Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Aug-20, 05:00
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts
Default Escape my hold, win $10!

I continue to be fascinated about the idea of "mainstreaming" mixed wrestling/grappling to the broader public. I just know that there are a lot of macho guys out there who would be so skeptical and curious at the idea that a hot girl could completely immobilize them with a smile on her face.

Threads like [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], and [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], and [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]have gotten me thinking lately about a way to merge our world with the 'real' world and I had an idea that I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts on!

If you follow arm wrestling, you may have heard about a young guy who goes by the name "Schoolboy". Despite his baby faced looks, he's actually a very capable arm-wrestler with a dedicated youtube following. In this [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], he apparently sets up a booth in a public area with a sign that says "Beat me at arm wrestling, get $10"

I think it would be very interesting (and entertaining) if someone could convince an attractive girl skilled in Judo/BJJ like [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
to set up a mat and hold a sign along the lines of "Escape my hold, win $10". Guys skilled in martial arts wouldn't be dumb enough to take the challenge, so I think you'd mostly get 'tough guys' who wouldn't know what they were getting themselves into. The girl would put him in the hold of her choice and he would have 2 minutes to escape. I bet you'd have guys lining up to prove themselves!

There's probably a number of ways this could be done. Here's a few I can think of:

1. As a random social experiment.
2. As a money making hustle (guys pay $10 to play, get $20 if they win)
3. As a marketing tactic to promote some BJJ gym, or self-defense class (could see this being set up at a fitness expo or convention)
4. As a Youtube video idea (could easily see this garnering a lot of views on the right channel)

Do you all think this could happen or does it seem too far fetched? Any ideas on how to make it better, as well as who we know that could make it happen?!
Old 25-Aug-20, 05:09
ssddfaudhey

Default Re: Escape my hold, win $10!

Brilliant idea, my wife did this at our stag and doe as a game.It made sine good $$
Old 25-Aug-20, 07:00
Points: 13,934, Level: 51 Points: 13,934, Level: 51 Points: 13,934, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,439 Times in 904 Posts

The idea is brilliant and I would like to see it, but I think the main problem is the following:

-If you have them try to escape actual submissions such as armbar o chokes, there is the concrete risk of someone not tapping due to ego and pride and ending up injured if not worse.

-If you don't include submissions but just pins and immobilization holds, big and strong guys like you are very likely going to actually be able to escape, which would make the girl look bad, and if she is aware of it she would probably not be willing to partecipate.
In an actual grappling match or fight powering out from a pin most of the times would actually be worse for you, since it would not only be exhausting but it would also usually expose you to an easy submission opportunity (eg. you push her away from mount extending your arms and get armlocked, or you roll her off exposing your back and getting choked in the process), but if the girl takes the opportunity then you come back to the first problem.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 25-Aug-20 at 07:16.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Aug-20, 11:28
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Brilliant idea, my wife did this at our stag and doe as a game.It made sine good $$
Ask her if she is fine recording it lol
Old 25-Aug-20, 12:38
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ask her if she is fine recording it lol

Some guest recorded it ,some of the attempts lol We set a timer at 30 seconds to either escape or tapout.She won them all ,some she on used closed guard (bodyscissor)
Old 25-Aug-20, 12:41
Points: 3,009, Level: 22 Points: 3,009, Level: 22 Points: 3,009, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 25-Aug-20, 12:46
ssddfaudhey

Youtube Re: Escape my hold, win $10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I continue to be fascinated about the idea of "mainstreaming" mixed wrestling/grappling to the broader public. I just know that there are a lot of macho guys out there who would be so skeptical and curious at the idea that a hot girl could completely immobilize them with a smile on her face.

Threads like [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], and [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], and [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]have gotten me thinking lately about a way to merge our world with the 'real' world and I had an idea that I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts on!

If you follow arm wrestling, you may have heard about a young guy who goes by the name "Schoolboy". Despite his baby faced looks, he's actually a very capable arm-wrestler with a dedicated youtube following. In this [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], he apparently sets up a booth in a public area with a sign that says "Beat me at arm wrestling, get $10"

I think it would be very interesting (and entertaining) if someone could convince an attractive girl skilled in Judo/BJJ like [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
to set up a mat and hold a sign along the lines of "Escape my hold, win $10". Guys skilled in martial arts wouldn't be dumb enough to take the challenge, so I think you'd mostly get 'tough guys' who wouldn't know what they were getting themselves into. The girl would put him in the hold of her choice and he would have 2 minutes to escape. I bet you'd have guys lining up to prove themselves!

There's probably a number of ways this could be done. Here's a few I can think of:

1. As a random social experiment.
2. As a money making hustle (guys pay $10 to play, get $20 if they win)
3. As a marketing tactic to promote some BJJ gym, or self-defense class (could see this being set up at a fitness expo or convention)
4. As a Youtube video idea (could easily see this garnering a lot of views on the right channel)

Do you all think this could happen or does it seem too far fetched? Any ideas on how to make it better, as well as who we know that could make it happen?!

At our stag we had a mat set up.The contestants started out in her closed guard.Timer set at 30 sec to escape or get tapped out/restrained.
Old 25-Aug-20, 13:17
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some guest recorded it ,some of the attempts lol We set a timer at 30 seconds to either escape or tapout.She won them all ,some she on used closed guard (bodyscissor)
Then ask her if she doesnt' mind you uploading them on youtube
Old 25-Aug-20, 21:33
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
At our stag we had a mat set up.The contestants started out in her closed guard.Timer set at 30 sec to escape or get tapped out/restrained.
If you really do have video(s) of this, feel free to PM them to me and I would be happy to censor out any faces and whatever else you want if that would make your wife feel more comfortable sharing them. I can also list it as a private video, so only people here with the link can see it and not the rest of the world.
Old 26-Aug-20, 05:19
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
If you really do have video(s) of this, feel free to PM them to me and I would be happy to censor out any faces and whatever else you want if that would make your wife feel more comfortable sharing them. I can also list it as a private video, so only people here with the link can see it and not the rest of the world.
I think the wifes friend sent her one years ago.I wish I would have taken some.Shes super paranoid about vids in the net