Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 07-Nov-21, 12:48
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Rapture needs your help!

Hey fighters and fans, one and all! The beautiful Rapture has problems with a type of respiratory infection which is very serious and maybe life threatening. Here is a link to her GoFundMe for the treatment she needs.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

You'll see the names of several well known session fighters who have already contributed. I've been in touch with a couple of them and this situation is no joke. People, let's take care of our own!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Nov-21, 13:22
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Rapture needs your help!

I hope some of you guys are contributing to this. Rapture is one of our own. Most of you know who she is; a lot of you have perhaps purchased some of her videos. I heard from a reliable source that JT is going to contribute the funds from all ticket sales to her wrestling extravaganza to Rapture's GFM. This includes the Livestream, which is only $20. So if you can't go in person, buy the livestream. It's your chance to do a good deed and watch a good show at the same time.
Old 09-Nov-21, 13:32
Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,593 Times in 792 Posts

So unfortunate that Rapture does not reside in the UK where free superb treatment is available for most people and certainly all in the case of life threatening conditions. Her reported plight is just one reason that I am glad that I don't live in the USA where such treatments are only available to the rich. Hope she makes a recovery, by the way.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bonnie4444 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Nov-21, 13:45
Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,221 Times in 6,815 Posts

My sentiments entirely, but I'm not sure we should be expressing them.

I know it's a just a comment on different health system funding arrangements - and I in particular (having several disabilities) am so grateful to have lived my life over here. But bringing this up is bordering on 'Politics'.

I don't think we should risk antagonising our American friends - especially those who wish to support the lady - by blaming them (as a nation) for her predicament.
Old 09-Nov-21, 14:03
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

It's not politics. It is life. As we've seen before, Gofundme is basically the foundation of our healthcare system. The system doesn't work, but that's what making everything for profit gets you. Americans will either donate or not, they already know how the system works.

As a practical matter, if this is life or death, she might consider applying for a CareCredit card. Sure it's high interest, but it's zero interest if you're able to pay it off in a year or two years or something like that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Nov-21, 14:11
sunny123

Does she run her Twitter account or does she have a handler? Still posting videos etc
Old 09-Nov-21, 14:12
Points: 7,144, Level: 36 Points: 7,144, Level: 36 Points: 7,144, Level: 36
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,615 Times in 586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My sentiments entirely, but I'm not sure we should be expressing them.

I know it's a just a comment on different health system funding arrangements - and I in particular (having several disabilities) am so grateful to have lived my life over here. But bringing this up is bordering on 'Politics'.

I don't think we should risk antagonising our American friends - especially those who wish to support the lady - by blaming them (as a nation) for her predicament.
I’m American, and I absolutely agree that our healthcare system is atrocious. An incident I had where a barbell smacked me in the face and opened a gash that required stitches gave me a hospital bill of $4,000. Fortunately I had insurance so I “only” had to pay $200, but it’s still ridiculous that healthcare costs, from basic medicine to life-saving procedures, is so damn expensive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gatsby87 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Nov-21, 14:37
Points: 3,748, Level: 25 Points: 3,748, Level: 25 Points: 3,748, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie4444 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So unfortunate that Rapture does not reside in the UK where free superb treatment is available for most people and certainly all in the case of life threatening conditions. Her reported plight is just one reason that I am glad that I don't live in the USA where such treatments are only available to the rich. Hope she makes a recovery, by the way.
Mostly a lurker on this site but something about what you said irritated me enough to come out of the shadows. I have a friend living in Birmingham England with whom I correspond with daily about various things. Let me give you insights into your "free superb treatments" you might not have. About 7 weeks ago her husband contracted COVID. The free superb treatment system told him to stay home and recover. It took almost 3 weeks before someone would in fact come around and check him out and it was another week before he was well enough to get out of bed. He lost 4 stone during his ordeal and is just a "dried up husk" of what he had been. I was diagnosed with COVID last Thursday although I had symptoms dating back to last Monday. I got in contact with my doctor and in about 90 minutes after I finish typing this message I'm getting my monoclonal antibody treatment, the same treatment people like Donald Trump and Joe Rogan got, for free. My point is you shouldn't be so quick to act superior when you don't know the whole story.

Oh, and BTW my friend has had an issue with her right wrist for the past 2 1/2 months and will not be able to get into see her GP until at least the end of December. She just put in an application to change surgeries hoping to see someone sooner but so far no good. In the meantime that forearm and wrist are swollen and tender.
Old 09-Nov-21, 14:45
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Even the countries with socialized healthcare still have problems. If you want comparisons, Americans regularly refuse to call an ambulance in life-or-death situations because they can't afford the $3k to get to the hospital, forget about the treatment costs. Someone in Atlanta recently spent 7 hours waiting in an ER, got zero attention or treatment and left, and still received a $700 bill.

I wouldn't be surprised if this $22k turns into a surprise I-don't-even-want-to-guess-how-much-higher. They can basically charge whatever they want and screw the average person over.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Nov-21, 14:59
Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,593 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night9Hawk [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Mostly a lurker on this site but something about what you said irritated me enough to come out of the shadows. I have a friend living in Birmingham England with whom I correspond with daily about various things. Let me give you insights into your "free superb treatments" you might not have. About 7 weeks ago her husband contracted COVID. The free superb treatment system told him to stay home and recover. It took almost 3 weeks before someone would in fact come around and check him out and it was another week before he was well enough to get out of bed. He lost 4 stone during his ordeal and is just a "dried up husk" of what he had been. I was diagnosed with COVID last Thursday although I had symptoms dating back to last Monday. I got in contact with my doctor and in about 90 minutes after I finish typing this message I'm getting my monoclonal antibody treatment, the same treatment people like Donald Trump and Joe Rogan got, for free. My point is you shouldn't be so quick to act superior when you don't know the whole story.

Oh, and BTW my friend has had an issue with her right wrist for the past 2 1/2 months and will not be able to get into see her GP until at least the end of December. She just put in an application to change surgeries hoping to see someone sooner but so far no good. In the meantime that forearm and wrist are swollen and tender.
Oh c'mon ! You surely can't be saying the American system is better. Unless you are VERY rich or can afford decent Health Care Insurance, the American system is utter shite. By the way, I'm not acting superior, I'm just saying that the UK system is much better. Also, every system has been stretched, including the American one. Possibly America has been less so, because people are reluctant to risk being made bankrupt by the ridiculous medical bills
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonnie4444 For This Useful Post: