Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-May-20, 17:48
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Average Man vs Average Woman: it depends on how you define average

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlingbloomingdale [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Exactly, law of averages is that American men are 5 inches taller and 40lbs heavier, so men are stronger, based on averages. But if you put a 5’6”, 160 lb man against a 5’6” 160 lb woman, I believe it’s an even contest, perhaps advantage female if she has any fighting skills. Men are stronger in the upper body but women have stronger legs and stronger core. I think that in an evenly matched contest the guy would dominate in the early going, but the woman would gradually gain control and dominate the late going. It’s a bit like Mike Tyson in his prime, if he didn’t KO you in the first 2 rounds he was usually dog meat.

There’s also a lot to be said for element of surprise and good old fashioned luck. If a woman my weight (180lbs) captures my neck with her arms or legs, and is determined to hurt me, I’m in very serious trouble.

After controlling for height and weight, women have about a third less skeletal muscle mass in lower body than males.

They have about 40 percent less in upper body, 36 percent less overall

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 16-May-20, 17:52
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
By definition, the average takes into consideration that there may be members of each gender that may be taller or shorter than the average for their sex
I totally agree with you in case it wasn't obvious.
The Following User Says Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
Old 16-May-20, 17:56
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I totally agree with you in case it wasn't obvious.

Ah, my bad.

Sorry guy.
Old 16-May-20, 20:32
Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Clockwork we are going to agree to disagree on this one, but I do love your taste in books.

I have no doubt science is on your side of the argument. I’m just going with my gut feeling and personal experience, a 180lb woman who’s either naturally strong or manufactured strong via weight lifting (not a fatty) would give me all I could handle in a real match or God Forbid a fight. I’ve also wrestled dommes who have no issue grabbing a handful of ball sack and pulling until you are VERY compliant. Can’t really do that against a lady opponent. Not the same anyway.

Last edited by Stirlingbloomingdale; 16-May-20 at 20:40.
Old 16-May-20, 21:15
Last Achievements

They have gender divisions (not just weight divisions) in combat sports for a reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
Old 16-May-20, 22:47
Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32 Points: 5,788, Level: 32
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Right ^ but if we’re talking about average Joe vs. average Jane, i think it’s a different circumstance.

Weight class wise, I think it would be interesting to see a true 160lb woman vs a 160lb man. DWW used to do a good job of these, and Zweig’s site does some great matchups as well. Let’s assume Zoe is 145lbs, pit her against a 145lb guy, which is pretty small for a guy, what do you think is going to happen? I think she’s going to boa constrictor crush that guy, and God help him if she wanted to seriously hurt him. I realized in one of my first sessions with Vanessa Vilano (a 145lb girl) that she could kill me if she wanted to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stirlingbloomingdale For This Useful Post:
Old 16-May-20, 23:48
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlingbloomingdale [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Right ^ but if we’re talking about average Joe vs. average Jane, i think it’s a different circumstance.

Weight class wise, I think it would be interesting to see a true 160lb woman vs a 160lb man. DWW used to do a good job of these, and Zweig’s site does some great matchups as well. Let’s assume Zoe is 145lbs, pit her against a 145lb guy, which is pretty small for a guy, what do you think is going to happen? I think she’s going to boa constrictor crush that guy, and God help him if she wanted to seriously hurt him. I realized in one of my first sessions with Vanessa Vilano (a 145lb girl) that she could kill me if she wanted to.

Your original statement was about whether women of equal weight are stronger in the lower body than men.

The study showed clearly that men are significantly stronger pound for pound in both the lower and upper body.

The study, which covered men and women ages 18 to 88, showed males have more muscle pound per per pound in the lower body than women.

The muscle men have also has more type ii fibers, which support quick, powerful movements.

The question of who would win a fight is different than who is stronger.
Old 17-May-20, 02:59
Points: 4,344, Level: 27 Points: 4,344, Level: 27 Points: 4,344, Level: 27
Last Achievements

Lol some people in this thread are so delusional

A man at the same weight as a woman is usually much stronger.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to time2windis For This Useful Post:
Old 17-May-20, 06:21
Last Achievements

Quote:

Zoe is not average. You are not average. Vanessa Vilano is not average.

You are arguing about averages but your examples are all particulars.
Old 17-May-20, 08:30
Banned
Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39
Last Achievements

Quote:

I would not take DWW or the entertainement world of mixed wrestling as a reference.

Jana N, Luzia Clara or Edita were all around 120-125 lbs and without any BJJ knowledge, were routinely destroying athletic 180 lbs guys like Honza or Tom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garcon55 For This Useful Post:

Tags
discussion, female supremacy, indian, physical domination, strength