Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Old 20-Sep-20, 07:18
Banned
Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Are girls getting stronger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No, I am not the one being confused. We make our initial hypothesis from the observations we make in the world. We can then test this hypothesis through an experiment which in turn can create theory and new hypothesises.

Our observations and assumptions are not worthless, but of course can be tested and turning out to be true or false.
Again, you are very confused.
A theory based on simple observations of the world is always weak.
Moreover you didnīt present any experiment to test your theory.
In your case you go from an observation to a theory. Then you donīt try to test your theory, but to confirm it by picking up any article which says nothing about your theory at all.

Observation: Some women outlift me at the gym
Conclusion: women are getting stronger.

or

Observation: Some women on Instagram lift heavy
Conclusion: women are getting stronger

or

Observation: I read in an article that more women do "strenght training"
Conclusion: women are getting stronger.

This is the best way to produce fake sciences.
Old 20-Sep-20, 10:09
Points: 6,754, Level: 35 Points: 6,754, Level: 35 Points: 6,754, Level: 35
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

[QUOTE=garcon55;443721]Again, you are very confused.

You make me feel like I'm up for exams.

I never claimed I had any scientific proof for my claims or that I was applying any scientific methods.
I never claimed I have a theory based on experimental evidence.

I'm just a regular person living my everyday life and making observations of the world and making hypothesis and assumptions on the basis of what I see.

I mean our observations are certainly not worthless, they contain a lot of important life experiences. The frequence of an occurence/ observation ("girls are lifting more heavy") doesn't make it necessairly true, but it certainly increases the probably of it being true. I mean if you go fishing in a lake and get mostly salmons, that increases the probability of there being a lot of salmons in the lake, at least if you repeatedly get a lof salmons over a long periode of time.
Old 20-Sep-20, 16:18
Banned
Last Achievements

[QUOTE=alfred123;443739]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Again, you are very confused.

You make me feel like I'm up for exams.

I never claimed I had any scientific proof for my claims or that I was applying any scientific methods.
I never claimed I have a theory based on experimental evidence.

I'm just a regular person living my everyday life and making observations of the world and making hypothesis and assumptions on the basis of what I see.

I mean our observations are certainly not worthless, they contain a lot of important life experiences. The frequence of an occurence/ observation ("girls are lifting more heavy") doesn't make it necessairly true, but it certainly increases the probably of it being true. I mean if you go fishing in a lake and get mostly salmons, that increases the probability of there being a lot of salmons in the lake, at least if you repeatedly get a lof salmons over a long periode of time.

i never said your observation was worthless.
I just said you canīt come to the conclusions you are claiming.

For example in my soccer club we have a training room with weights, that we use once or twice a week.

Every single male of the menīs team is lifting heavier than the strongest woman of the female team. This is an observation.

But coming to the conclusion that any man is stronger than any woman would be silly and wrong.
Old 20-Sep-20, 17:55
Last Achievements

[QUOTE=garcon55;443781]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

i never said your observation was worthless.
I just said you canīt come to the conclusions you are claiming

For example in my soccer club we have a training room with weights, that we use once or twice a week.

Every single male of the menīs team is lifting heavier than the strongest woman of the female team. This is an observation.

But coming to the conclusion that any man is stronger than any woman would be silly and wrong.

I am not giving any conclusions. I have never claimed that all women are stronger than all men or any of the sorts. I have only claimed that it seems to me that many more girls in Norway are lifting heavy now compared to 10-15 years ago ("heavy" in relative terms). I admit I don't have any hardcore scientific data to back it up, but I think my observations over time makes it seem at least a probable hypothesis compared to the alternative hypothesis (they don't life heavier).
Old 20-Sep-20, 18:19
Banned
Last Achievements

[QUOTE=alfred123;443796]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I am not giving any conclusions. I have never claimed that all women are stronger than all men or any of the sorts. I have only claimed that it seems to me that many more girls in Norway are lifting heavy now compared to 10-15 years ago ("heavy" in relative terms). I admit I don't have any hardcore scientific data to back it up, but I think my observations over time makes it seem at least a probable hypothesis compared to the alternative hypothesis (they don't life heavier).
i just said, if some women lift heavier, they are a marginal proportion of the population, because very few women lift "heavy".
You are discussing marginal statistics with general claims.
Old 20-Sep-20, 18:44
Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,824 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote:

I implore you to stop feeding the troll.

