Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-Jun-20, 23:36
Points: 2,241, Level: 19 Points: 2,241, Level: 19 Points: 2,241, Level: 19
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: The future of mixed wrestling?

I find it weird in a time when there are so many muscular women around with the fitness craze, that here in the UK hardly any of the female wrestlers have the big legged, strong physique look.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy9012 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jun-20, 23:48
Points: 6,847, Level: 35 Points: 6,847, Level: 35 Points: 6,847, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I've got to think that the wide availability of free pictures and videos will have a negative effect on session wrestling
Old 30-Jun-20, 00:18
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsooner [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've got to think that the wide availability of free pictures and videos will have a negative effect on session wrestling
What sort of negative effect? How do you mean?

Meeting up for an in-person session is certainly a different experience than looking at pictures and videos. If someone wants to meet for an in-person physical experience, I can't see how free pictures and videos would dissuade him. And if someone is perfectly happy looking at pictures and videos, he might not feel the urge to pursue an in-person session at all. Right? That's how it seems to me anyway.

Can you elaborate on what you mean about how free pictures/videos would have a negative effect on session wrestling? (just curious)
The Following User Says Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 00:26
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy9012 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I find it weird in a time when there are so many muscular women around with the fitness craze, that here in the UK hardly any of the female wrestlers have the big legged, strong physique look.
Do you mean like Crossfit? As the fitness craze? Or are you thinking more along the lines of "traditional" bodybuilding? Or do you mean like rugby ladies?
Old 30-Jun-20, 00:26
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloNYC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What are your personal preferences?
I apologize in advance if what I'm about to say seems absurd or offensive to you, but since you asked I'll try to give you an accurate account of how things work for me.

I think the key area where I differ from most (but not all) on the forum, is that I don't particularly consider this to be my "fetish". The suggestion of a man losing to an attractive, feminine woman in humiliating and dramatic fashion is not something that I 'want' or 'desire' or react favorably to. For me, this is less of a fetish and more of a "worldview". Since I was young, I had very deeply held convictions that men were "supposed" to be better than women at physical things, and that belief was and is very central to my own masculine identity and the way I saw myself as a boy/man. Seeing that paradigm turned on its head produces in me feelings of fear, anxiety, shame, humiliation, and depending on the severity, can throw me into a quasi-masculinity crisis. How or why this distressed response ever became eroticized I can only speculate, but as a result, my relationship with female domination is very love/hate, mixed, contradictory, and ironic.

So what does all this mean in terms of what kind of content I like(/hate)? For me, the key word is realism. The more believable an instance of female dominance is, the more seriously I'm forced to take it, and therefore the more threatening, and ultimately arousing, it is for me.

So "sex wrestling" would make no sense in my case, nor does fem vs fem, maledom, silly outfits, unrealistic scenarios, or any form of fantasy really. My 'ideal' content would be attractive, feminine, strong, women dressed in sporty but not excessive attire who are legitimately wiping the floor with men. Not men in their underwear, not sickly or super tiny men, but regular, average men.

Perhaps something like the old Grapplinggirls, except with accurate video descriptions and women with more of a background in things like freestyle wrestling, Judo, and BJJ would be ideal. Because nothing like this exists, I'm forced to supplement most pictures/videos I see with some degree of imagination. Scissorhold videos can sometimes work, as long as I transport the man and woman into a completely different context that I have to generate in my mind to make it more believable.
The Following User Says Thank You to InTheFlesh86 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 00:37
Points: 5,082, Level: 30 Points: 5,082, Level: 30 Points: 5,082, Level: 30
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsooner [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I actually booked a long session once with one session wrestler after seeing pics of her from a video and then buying the actual video.
The Following User Says Thank You to WStreet316 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 00:40
Producer
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I apologize in advance if what I'm about to say seems absurd or offensive to you, but since you asked I'll try to give you an accurate account of how things work for me.

