Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Jan-21, 08:17
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Are guys obsessed with wrestling deluded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSF [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yea my sentence wasn't the greatest.

What I meant is I like being dominated "because I let her get the upper hand early on". What that means is I let her an opening to gain an advantage, and then I fight back hard, but from a position where I'm already at some disadvantage.
I got what you meant but from my understanding that's not what is usually meant by domination but I'm not an expert at BDSM.
For me just that part you mentioned you dislike comes close to domination.

Quote:
In most cases what happened instead was:

* I didn't need to let them any advantage; they would do that themselves without needing any help from me;

* Once I was at disadvantage, my fightning back was more irrelevant that I would have liked. I wanted them to overpower me slowly, but instead they would overpower me very quickly;
Surprise, surprise.

A typical case of underestimating smaller girls or the abilities of sessiongirls in general.

Quote:
I do believe however that it depends which girls you wrestle with.
For sure.

Quote:
Of course if you choose the very tiny ones and maybe with only some very basic skills, then yea, they only get to win if you let them. I did have a few sessions like that, where the girl was just too small and not skilled enough.
The domination aspect was never a motivator for my sessions.

I prefer the competition but if a girl is into domination stuff and she earned it (i.e. submitted me) then I play along .

Still the majority of the smaller girls can't score against me.

In that case the session will change to play fight or I help the girl to improve her skills.

I often did 2 vs. 1 sessions too to be challenged.

Just to give you a hint:

Maybe you already met Sativa.

She only was able to score one point in three sessions of one hour.

Quote:
But try and wrestle someone like Sheena and see how it goes with your moves reading abilities mate.
I don't know for how long you are following the forum already.
You just registered.

You probably missed that one:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

As you can see I always preferred the smaller and unskilled girls.

Sheena was smaller than today and was just a beginner in the session biz but still a Judo black belt.

It was a close match.

Nowadays it'll be different.

Sheena improved a lot and I'm getting too old now.

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I'm 55 J, 175 cm and used to be 80 to 85 kg.

At the moment I'm up to 93 kg.

I never had formal training in combat sports and I never went to the gym.

I can't tell you how strong I used to be but to lift a 250 kg iron bar onto my truck wasn't a chellenge.

At school I was able to do 7 one armed pull ups in a row. At that time I was very lean (58 kg) / same height.

I lost count but I had more than 850 sessions in 9 years.
Old 26-Jan-21, 10:40
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It was a close match.
Who won?

Quote:
I can't tell you how strong I used to be but to lift a 250 kg iron bar onto my truck wasn't a chellenge.
Sound like you are strong as fuck then. XD

Quote:
I lost count but I had more than 850 sessions in 9 years.
Can you tell than name of some of the girls that were able to defeat you or make you tap out, if there are any at all?
Old 26-Jan-21, 11:37
Moderator [D]
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbow escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
it was a close match.
who won?
Most of the time in the first Session with a new girl I'm more focused to defend than to attack.

Its more save.

Sheena got a few submissions at least in that part where we used a GI.
Without the GI Sheena had the same problems most Judo girls have at the beginning.
They don't know how or where to grab.

Quote:
Quote:
i can't tell you how strong i used to be but to lift a 250 kg iron bar onto my truck wasn't a chellenge.
sound like you are strong as fuck then. Xd
All my life I did physical work starting at the age of 4 by helping on a farm.
I'm getting the bill now: back-, hip-, knee problems . . .

Quote:
Quote:
i lost count but i had more than 850 sessions in 9 years.
can you tell than name of some of the girls that were able to defeat you or make you tap out, if there are any at all?
Nowadays all top girls are able to beat me for example
Anika, Diana, Lara from the Czech Republic,
Tia, Sheena (easily), Izabella Mendez, maybe Antscha from Hungary,
Warrior Amazon, Headhunter Amazon from Germany,
Goddess Severa (for sure), Veve Lane, Dez Desire, maybe Ariel X and a few others from the States,
Scorpion . . .
Old 26-Jan-21, 12:24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Most of the time in the first Session with a new girl I'm more focused to defend than to attack.

Its more save.

Sheena got a few submissions at least in that part where we used a GI.
Without the GI Sheena had the same problems most Judo girls have at the beginning.
They don't know how or where to grab.

All my life I did physical work starting at the age of 4 by helping on a farm.
I'm getting the bill now: back-, hip-, knee problems . . .

Nowadays all top girls are able to beat me for example
Anika, Diana, Lara from the Czech Republic,
Tia, Sheena (easily), Izabella Mendez, maybe Antscha from Hungary,
Warrior Amazon, Headhunter Amazon from Germany,
Goddess Severa (for sure), Veve Lane, Dez Desire, maybe Ariel X and a few others from the States,
Scorpion . . .
Thanks, just a few more questions:
-How old were you when you did your first session?
-Have you ever lost or be submitted in a session where you were also trying to win and attack, instead of just defending?

Quote:
By the way that would partially explain why you were good at "reading moves", in addition to natural fighting talent.
It's a lot easier to see the moves coming and, if you have a very big strenght advantage, stop them if you are just focused on defending and you behave conservatively, since it's very difficult for the weaker person to forcefully break through your defense.
It's when someone attack and behave aggressively that he open up to counters that a much weaker but more skilled fighter is going to exploit.
Old 26-Jan-21, 14:53
Moderator [D]
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks, just a few more questions:
-How old were you when you did your first session?
My first session was October 3rd 2011 when I just turned 46.