As I said before, it's obvious to anyone that goes to a gym, follows certain sports or even has an analytical eye on social trends, that women's participation has noticeably risen over the past couple of decades.

Some articles (some with data) that corroborate;

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
women now compose 35 percent of its current membership, up from just 19 percent in 2007
Quote:
Faye’s gym hosted a local competition last April and there were 22 women and eight men.

Quote:
About 110,000 people do Olympic weightlifting – as opposed to body-building or informal weight training – in Britain every week. More than a third are female and the gap with men is shrinking. Elsewhere, growth is more spectacular. Eleiko, the Swedish company that makes steel bars for the lifters, increased production by 100% from 2013 to 2014.
Quote:
Ashley Metcalfe, a former professional cricketer, has overseen a mini-boom in his two and a half years as chief executive of British Weightlifting. “Only four of 46 measured sports are showing an increase in participation, according to Sport England,” said Metcalfe. “We are one of them, and our fastest growth area is females.

Quote:
A survey of over 2,000 gym-goers people has shown a 62 per cent increase in the number of women working out over the last 12 months.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Sep-20, 20:03
Last Achievements

[QUOTE=garcon55;443804]
Quote:

i just said, if some women lift heavier, they are a marginal proportion of the population, because very few women lift "heavy".
You are discussing marginal statistics with general claims.
No, that is not what I am doing. But I think i'm done having this discussion now because it is becoming repetitive and people get tired listening to us and we are obviously not getting anywhere. But thx anyway.

Last edited by alfred123; 21-Sep-20 at 04:35.
Old 20-Sep-20, 20:18
Points: 2,270, Level: 19 Points: 2,270, Level: 19 Points: 2,270, Level: 19
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

In Denmark a lot of women also do weight training and crossfit. Some lift heavy some more cardio. In my crossfit club we sometimes do mass wrestling, and I lost to some strong women, but I could beat the most girls: So some girls are stronger than most men, but in general men are stronger.
In a handball club the u19 girls sometimes train with the u15 boys. If they play handball they are equal, but I seen them arm wrestle were the boys won most fights and leg wrestle (push the opponents knee together) and there the girls won most fights. So all together in strength 19 years girl handball players have about the same strength as 15 years boy handball player.
In the late summer at the beach in Saeby there were duels at two small platforms, one round with tug of war and one round with hitting with a pillow on a stick and get the opponent down from the platform, and if 1-1 then a submission fight in the sand. The winner in the women 56-65 kg also fought vs the winner of the men up to 65 kg and the woman won 2-1. The winner in the women 66-75 kg also fought the winner in the men 66-75 but lost 2-0. The winner in the women 76+ fought the winner in the men 76-85 kg and also lost 2-0.
Conclusion: No scientific, but women can sometimes be stronger.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennys For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Sep-20, 16:23
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennys [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
in denmark a lot of women also do weight training and crossfit. Some lift heavy some more cardio. In my crossfit club we sometimes do mass wrestling, and i lost to some strong women, but i could beat the most girls: So some girls are stronger than most men, but in general men are stronger.
In a handball club the u19 girls sometimes train with the u15 boys. If they play handball they are equal, but i seen them arm wrestle were the boys won most fights and leg wrestle (push the opponents knee together) and there the girls won most fights. So all together in strength 19 years girl handball players have about the same strength as 15 years boy handball player.
In the late summer at the beach in saeby there were duels at two small platforms, one round with tug of war and one round with hitting with a pillow on a stick and get the opponent down from the platform, and if 1-1 then a submission fight in the sand. The winner in the women 56-65 kg also fought vs the winner of the men up to 65 kg and the woman won 2-1. The winner in the women 66-75 kg also fought the winner in the men 66-75 but lost 2-0. The winner in the women 76+ fought the winner in the men 76-85 kg and also lost 2-0.
Conclusion: No scientific, but women can sometimes be stronger.

source?
U15 boys can usually handle the female first team and they are 14 years old, not 15.
Old 25-Sep-20, 18:21
Points: 2,270, Level: 19 Points: 2,270, Level: 19 Points: 2,270, Level: 19
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

The source is mine eyes and own experience.
And you are right about the age in handball. In the U19 league in Denmark the participants are about 18 years depending on the periode in the season (in beginning 16,6 years-18,5 years and in the end of season 17,5 years-19,4 years) and the U15 are about 14 years (12,6-14,5 years in beginning and 13,5-15,4 in end of season)