Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Jun-21, 09:35
Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,219 Times in 6,815 Posts
Default Visibility of Banned Members?

I'm sure we used to be able to see former members who had been banned for life, or existing members who were serving temporary bans. The information included when, why, and for how long the ban was in place, and retained other information about their usage and interests.

Now that seems to have gone. Am I right and, if so, is that due to an Admin or Moderation policy change? I was wondering because I sometimes found the information useful. Here's just one example.

Earlier this year I was able to 'out' a banned member who returned - not just once but twice - under different identities within a short period of time. Their strange use of English, 'List of Interests', and the way they (re-)joined just a day or two after their alter ego had disappeared, made this easy to spot. But if that historical information has now gone, it's much more difficult to check on these imposters.

I've also noticed other members asking "Whatever happened to?" in relation to former contributors. So being able to see exactly what happened to them would prevent rumours and misunderstandings from developing.

It's not a big issue, I guess, but I was curious whether things had changed and, if so, why.
Old 18-Jun-21, 21:46
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Visibility of Banned Members?

Strange. We had a database error recently, which caused a couple of weird effects, which could have caused it. But I still see ban info. See attached for 2 examples. If there are any profiles that are banned but are not showing the info, please link in reply, I'll take a look.

Same with accounts that users mention disappearing or being banned. Please give links and usernames, I will check.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ban1.jpg (116.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg ban2.jpg (126.7 KB, 52 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jun-21, 13:06
Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,219 Times in 6,815 Posts
Default Re: Visibility of Banned Members?

Thanks for that and - as is often the case - I was only half-correct in the first place.

If you find a post from a Banned Member that's still visible, you can click on their name and see the details of the ban. So I was wrong to say that something has changed. Sorry about that!

The REAL issue I had was that Banned Members do not appear on the Full List of Members. I'm not saying this is wrong - either in principle or logistically - but it makes things harder. I've just used our old contributor 'Igor' to confirm it.

So a couple of days ago, I got in a bit of a spat with a newbie. I came back to the thread to find his posts had disappeared - making my own reply look a bit odd without them. I just wondered whether he'd been banned and, if so, why and for how long. But with his posts gone, I couldn't check using those. I looked at the list of members but couldn't find him. So I guess that's the simple answer: "If they ain't on The List, they ain't coming in".

It's not a problem - as I said initially, I just wondered what was going on.