Old 10-Nov-20, 02:56
Points: 1,572, Level: 16 Points: 1,572, Level: 16 Points: 1,572, Level: 16
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

Hi Brett. If actively work in different wrestling companies at same time, act in videos for clip4sale with different wrestlers and have own wrestling video content, money from all of this will be enough for life, or better have another regular job?(and consider wrestling just as a side job)
Old 10-Nov-20, 03:48
Points: 4,898, Level: 29 Points: 4,898, Level: 29 Points: 4,898, Level: 29
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Last Achievements

Did any of the girls hold a submission after you tapped out? If so, did that make you panic?

In regards to the face sitting/smothering - did you get a sense from the female wrestlers that they enjoyed it or only did it because of the producers direction ?
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisslanger For This Useful Post: