Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of this session?
InTheFlesh86 will win Part 1, but lose Part 2. 5 5.26%
InTheFlesh86 will win Part 2, but lose Part 1. 6 6.32%
InTheFlesh86 will win both Part 1 and Part 2 (most likely). 20 21.05%
InTheFlesh86 will lose both Part 1 and Part 2 (<1% chance). 13 13.68%
I want Dez to make InTheFlesh86 cry. 51 53.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-Jul-20, 09:25
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts
Default Re: Dez Desire vs Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's jumping guard and against a guy your size it's not going to work (and actually you can find countless of video where it doesn't work, even between similar sized men), but it's the absolute worst and less effective way to try to take down someone.
If it's the first thing she tries to do it means she has no takedown skills at all (like the girl in your video).
Sorry to change the topic here, but since you're knowledgeable about BJJ, what do you make of that video I linked earlier? Supossedly it's real, but those boys seem hurrendously bad. I don't have training either, but I guarantee you I wouldn't lose that bad...
Old 08-Jul-20, 09:52
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sorry to change the topic here, but since you're knowledgeable about BJJ, what do you make of that video I linked earlier? Supossedly it's real, but those boys seem hurrendously bad. I don't have training either, but I guarantee you I wouldn't lose that bad...
I have already seen that video in the past more than once, it's pretty popular, allegedly the backstory is that they challenged here because they didn't believe that a trained girl would be able to beat them.

They didn't seem "hurrendously bad", I mean, they performed exactly how you would expect a guy with no BJJ skills to perform against someone with BJJ training without a very large size and strenght advantage, which means to be effortlessly clowned without being able to do much.

Of course you would not lose that bad, you are twice their size and more than twice their strenght.

I actually think that you would probably beat her, she was not very impressive, altough I would love to be proven wrong.
She was quite good on the ground but she clearly has zero takedown/stand-up grappling training.

I also am sure that it's real, I think that it would be conspiracy-theory level to suggest otherwise.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 08-Jul-20 at 10:02.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jul-20, 11:58
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You should start to think about it, it' pretty important, since many leg locks, especially heel hooks:
-Are extremely effective against an huge size and strenght gap, they are regarded as the best "giant killer" move, with the possible exception of the rear naked choke.

-They can be applied even against someone who is standing, so they are a good bet for her if she can't take you down in a more classic way.
Actually they can work as a submission and as a takedown simultaneously.

-They can be very dangerous since damage to the knee can occur before starting to feel pain once the move is applied, so you have to be very careful with them.

That's jumping guard and against a guy your size it's not going to work (and actually you can find countless of video where it doesn't work, even between similar sized men), but it's the absolute worst and less effective way to try to take down someone.
If it's the first thing she tries to do it means she has no takedown skills at all (like the girl in your video).

It depends who it is jumping guard...my wifes friend uses that slot and shes almost purple belt.If the person doesn't go down shes successful at standing guillotine and kimuras.She has climbed around and got my back before.She won't let go and squeezes tighter the longer you stand.Most people go down lol

Added after 1 6 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hmm, hadn't really thought about it, nor do I know much about those. I'm planning on starting standing up, so the first thing I'll be curious to see is whether she'll able to bring me down. I've seen a ton of girls pull [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]off against guys and it always seems to work, yet I'm really skeptical it will work against me, as I have a pretty strong posterior chain (~500lb deadlift).

Mark my word Dez will take you down low,at the legs.By the time you hit the mat you'll be mounted and trying to save yourself from an armbar or mounted triangle. If she fails you'll end up grapevine pinned.My prediction.

Last edited by ssddfaudhey; 08-Jul-20 at 12:05.
Old 08-Jul-20, 19:15
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Mark my word Dez will take you down low,at the legs.By the time you hit the mat you'll be mounted and trying to save yourself from an armbar or mounted triangle. If she fails you'll end up grapevine pinned.My prediction.
Plz...
Old 10-Jul-20, 05:33
Last Achievements

Planning on wearing a custom shirt into battle on August 22nd. Which design should I choose???

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] (+others)
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (114.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png 2.png (108.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png 3.png (110.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png 4.png (120.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png 5.png (111.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png 6.png (109.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png 7.png (110.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png 8.png (113.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 10-Jul-20, 07:57
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Planning on wearing a custom shirt into battle on August 22nd. Which design should I choose???

That's a brilliant idea!!

I like the second one ("real men don't submit"). It's short and simple. It gives her an easy 'go to' insult, i.e. that you are not a real man.

I'm wishing I had this idea for some of my past sessions. It seems like a certain way to create banter / laughs / a fun atmosphere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jul-20, 08:18
Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25 Points: 3,782, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I quite like the last one, because I'm sure you'd be a good enough sport to let her cross out the word 'don't' as and when she was able to get a submission, and her and your wife might enjoy that.

Not to say I'm certain you will be submitting, but given Dez's capabilities and the schedule for the session I guess there is a good chance it should happen at some point!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armwrestlefan99 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jul-20, 09:13
Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] (+others)
I would prefer a shirt like this one:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to WStreet316 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jul-20, 09:43
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

That's a brilliant idea!!

I like the second one ("real men don't submit"). It's short and simple. It gives her an easy 'go to' insult, i.e. that you are not a real man.

I'm wishing I had this idea for some of my past sessions. It seems like a certain way to create banter / laughs / a fun atmosphere.
Haha thanks. I like that one too, my only concern about it was exactly what you mentioned, which is that she's obviously just going to say "well you must not be a real man". Unfortunately I feel like that kind of gives me a way out "ego-therapy" wise, in that the shirt wouldn't actually be refuted by her submitting me. It would mean that there could still be plenty of "real men" out there who wouldn't submit, whereas the point of my therapy is to be OK with the idea women are in fact capable of submitting real men. So for that reason, I'm kind of leaning towards the last one right now
Old 10-Jul-20, 09:51
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armwrestlefan99 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I quite like the last one, because I'm sure you'd be a good enough sport to let her cross out the word 'don't' as and when she was able to get a submission, and her and your wife might enjoy that.
Haha oh man, the idea of wearing that shirt for the rest of the day with the word "don't" crossed out is terrifying. Maybe I should bring a sharpie...