Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Old 22-Aug-20, 15:18
Banned
Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He's pedalling duff information again pertaining to Crossfit events. The run-swim-run is much more in tune with endurance than outright speed (i.e. sprinting). It's pretty normal to see a fit 120-something pound woman completing a 500m swim and 3 miles of running faster than a man carrying over 50lbs more bodyweight. None of them are really 'endurance athletes'. In an event like this, a "weekend warrior" could step in and beat all of them. Ricky Garard has a best 5k run of 17:32. You definitely don't need steroids/PEDs to beat that. Plenty of fit running enthusiasts can beat that time.

As far as the Assault Banger event, the men have to expend more energy (40cals) than the women (30cals) on the bike and then "bang" a heavier weight (175lbs vs 115lbs for the women). So that's hardly a like-for-like comparison.

It looks like garcon55 should instead be swotting up on his Ancient Greek.
That is the first time i see relevant arguments in one of your posts.
i didn´t read about the heavier weight (175lbs vs 115lbs for the women)
You might find it normal but it is the first time a woman wins an event.
Old 21-Sep-20, 14:41
Points: 1,945, Level: 17 Points: 1,945, Level: 17 Points: 1,945, Level: 17
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Statistically unlikely but an athletic woman can be well stronger than a skinny man. If we are talking female bodybuilders then they are very likely to be stronger than the average man, because drugs will see to that.

Last edited by Tiberius; 21-Sep-20 at 15:07.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiberius For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Sep-20, 10:51
Points: 77,963, Level: 100 Points: 77,963, Level: 100 Points: 77,963, Level: 100
Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,711 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Your way of thinking is always so ridiculously simplist.
My case is a bad example, beacuse it is a very masculine field, but i get what you mean.

Catherine II was the Tsar of Russia. Does it mean that Russia was not a male dominated country and that being a male had no advantage?
Yes, Catherine II dominated the whole country but it gave positive results for Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

In many tribes, masculinity means carrying a bow and arrows and hunting in order to provide meat to the tribe, and defending the community. Feminity meant carrying a bag and gathering fruits and plants to the community. That is why men soccer is so much better than female soccer. The nature designed us to accomplish different tasks.
Nature is only a complex of different factors, what are accidental. There is no higher being, there is no greater force. If I win a million of dollars in lotto it is not because of I am a male, or because it was a full moon. It was just accidental. Every human being is different and it is not caused by presence of a dick. Hunting or gathering plants - it often depended from a season.

Quote:
Soccer was invented by men, based on men strength. No wonder the best women cannot keep up with poorly trained and non-talented men in this field.
Locomotives were invented in England, but built in every developed country. Computers were invented in uSA, yet China has now a monopoly on them and I never saw USA built PC in my life.

Quote:
Each gender has its strengths and they were used at best for the group. No need for domination here.
Every human being has his strong and weak sides.

Quote:
In such a tribe, you would be a man too weak to be a good hunter and you would state that hunting is useless because we can gather as much plants and fruits as we want, and all these men providing food and protection to the group are not much sronger than the women anyway, because there is a large distribution in each gender. Therefore this work division is meaningless.
This way you would try to save face for your inability to fullfill your masculine duties.
Wake up - it smells coffee! Primordial times have ended many years before. Hunting now is only a weekend activity and don't need too much strength, plants, fruits and cattle are grown on farms, fields are plowed by tractors, every of them has 300 horses.

It can be a physically weak man, who can yet write a complex computer program and fix a broken cellphone and physically strong soccer woman, who has stronger kick than any male and has also TKD/Karate etc. black belt. Who can fulfil what duties?
Old 02-Oct-20, 07:22
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Nature is only a complex of different factors, what are accidental. There is no higher being, there is no greater force. If I win a million of dollars in lotto it is not because of I am a male, or because it was a full moon. It was just accidental. Every human being is different and it is not caused by presence of a dick. Hunting or gathering plants - it often depended from a season.

It always amazes me how some people come here armed with their selfconfidence and ignorance and put claims as if they were scholars...

Sexual division of labour is one of the most documented chapter of anthroplogy.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

You can read Frank Marlowe or Pierre Clastres for example who extensively studied hunter-gatherers populations.

