Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-Jul-19, 08:41
Points: 3,057, Level: 23 Points: 3,057, Level: 23 Points: 3,057, Level: 23
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Fighting back in session

I recently started to have sessions and so far each session was very enjoyable. However i have a question for the more experienced of you guys.
During the session i like to try my best to defend myself to avoid ending in a hold. Having no wrestling/martial arts experience and being on the skinny side I always end up tapping but it makes the pin/sublission even more enjoyable. This part is quite instinctive.

My problem is that i have no clue what to do regarding the offensive part. It happened during several sessions that the girl will lie down on her back and make the "come at me " motion. I just don't know what to do then.
My main concern is to not hurt the girl.

Do you have any recommendation of holds that are easy to apply and that have low risk of hurting the other wrestler ?
Old 29-Jul-19, 09:39
Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,048 Times in 141 Posts
Default Re: Fighting back in session

Don't worry, they are on average less fragile than they look! You can try to sit on your opponent's chest (if she's a martial artist that will be tough) and then close in your arms her head and one of her arms; It's called arm triangle chocke, check It out! From the same position you can pin her arms down and then slide forward, chocking her throat under your weight. If she attempts to move from under you just catch her head between your legs. They are just a few tips in order to make your time together more enjoyble. However, if the girl is stronger than you and she's trained just a bit in wrestling or bjj you will be ending on the losing end pretty soon
The Following User Says Thank You to John3 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jul-19, 10:06
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Pins obviously, but if they are stronger as well as skilled it won't be easy!

Maybe the headlock can be a good option, especially if you can try to place one of her arms between your legs also.

Trying to take her down with a headlock, even if not applying it after the takedown, is a possibility but again if she is strong watch out lol, and anyway the girl will probably be able to counter attack, but like you said it would make it fun if and when she can do that.

Regarding lying on her back, maybe grabbing a leg and/or getting one of her legs in between both of yours, could be plans of attack, so to speak?
The Following User Says Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jul-19, 13:04
Last Achievements

Thanks for your answers. Indeed pins and headlocks seems to be the easiest way to go.
Old 29-Jul-19, 22:41
Points: 10,048, Level: 43 Points: 10,048, Level: 43 Points: 10,048, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

What submissions I get are mostly wrist or armlocks of one variety or another. I avoid attacks on the lady's neck or head for fear I might accidentally hurt her, even if she is stronger than I am. As my training progresses, I might acquire enough expertise to be able to get submissions from various neck or head holds. Or not. Avoiding injury to my opponent is most important to me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jul-19, 08:40
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What submissions I get are mostly wrist or armlocks of one variety or another. I avoid attacks on the lady's neck or head for fear I might accidentally hurt her, even if she is stronger than I am. As my training progresses, I might acquire enough expertise to be able to get submissions from various neck or head holds. Or not. Avoiding injury to my opponent is most important to me.
Yeah, I respect your reasoning, and the last sentence applies to me too for sure.

I'm a little bit the other way round in conclusion (and instinct) though. I'm reluctant to try to get submissions with armlocks etc, but feel fine using headlocks (however I'm probably talking of a fairly basic method, and chokes would absolutely be a different matter - I'm not that keen on them being done to me either haha, but if I can tap and be released then ok....which is how I feel about the girls doing headlocks too obviously but those do feel more safe in essence even if they can be plenty painful enough to tap to if applied with power and effective technique).

Mostly I wouldn't be setting out to get a submission with a headlock or certainly trying to apply full pressure/power to cause a lot of pain though, just to clarify (and I wasn't suggesting the OP did that either when I made my earlier comment - he'd already said he didn't want to cause any injury or too much pain too). It's more if the opponent ends underneath after I have used a headlock for a takedown (which I can like to be done to me too, not that I'd just let it happen, but if it does by surprise I mean), that I might try to maintain the hold enough to get a point via the "ok, I'm trapped" method (and like I said if trapping an arm too, then that can be more likely).

It doesn't always work though - sometimes the girl will escape, force her way out, .....transition you into headscissors (hello Viktoria)!

I did score one point with a wrist lock a long time ago (in one of my first sessions), as Shelby Beach had just done it on me shortly before, and I felt I could instinctively copy what she had done. It was the only point I got though - she could indeed escape any headlock, pin etc, while I submitted a few times mostly when being squeezed by her legs!

Anyway, yeah I agree that nobody (including us to be honest too) getting hurt, or upset, is the most important thing in essence for sure. And I can see what you mean in terms of not doing things you don't feel you can apply properly/safely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jul-19, 11:36
Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

I've asked the ladies who are really trained wrestlers to show me how to do holds during a session. That's an enjoyable way to learn how to wrestle and do holds, make at least some of each session a training lession, only instead of some sweaty hairy guy, is a beautiful lady. What's not to like about that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrrassleswithgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 31-Jul-19, 11:39
Last Achievements

My point is not necessarily to submit the lady but to make the session more competitive. In my opinion it make the session more enjoyable when it get more intense. But i prefer to be on the receiving end.
Old 31-Jul-19, 18:06
Points: 3,395, Level: 24 Points: 3,395, Level: 24 Points: 3,395, Level: 24
Last Achievements

If you session with a girl who entices you to go on the offensive, then I wouldn’t worry about “hurting” her. She obviously either knows what she’s doing or she knows you’re no threat.

I’d go for a headlock and try your best to twist her down onto her back and hang on for dear life.
The Following User Says Thank You to LDooby For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-19, 21:47
Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellios [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I recently started to have sessions and so far each session was very enjoyable. However i have a question for the more experienced of you guys.
During the session i like to try my best to defend myself to avoid ending in a hold. Having no wrestling/martial arts experience and being on the skinny side I always end up tapping but it makes the pin/sublission even more enjoyable. This part is quite instinctive.

My problem is that i have no clue what to do regarding the offensive part. It happened during several sessions that the girl will lie down on her back and make the "come at me " motion. I just don't know what to do then.
My main concern is to not hurt the girl.

Do you have any recommendation of holds that are easy to apply and that have low risk of hurting the other wrestler ?
I am in the same situation and I stick to stuff I know how to do, like basic pins and scissors. I never really feel like I have to hold back since my moves are always countered quickly.

If they're letting you attack them, they can tell you're safe. Several women have even started letting me get them in holds before they start fighting back to make it more even and so they can practice escaping holds.

As was suggested, many would probably be willing to teach you some holds too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ca12345 For This Useful Post: