Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 19-Jul-20, 16:13
Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

Default In the news - Interesting news worth reading on M/F wrestling

If this has been posted recently, then sorry, but I didn't find any good place to put it, so here it is. If it needs to be moved, thanks, but it's worth everyone who enjoys women wrestling to read.

This is a blog / new entry analysis of the state of amateur wrestling for girls in high school. Interesting, when weight/size is accounted for, the ladies are doing very well indeed. Thought this group would find this informative and encouraging for all the fans of women wrestling.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrrassleswithgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jul-20, 22:04
Points: 10,048, Level: 43 Points: 10,048, Level: 43 Points: 10,048, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: In the news - Interesting news worth reading on M/F wrestling

Interesting article and thanks. There are several high school girls at my MMA gym who take catch wrestling to learn a few extra tricks for their competitive matches in middle or high school. Occasionally I do practice rolls with them but since I'm much bigger, it's hard to get an idea of their true strength and ability. They seem to do well against high school guys closer to their size. In school competitions, I think they mainly compete against other girls. This is Texas, which for some reason is far ahead of other states in women's wrestling at middle, high school and college level. At my gym about a quarter of the wrestling students are girls. BTW, I take catch and kick boxing for exercise and fun; I'm way too old to be an MMA fighter.

Last edited by mermao; 19-Jul-20 at 22:05. Reason: typo correction
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jul-20, 18:56
Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Interesting study. I think in the lower weight classes, females have an advantage. Since guys are typically taller, they usually have to be exceptionally small or physically immature to participate in some of the lower weight classes. Whereas a girl at 100 lbs may be fully grown and at her physical peak.

I’ve seen some of the high school matches on YouTube and a lot of the mixed matches look unfair because the guy is so scrawny compared to the girl.
Old 23-Jul-20, 19:02
Points: 5,342, Level: 31 Points: 5,342, Level: 31 Points: 5,342, Level: 31
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Not to be a hater, but the article looks totally fake.
Old 23-Jul-20, 19:12
Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatupbyagirl [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I questioned it too since it doesn’t really cite statistics and also didn’t specify if the wins were all from actual competition or if forfeits were included. From what I have seen, girls in the lower weight classes do pretty well so the overall stats seemed plausible, although misleading.
Old 23-Jul-20, 22:50
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatupbyagirl [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca12345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I questioned it too since it doesn’t really cite statistics and also didn’t specify if the wins were all from actual competition or if forfeits were included. From what I have seen, girls in the lower weight classes do pretty well so the overall stats seemed plausible, although misleading.
Old 23-Jul-20, 23:10
Banned
Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 7,764 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca12345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If you look at the blog's main theme, they like to create a universe/idea where women are far superior physically to men, even created a comic story 'Amazon Nation' about a country with only womans and ofc, ruled by females, that goes after men, neutralizes, dominates and arrest them. Probably to feed a fetish, by a man (and by the desire to be dominated by a woman, and create a world about this) or a girl (by the desire to dominate men, and create a universe about this).
I'm not a hater, but the article looks staged and exacerbated, to match the blog's main theme.
Of course, for those that wants to make their imagination work, can truly make to believe that is indeed real.
However, it's cool to point out that we have some famous wins for girls in high school wrestling, all of them being posted on this forum

Last edited by IgorWittmann; 24-Jul-20 at 18:35.
The Following User Says Thank You to IgorWittmann For This Useful Post: