Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Mar-20, 21:21
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%

Default Re: Scientific study finds average man punches 162% harder than woman (even athletes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have read the thread, I'm the only one to have the impression that some guys there use the excuse of "it's to make women realize how weaker they are for their own safety" to basically brag in a weird day about how they, as a men, are so incredibly stronger than any woman ever and take pleasure in stating that?
Or am I looking at it the wrong way?
some guys definitely do that because they don't have much going on for themselves.

but a lot of commenters are women posting their accounts.

TwoX is actually very disliked by some other communities on reddit because it often very critical of men (paints with a broad brush) and borders on radical feminism
Old 09-Mar-20, 21:37
Points: 13,934, Level: 51 Points: 13,934, Level: 51 Points: 13,934, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,439 Times in 904 Posts
Default Re: Scientific study finds average man punches 162% harder than woman (even athletes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben88i9 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
some guys definitely do that because they don't have much going on for themselves.

but a lot of commenters are women posting their accounts.

TwoX is actually very disliked by some other communities on reddit because it often very critical of men (paints with a broad brush) and borders on radical feminism
Yes I was talking about some of the guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Mar-20, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes I was talking about some of the guys.
i actually agree with you then
Old 09-Mar-20, 21:52
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben88i9 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
this is actually a terrible example because this same woman fought a no name male in an intergender fight and was brutally knocked out by him. it's a pretty infamous fight, Lucia rjiker vs Somchi jadee

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

in the clip above, the guy was basically a low ranked male.contender and he absorbed Lucia's strikes pretty easily before knocking her out.

also getting one of the worlds best female strikers to compwre against guys who can't strike well is pretty weird.
The juxtaposition of that punching power test with Rijker's fight illustrates a point I tried to make earlier about strength vs punching power and then another about fighting. Under ideal conditions, Rijker punched harder than a bigger, stronger man. In the fight, regardless of who punched harder, Jaidee was quicker and, as a result, Rijker had to absorb more damage, and the eventual KO.
Old 09-Mar-20, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The juxtaposition of that punching power test with Rijker's fight illustrates a point I tried to make earlier about strength vs punching power and then another about fighting. Under ideal conditions, Rijker punched harder than a bigger, stronger man. In the fight, regardless of who punched harder, Jaidee was quicker and, as a result, Rijker had to absorb more damage, and the eventual KO.
yeah, but that experiment looked dodgy. for starters they're throwing a completely different type of punch. And secondly, MMA strikers fucking suck. So no surprise really.

when it comes to untrained strikers, then the stronger/more powerful person will win. usually in such cases, the man is not only stronger but also more explosive. But when it comes to training, the speed and timing is more Important.

regardless, Somchai Jaidee was a relatively unknown regional fighter, and he absorbed those strikes rather easily and then knocked her out. those same strikes from rjiker completely fuck up other world class females, but did very little damage to a regional unknown male.
Old 09-Mar-20, 22:06
Last Achievements

Quote:
i wonder if she was into guys dominating her when she got older? ive known some dominatrixes who told me they like it when a guy dominates them as their personal sexual preference.

either way its always sad to base one's self worth on external factor, whether that be the best fighter or having a good job etc. it's not easy for women with self esteem.
As long as I knew her, I got no sense that she was into guys dominating her. I agree with you about the self esteem thing and I hope she found her internal light. I heard that she settled into a middle-class career and never married. She must have kept fit to crush my hand like that years later.
Old 09-Mar-20, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As long as I knew her, I got no sense that she was into guys dominating her. I agree with you about the self esteem thing and I hope she found her internal light. I heard that she settled into a middle-class career and never married. She must have kept fit to crush my hand like that years later.
she sounds like.someone who might have enjoyed headscissoring if u challenged her to a tap out challenge or.something
Old 09-Mar-20, 23:44
Last Achievements

Quote:
she sounds like.someone who might have enjoyed headscissoring if u challenged her to a tap out challenge or.something
That’s a nice thought.
Old 10-Mar-20, 00:47
Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

I don’t think there’s any doubt there are facts behind the belief that the average man is stronger than the average woman and that it’s appropriate to have separate divisions. More of the debate comes from the guys who don’t want to admit that any woman can be stronger than any man, or that any woman can be stronger than they are.

I’ve always been considered weak, skinny, and so on for a guy and I legitimately lost in wrestling to girls over the years. But the girls who beat me were always universally considered strong, usually heavier than me, and were tomboys, athletes etc. Even then, I still usually won in arm wrestling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ca12345 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Mar-20, 00:59
G-Force

Quote:
generally speaking, bigger dudes are often stronger than smaller leaner dudes, provided that both dudes lift.
Yes, but that' not my point. Not talking about making all things equal ("provided that both dudes lift"), because many times they are not, even between those of the same gender. My point was that "strength" is a very focused application. Has anyone ever pulled back a compound bow? It takes a very specific developed strength from a specific muscle group. You can take a big guy that can out-lift most of his peers and hand him the bow and watch him struggle because he hasn't developed the strength yet. Take a smaller guy that could never out-bench that bigger guy but has developed strength specific to that task. Take a ballerina, who can do some amazing feats of strength that a big powerlifter would struggle with. Add training and acquired skill to that and you mix it up even more. Again, these studies prove nothing about physiological differences we don't already know, especially in a vacuum where all other things are equal. Hence my struggle to find a point to the topic on a forum that celebrates the counter point. IDK, maybe I'm just taking crazy pills here.