Quote:
-Have you ever lost or be submitted in a session where you were also trying to win and attack, instead of just defending?
Yes of course.

One of my handicaps is that I'm too shy to use my weight even against bigger girls like Alice who is about 100 kg.
She is also a very skilled fighter whom I forgot to mention.

I always try to support a part of my weight on an elbow or somehow else.
Because most girls I session with are much smaller than me I cant get rid of that habit.

In general many girls told me that I should be more agressive.

Quote:
By the way that would partially explain why you were good at "reading moves", in addition to natural fighting talent.
It's a lot easier to see the moves coming and, if you have a very big strenght advantage, stop them if you are just focused on defending and you behave conservatively, since it's very difficult for the weaker person to forcefully break through your defense.
It's when someone attack and behave aggressively that he open up to counters that a much weaker but more skilled fighter is going to exploit.
Yes that's right.

That's probably the cause why Sativa, Ivy Tatiana and some others are struggling to score against me.
Old 26-Jan-21, 15:20
Last Achievements

Quote:
Yes of course.

One of my handicaps is that I'm too shy to use my weight even against bigger girls like Alice who is about 100 kg.
She is also a very skilled fighter whom I forgot to mention.

I always try to support a part of my weight on an elbow or somehow else.
Because most girls I session with are much smaller than me I cant get rid of that habit.

In general many girls told me that I should be more agressive.
Believe it or not, I think that if you were more aggressive and more committed in your offense and in putting pressure with your weight you would instead lose much more often and more easily, at least against very skilled and technical girls with a BJJ background.
I speak from personal experience, as a 130 lbs guy who used to grapple with big 200 + lbs (up to 260-270 in some cases) guys.
Usually the more aggressive and carelessness they were, the easier it was to sweep them or to find an opening to slip to their back.

The downside obviously is that you would have a greater chance of accidentally injuring them, especially if they are not that skilled or used to deal with a great size and weight disparity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Mar-21, 19:05
Points: 1,921, Level: 17 Points: 1,921, Level: 17 Points: 1,921, Level: 17
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've read enough on this forum, and watched enough videos to realize how deluded a vast majority of guys are. Question is, do you guys let your obsession or fantasies get in the way of reality. 99% of the videos on the internet are NOT fully competitive and yet everyone seems to believe it. Only a small percentage (a very small percentage) of videos are somewhat competitive.

Only someone who has wrestled properly and perhaps against another guy would understand this. Because once you do so, you will realize how noncompetitive mixed wrestling is.
What is your takeaway that guys delude themselves into thinking that a professional video is competitive? I suspect many videos marketed as competitive aren't for a variety of reasons.

For example
They get a jobber who is as skilled and experienced as the girl so noone gets injured.
They want to see a variety of action.

So I suppose guys like me would not know the difference between a good production and actual competitive wrestling.
I wouldn't call that deluded.

If your takeaway is that women can't really beat men I would say you are very wrong. The established girls train on a regular basis their skill, strength fitness. An average guy with little training can maybe curl 10 kg and if he is strong benchpress 60kg (for reps).

A woman who does not train will lift far less than that, but somebody like Warrior Amazone will come close to most of her clients in terms of strength. She probably weighs closer to 80 than 70 kg so not far off from most guys.

If her opponent has no training or very little training she is going to dominate him. Obviously if she is up against a martial artist she is more likely to lose than to win IF he works out more than like once a week.
And on sessions those women fight up to 5 6 times a days I guess. If they are perceived as competitive wrestlers thats what they will be booked as. So they build a lot of functional strength.

I am about 85 kg and of above average strength (nothing spectacular but 40 kg dumbells for benchpress does put me above the average) and to
the women I booked competitive wrestling with it was childs play to dominate me. Like it turned into fantasy/domination wrestling and they got creative.

Last edited by Tiberius; 28-Mar-21 at 19:38.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiberius For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Oct-22, 19:37
Points: 1,954, Level: 18 Points: 1,954, Level: 18 Points: 1,954, Level: 18
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

Lightbulb Re: Are guys obsessed with wrestling deluded?

A most interesting discussion.
Old 18-Oct-22, 21:43
Points: 13,334, Level: 50 Points: 13,334, Level: 50 Points: 13,334, Level: 50
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
99% of the videos on the internet are NOT fully competitive and yet everyone seems to believe it.
Or we have a forum where like minded people get to enjoy sharing a fantasy. Part of that shared experience is to reinforce the fantasy, not making sure that each comment meets the standards of those who don't share it.
Old 19-Oct-22, 04:24
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,529 Times in 659 Posts

Most of the best mixed matches I've seen have been high school wrestling .. No need to debate how hard the guys are trying – you see guys panic, exhaust themselves, punch the mats.

And in a lot of those cases, THAT will be the guy at his physical peak .. The number of guys I know who peaked at that age .. Mentioned it before, but anyone remember the Youtube video where the male reporter wrestles the highschool girl wrestling champ, and gets bulldozed and exhausted in seconds?

Mixed wrestling productions often look more like pro wrestling crossed with S&M .. But the better girls in highschool matches will completely tie guys up – interweave their legs while making him carry her weight, drive his head into the mat, use their thighs to squeeze all the air out, then grip and twist the torso like a python bringing down a gazelle .. It's relentless and exhausting, and knowing what competitive grappling feels like, it's as physically dominated as a guy can be.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Futuristics For This Useful Post: