Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-Jul-21, 22:31
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,750 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Re: Men vs women comparison in soccer

I used to post on a Tennis forum, and I remember an older American woman that used to post on there was once talking about Riggs Vs. King.

It was before my time, but she was about 15 when it happened and watched live on TV. She said people are either too young, have forgotten or don't care to remember how "big" this match was at the time. People now look back with a "no big deal" attitude. But it was an incredibly big deal at the time.

There was a hell of a lot of trash talk leading up to the match. Many men were hugely emotionally invested in Riggs winning to prove a point. Sports journalists, players, athletes from other sports, "expert" commentators, everyone was talking about it, everyone had an opinion, everyone had a "side". There were many heated arguments that spilled over into male vs female debate, even in the home as men were getting triggered by "2nd wave feminism".

The internet wasn't around back then, but it was talked about on TV, on the radio and in newspapers, magazines, etc, constantly.

Finally when the big match came around. 30 thousand were in attendance and over 90 million tuned in to watch on TV. It was huge. Families watching, crowded around the old box set. Fathers, sons, uncles, cheering on their man Riggs, while King played for all women; wives, mothers, daughters, all behind her.

I'm thinking it must have been a wild time as women began to realise they had been underestimated for decades, told they couldn't compete, couldn't have equal rights, couldn't do as good a job as men, had no place working alongside men in roles such as Policing.

Now all that was being challenged. Men were feeling the pressure. Some ended up feeling extremely humiliated when Riggs was defeated.

--

The closest I have ever come to experiencing that was in 2005, watching the Indy 500 with my family. I was 21 and lived at home with my 2 sisters. Towards the end of the race, female racer Danica Patrick was leading and it became apparent she had a legitimate shot of winning. She had been one of the fastest all race long and now it was reaching its final few laps and she was up front and looking fast. Uncomfortably fast.

My 2 sisters, who had always shown little interest in auto racing, were suddenly entranced and vocally cheering for Danica to "beat the men at their own sport". So was my mother.

It no longer mattered that British driver Dan Wheldon was in the mix. Danica transcended nationality. She could have been Chinese, Russian, whatever, she was racing for ALL women.

In the cold light of day, this was very uncomfortable. This was a man's sport. Men built cars, men raced cars. Macho men that risked death. Sure, we had become progressive enough to allow women to race now. But women like Janet Guthrie and Sarah Fisher who were "just happy to be here" and were perpetually running last or near the back ... Now here was a woman that had forgotten her place once again and was humiliating the males.

I felt like Danica was humiliating ME. I was hoping and preying Danica would not win and I still remember the relief washing over me when she was passed and fell back to 4th before the checkered flag.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Oct-21, 15:39
Points: 3,462, Level: 24 Points: 3,462, Level: 24 Points: 3,462, Level: 24
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I did a lot of research on that match. It was a fairly contested match that happened in 2002 on some Austrian local tournament between Swiss female professional player Patty Schnyder and Austrian male professional player Patrick Mayr, both 23 years old. It was officially a "friendly" exhibition but a lot of pride was obviously on the line as the match was basically meant to show that a #1183 ranked man could beat a top #10 female player easily, which is what the crowd also expected to see. I looked at tennis forum threads before the match and they all thought Patrick was going to win easily.

It was supposed to be a total mismatch where they expected Patrick to either win in straight sets or let Patty win some games. But in the end, Patty beat him in a hard competitive match 7-6 7-5 and it was a big upset.

The thing was, Patty Schnyder was not even top 10 at the time but barely top 20 female player, ranked #15, and not really formidable athlete either, only 5'6'' tall.

Also Patrick was better than his rank suggested, being ranked #892 just months ago and had in that year beat a guy in top 300 and another guy who would become top 200.

So this was really embarrassing and what I imagine also a very ego-crushing loss for him.

A stud pro player and local champ losing to this scrawny 5'6'' woman:

On top of everything, that same month after her big victory over a man Patty lost to an 18 year old girl Marie Gaiane Mikaelian 2-6 4-6.

Luckily for Mayr internet wasn't what it is now back then so this embarrassment went pretty much unnoticed outside of tennis hardcore fans who did make fun out of him. His career also plummeted afterwards.

Another proof how embarrassing this loss was for entire male Austrian tennis was that the next year, they wanted revenge and challenged Patty Schnyder again, bringing #250 ATP Austrian player Daniel Köllerer to "teach her a lesson". He was expected to win in straight sets but he also struggled and even though he won, it was a competitive 6-2 6-4 score and not really a one-sided trashing Austrian male tennis players were hoping for lol.

Added after 9 minutes:

Luckily I saved old tennis forum comments before and after the match so you can see what the mood was before and after the match.

Before the match:

"He will win easily, the woman has no chance"

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

After Patty Schnyder beat him:

People who saw event confirm that it was a real match.

After the humiliating defeat sunk in:

Austrian male tennis players vowing revenge after one of their champs was beaten and embarrassed by a Swiss woman:

People on betting forum mock Mayr for losing:

A poster on a German forum who pasted random tennis results added a nickname of Patrick "I-lost-to-Patty-Schnyder" Mayr while reporting his result in an unrelated male vs male tennis match.

Soon other members joined the taunting.

"Oh my God, the poor guy must have really got embarrassed by Patty " (post #84)

Post #86 for example (my translation from German): "Patrick Mayr played in a "battle of the sexes" match at the end of last year. The match was supposed to show that a #1187 male (Mayr) can beat a top 10 female player any time.
Patty wasn't a top 10, however, but a top 20 player.
The end of the story was that Patty beat the poor Patrick Mayr in two straight sets. "

Another pic of Patty Schnyder:

Must have been so emasculating for a stud male champion to lose to a woman looking like that...
It's amazing thinck he remember that match ? lol
The Following User Says Thank You to frenchsissy For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Jan-22, 21:48
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,924 Times in 486 Posts

Here is an interesting match between FC Malaga women's team and the u17 men's team of the same club.

The women and u17 men/boys in this case are from the same club and on similar level of quality of their respected gender. They both play in the 2nd Spanish division of their gender.

Considering all the talk about how U15 teams easily beat "the best" women's teams, one would expect and easy victory for an even older u17 team against the women's team of their same club.

Despite this, u17 males have A LOT of problems with the women. Yes, they win 3-2 in the end, but it's thanks to a really late goal and women leveled the score twice in the match.

It seems that there is not that big of a difference in quality between U17 and women's team and women could probably beat them on their best day. The boys were very lucky with some goals.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jan-22, 15:34
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Here is an interesting match between FC Malaga women's team and the u17 men's team of the same club.

The women and u17 men/boys in this case are from the same club and on similar level of quality of their respected gender. They both play in the 2nd Spanish division of their gender.

Considering all the talk about how U15 teams easily beat "the best" women's teams, one would expect and easy victory for an even older u17 team against the women's team of their same club.

Despite this, u17 males have A LOT of problems with the women. Yes, they win 3-2 in the end, but it's thanks to a really late goal and women leveled the score twice in the match.

It seems that there is not that big of a difference in quality between U17 and women's team and women could probably beat them on their best day. The boys were very lucky with some goals.
In case you don't have time to watch entire game, here are the goals women scored.

Very humbling goals!
Old 21-Jan-22, 21:02
Females are superior

Quote:
In case you don't have time to watch entire game, here are the goals women scored.

Very humbling goals!
Very humbling goals indeed. The girls were too quick and smart for the boys. Actually most of the girls on the women's team are under 21, and a couple of them are only 16.

Quote:
I did a lot of research on that match. It was a fairly contested match that happened in 2002 on some Austrian local tournament between Swiss female professional player Patty Schnyder and Austrian male professional player Patrick Mayr, both 23 years old. It was officially a "friendly" exhibition but a lot of pride was obviously on the line as the match was basically meant to show that a #1183 ranked man could beat a top #10 female player easily, which is what the crowd also expected to see. I looked at tennis forum threads before the match and they all thought Patrick was going to win easily.

It was supposed to be a total mismatch where they expected Patrick to either win in straight sets or let Patty win some games. But in the end, Patty beat him in a hard competitive match 7-6 7-5 and it was a big upset.

The thing was, Patty Schnyder was not even top 10 at the time but barely top 20 female player, ranked #15, and not really formidable athlete either, only 5'6'' tall.

Also Patrick was better than his rank suggested, being ranked #892 just months ago and had in that year beat a guy in top 300 and another guy who would become top 200.

So this was really embarrassing and what I imagine also a very ego-crushing loss for him.

A stud pro player and local champ losing to this scrawny 5'6'' woman:

On top of everything, that same month after her big victory over a man Patty lost to an 18 year old girl Marie Gaiane Mikaelian 2-6 4-6.

Luckily for Mayr internet wasn't what it is now back then so this embarrassment went pretty much unnoticed outside of tennis hardcore fans who did make fun out of him. His career also plummeted afterwards.

Another proof how embarrassing this loss was for entire male Austrian tennis was that the next year, they wanted revenge and challenged Patty Schnyder again, bringing #250 ATP Austrian player Daniel Köllerer to "teach her a lesson". He was expected to win in straight sets but he also struggled and even though he won, it was a competitive 6-2 6-4 score and not really a one-sided trashing Austrian male tennis players were hoping for lol.

Added after 9 minutes:

Luckily I saved old tennis forum comments before and after the match so you can see what the mood was before and after the match.

Before the match:

"He will win easily, the woman has no chance"

After Patty Schnyder beat him:

People who saw event confirm that it was a real match.

After the humiliating defeat sunk in:

Austrian male tennis players vowing revenge after one of their champs was beaten and embarrassed by a Swiss woman:

People on betting forum mock Mayr for losing:

A poster on a German forum who pasted random tennis results added a nickname of Patrick "I-lost-to-Patty-Schnyder" Mayr while reporting his result in an unrelated male vs male tennis match.

Soon other members joined the taunting.

"Oh my God, the poor guy must have really got embarrassed by Patty " (post #84)

Post #86 for example (my translation from German): "Patrick Mayr played in a "battle of the sexes" match at the end of last year. The match was supposed to show that a #1187 male (Mayr) can beat a top 10 female player any time.
Patty wasn't a top 10, however, but a top 20 player.
The end of the story was that Patty beat the poor Patrick Mayr in two straight sets. "

Another pic of Patty Schnyder:

Must have been so emasculating for a stud male champion to lose to a woman looking like that...
Yeah, the icing on the cake is she didn't even look athletic at all. She was only 5 ft 6, she had no muscle and she even had a little pot belly. That only makes it more humiliating.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jan-22, 21:49
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Females are superior [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah, the icing on the cake is she didn't even look athletic at all. She was only 5 ft 6, she had no muscle and she even had a little pot belly. That only makes it more humiliating.
Just how embarrassed do you think he felt after this loss? Considering his career went completely downhill afterwards, I wouldn't be surprised if this defeat to Patty damaged him psychologically.
Old 22-Jan-22, 08:07
Females are superior

Quote:
Just how embarrassed do you think he felt after this loss? Considering his career went completely downhill afterwards, I wouldn't be surprised if this defeat to Patty damaged him psychologically.
The fact that the defeat was so public and he was so overconfident before the match must have destroyed him psychologically. He can thank his lucky stars he didn't have to face the 18-year-old girl or the humiliation could have been even worse.

Added after 18 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks, I will check out the links later when I'm on my pc.

So in your opinion professional females are comparable to what level of men?
For example National level women are comparable to Fourth division/Serie D men? Or they are lower than that?
Skills-wise the difference is not as big as you might think, especially when you consider the pool of female players is much smaller and even at the higher levels women struggle to make a living out of the sport. There was a study on penalty kicks at top level soccer and it turns out the conversion rate is practically identical. You might argue that male goalkeepers are taller, but the percentage of penalty kicks that miss the goal is also practically identical.

Even without stats you only have to watch games to see top male players who can't even reach the box when they take a corner kick while some female players deliver perfectly calibrated kicks (even though the girls are much smaller), many male players who kick it to the clouds when they shoot from outside the box while many female players score real peaches from that distance, or very expensive male signings who embarrass themselves at their presentations by failing miserably to make three touches in a row while women break records makings thousands of touches. I think the increasing emphasis on physical strength in male soccer means they're not always as skilled as you would expect and can sometimes be embarrassed by females in that department.

Last edited by Females are superior; 23-Jan-22 at 19:23.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-22, 14:40
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,750 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:

Very humbling goals!
I made a gif of the goalkeeper's frustration spilling over after the girls equalised late in the game.

This is not the body language or behaviour of a young man enjoying a light-hearted, friendly game while going at 50% against the ladies.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-22, 19:17
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I made a gif of the goalkeeper's frustration spilling over after the girls equalised late in the game.

This is not the body language or behaviour of a young man enjoying a light-hearted, friendly game while going at 50% against the ladies.

This goalkeeper was embarrassed twice by these girly-girls they played against. In both goals they scored they made him look foolish, they were very humiliating goals. It's understandable he was frustrated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Feb-22, 13:05
Points: 3,462, Level: 24 Points: 3,462, Level: 24 Points: 3,462, Level: 24
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Females are superior [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Very humbling goals indeed. The girls were too quick and smart for the boys. Actually most of the girls on the women's team are under 21, and a couple of them are only 16.

Yeah her belly is cute haha

Quote:
This goalkeeper was embarrassed twice by these girly-girls they played against. In both goals they scored they made him look foolish, they were very humiliating goals. It's understandable he was frustrated.
His reaction is amazing haha

Hello everyone.
I just wanna share a girlpower moment. 😛 😛
This is what happens when a girl's soccer team plays against a boys' team. haha
Have a good day 🙂 🙂 🙂
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frenchsissy For This Useful Post: