Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who would win a submission grappling match?
Ffion Davies 46 71.88%
Cristiano Ronaldo 18 28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-Nov-20, 01:03
Points: 13,942, Level: 51 Points: 13,942, Level: 51 Points: 13,942, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,440 Times in 905 Posts
Default Cristiano ronaldo vs Ffion Davies in grappling match

I have seen this thread about an hypotetical match-up between Cristiano Ronaldo and a female session wrestler (Lucrecia Adira) where most people voted for Ronaldo:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I don't know that session wrestler at all so I can't have an opinion on that match, but it sparked my interest to open a thread with a similar concept to see what people think.

In your opinion who would win in a submission grappling match (no points or time limits, match end with a submission) between Ffion Davis and Cristiano Ronaldo?

She is one of the best and most skilled female BJJ competitor ever, while he is an amazing athlete at the top of soccer's food chain, which is extremely impressive since it's the most popular sport in the world so competition is incredibly high, but he has no grappling training (at least as far as we know).

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 17-Nov-20 at 04:30.
Old 17-Nov-20, 04:18
Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Cristiano ronaldo vs Ffion Davies in grappling match

He has about much chance of outgrappling her as she has beating him in soccer
Old 17-Nov-20, 21:45
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler11 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He has about much chance of outgrappling her as she has beating him in soccer
What about a real fight?
Old 18-Nov-20, 03:36
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What about a real fight?
Tough call.
If Ronaldo trains a bit he can take her. Athletic and can probably punch hard with some training.

Without training Fiona probably.
Depends on situation
Old 18-Nov-20, 03:46
Points: 9,571, Level: 42 Points: 9,571, Level: 42 Points: 9,571, Level: 42
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I'm not betting against her unless someone gives me good odds. Be an interesting match. I think she wins quickly before he can capitalize on his strength advantage. Longer it goes he would win.
Old 18-Nov-20, 03:59
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler11 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Tough call.
If Ronaldo trains a bit he can take her. Athletic and can probably punch hard with some training.

Without training Fiona probably.
Depends on situation
Can you elaborate more on that "depends on situation"?
Like what situations do you think would favor him or her?

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsxqaz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm not betting against her unless someone gives me good odds. Be an interesting match. I think she wins quickly before he can capitalize on his strength advantage. Longer it goes he would win.
It's the opposite actually, the longer the match go the more the BJJ trained person start to gain the advantage against a stronger and more athletic but unskilled opponent.
That's because the latter is going to tire out way faster since he put all of his strenght in all on his movements and try to muscle his way out through positions, which is insanely exhausting even if you are in amazing shape, while the former know how to pace himself and preserve his energy efficiently.

It may difficult to submit a very strong and athletic guy quickly since he may able to explode out of your techniques, but he can do it once, twice, three times etc...then he is going to be too tired to keep doing it while you are still quite fresh.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 18-Nov-20 at 03:59.
Old 18-Nov-20, 04:04
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Can you elaborate more on that "depends on situation"?
Like what situations do you think would favor him or her?

Added after 5 minutes:

It's the opposite actually, the longer the match go the more the BJJ trained person start to gain the advantage against a stronger and more athletic but unskilled opponent.
That's because the latter is going to tire out way faster since he put all of his strenght in all on his movements and try to muscle his way out through positions, which is insanely exhausting even if you are in amazing shape, while the former know how to pace himself and preserve his energy efficiently.
A heavier guy with superior upper body strength can push a smaller person away while chipping at him or her with punches and perhaps kicks.
However if that person gets close he or she can negate that advantage by grappling.

The more space the person who is striking has to move around the harder it is to take them down.
So on a soccer field with Ronaldo moving and avoiding clinching up with her she might never take him down.
But if she just wants to move away she can safely do so and if he closes close as well to grapple him.
It depends on who attacks and and who is moving away.

That a untrained person will tire out against a grappler only applies if they are grappling, not moving around.
The bigger person has the punching chance
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrestler11 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Nov-20, 04:06
Last Achievements

That's why it would be a fun match. So what's the over under on time it takes for either to win?
Old 18-Nov-20, 04:19
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsxqaz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's why it would be a fun match. So what's the over under on time it takes for either to win?
Ironically I think she would probably beat him quicker in a real fight than in a grappling match, despite him having more of a chance of winning in a real fight like Wrestler11 said.

That's because in a fight he has a puncher's chance, but at the same time if she manage to grab him trying to punch mindlessly would make him much more vulnerable to takedowns, submissions and back takes.

In pure grappling he would have no chance of winning, but he may able to stall out a bit more and make necessary to tire him out for a bit before submitting him.
Old 18-Nov-20, 04:25
Last Achievements

In a real fight assuming she knows where to hit him, including the groin, eyes, etc I'm going with her. Her skills are based on self defense at its core. I doubt his plan would be efficient against her until it was too late. More interesting to me would be a grappling match. Showcase her superior technique. But that's just me. My personal experience when I was bigger and stronger but unskilled was not respecting BJJ until it was too late and suffering quick loses. If he has never fought, technique at that level will win quickly is my bet for what its worth

Last edited by wsxqaz; 18-Nov-20 at 04:43.