And yes it has to do with having a dick.
Old 02-Oct-20, 10:27
Points: 77,963, Level: 100 Points: 77,963, Level: 100 Points: 77,963, Level: 100
Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,711 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote:
It always amazes me how some people come here armed with their selfconfidence and ignorance and put claims as if they were scholars...

Sexual division of labour is one of the most documented chapter of anthroplogy.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

You can read Frank Marlowe or Pierre Clastres for example who extensively studied hunter-gatherers populations.

And yes it has to do with having a dick.
Well, although in my land hunter-gatherer period was over too many years before, it exist still a big list of jobs, what are unacceptable for me, since I am not too fit for it. But I still have a dick.
Old 02-Oct-20, 12:04
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well, although in my land hunter-gatherer period was over too many years before, it exist still a big list of jobs, what are unacceptable for me, since I am not too fit for it. But I still have a dick.
Then there would be some possibilities for you in the frame of sexual labour division. But you ignore them since you read nothing about it.
It doesn´t prevent you from having an opinion. This is what is amazing in the modern times.
Old 05-Oct-20, 01:40
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,531 Times in 659 Posts

There's that classic study that shows most of the difference in strength between men and women is physical size.

If you control for the fact men are usually larger, then control for body fat (usually higher in women), you get the same lean mass (muscle), obviously, and male muscle and female muscle is the same .. But women have slightly stronger legs than men, even after that.

Well, there's a 6 foot blonde at my gym – we've been training together for a few years .. Former swimmer – lean and athletic .. And I'd swear, she's at absolutely no strength disadvantage compared to a guy of her size who lifts 5-6 days a week .. If a girl's as tall as a guy, as lean as a guy, chances are she's going to carry the same amount of muscle .. In fact, this girl doesn't weigh much (165lbs or so), but she's got a very thin waist .. Typical guy, lb for lb, bigger waist, likely carrying less lean mass .. She's only 10% or so off my pull lifts, and I'm 200lbs, 6'1, and train a lot more for strength.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Oct-20, 19:07
Aftermath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Futuristics [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There's that classic study that shows most of the difference in strength between men and women is physical size.

If you control for the fact men are usually larger, then control for body fat (usually higher in women), you get the same lean mass (muscle), obviously, and male muscle and female muscle is the same .. But women have slightly stronger legs than men, even after that.

Well, there's a 6 foot blonde at my gym – we've been training together for a few years .. Former swimmer – lean and athletic .. And I'd swear, she's at absolutely no strength disadvantage compared to a guy of her size who lifts 5-6 days a week .. If a girl's as tall as a guy, as lean as a guy, chances are she's going to carry the same amount of muscle .. In fact, this girl doesn't weigh much (165lbs or so), but she's got a very thin waist .. Typical guy, lb for lb, bigger waist, likely carrying less lean mass .. She's only 10% or so off my pull lifts, and I'm 200lbs, 6'1, and train a lot more for strength.
This is anecdotal bro science. Women don't have stronger legs, but they do have a lower center of gravity and wider hips, which is why their leg scissors can be so devastating. Men have denser bones, more fast twitch muscle fibers, and an enormous advantage in testosterone to build those muscles. There are always outliers, but men and women of the same size are not equals in physical architecture. At the extreme ends of of the bell curve it gets even more heavily weighted in the man's favor. It's not close, and anyone that says or thinks otherwise has either never participated in or watched sports.
Old 07-Oct-20, 08:19
Points: 4,566, Level: 28 Points: 4,566, Level: 28 Points: 4,566, Level: 28
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Futuristics [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Wtf does controlling for body fat even mean lmao. What are you even analyzing at that point?
The Following User Says Thank You to time2windis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Oct-20, 02:58
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,531 Times in 659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2windis [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wtf does controlling for body fat even mean lmao. What are you even analyzing at that point?
That if you meet a girl the same size as you, who's in better shape, there's a good chance she's carrying more lean mass. It's that simple.

The reason they control for body fat in the study is because then you can answer the question -> is male muscle is stronger than female muscle?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post:

Tags
asian, indian, latina, pakistani, white