I think the key area where I differ from most (but not all) on the forum, is that I don't particularly consider this to be my "fetish". The suggestion of a man losing to an attractive, feminine woman in humiliating and dramatic fashion is not something that I 'want' or 'desire' or react favorably to. For me, this is less of a fetish and more of a "worldview". Since I was young, I had very deeply held convictions that men were "supposed" to be better than women at physical things, and that belief was and is very central to my own masculine identity and the way I saw myself as a boy/man. Seeing that paradigm turned on its head produces in me feelings of fear, anxiety, shame, humiliation, and depending on the severity, can throw me into a quasi-masculinity crisis. How or why this distressed response ever became eroticized I can only speculate, but as a result, my relationship with female domination is very love/hate, mixed, contradictory, and ironic.

So what does all this mean in terms of what kind of content I like(/hate)? For me, the key word is realism. The more believable an instance of female dominance is, the more seriously I'm forced to take it, and therefore the more threatening, and ultimately arousing, it is for me.

So "sex wrestling" would make no sense in my case, nor does fem vs fem, maledom, silly outfits, unrealistic scenarios, or any form of fantasy really. My 'ideal' content would be attractive, feminine, strong, women dressed in sporty but not excessive attire who are legitimately wiping the floor with men. Not men in their underwear, not sickly or super tiny men, but regular, average men.

Perhaps something like the old Grapplinggirls, except with accurate video descriptions and women with more of a background in things like freestyle wrestling, Judo, and BJJ would be ideal. Because nothing like this exists, I'm forced to supplement most pictures/videos I see with some degree of imagination. Scissorhold videos can sometimes work, as long as I transport the man and woman into a completely different context that I have to generate in my mind to make it more believable.
Great to share! And definitely great for adding context to this thread discussion.

This also seems like a pretty common outlook and way of feeling here in the mixed wrestling community. I have heard *quite* a number of guys say the same or similar. You are not alone! (Possibly other forum members will chime in if they share your feelings?)

So, you think the mixed wrestling video industry is in decline because there aren't enough depictions of daily-life realistic situations of women defeating men in physical contests?

Like, say, a totally candid meet up of a sporty fitness lady who studies judo and is wearing a sports bra and bike shorts, and a sporty "average" guy wearing bike shorts. And they have a totally candid wrestling match (no ceremony, no pre-amble), and she smashes him?

That sort of video?
The Following User Says Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Jun-20, 01:03
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloNYC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Like, say, a totally candid meet up of a sporty fitness lady who studies judo and is wearing a sports bra and bike shorts, and a sporty "average" guy wearing bike shorts. And they have a totally candid wrestling match (no ceremony, no pre-amble), and she smashes him?

That sort of video?
Oh yeah, that would be devastating. No fakery, no posing and flexing, no shenanigans. No need to make it more overtly sexual than it already is. Especially if you could get some guys in there who were "skeptics", or who say stupid things beforehand like, "Ooh I'd love to be in her triangle har har har" and then seeing how their attitude/demeanor changes after an attractive girl half their size totally rocks their world would be both terrifying and exciting to people like me.

Since that ordinarily isn't the case, I have to watch fake mixed wrestling videos and 'wait' until she gets him in a hold that I genuinely believe he wouldn't be able to get out of. Then I 'transport' that image into a different mental context and give myself a different backstory as to how it came to be.

Thanks for taking an interest! I have a long list of all kinds of things I'd love to see, but have always assumed were not realistic expectations due to lack of demand.
Old 30-Jun-20, 01:52
Producer
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Since that ordinarily isn't the case, I have to watch fake mixed wrestling videos and 'wait' until she gets him in a hold that I genuinely believe he wouldn't be able to get out of. Then I 'transport' that image into a different mental context and give myself a different backstory as to how it came to be.
You haven't come across any relatively recent mixed wrestling videos that seem real to you?

There definitely are real competitive mixed wrestling videos out there where the martial arts -trained lady (dressed in casual sporty attire) defeats a average guy who is genuinely trying to win the match. They are absolutely definitely out there (I'll attest, I've filmed a few).

... or do you mean there aren't *enough* of them out there?

Quote:
Thanks for taking an interest! I have a long list of all kinds of things I'd love to see, but have always assumed were not realistic expectations due to lack of demand.
What else do you think may be unrealistic due to lack of demand?

Also, when it comes to general (competitive) mixed wrestling video production, issues can arrives not necessarily from lack of demand, but lack of supply. How many times can viewers see the same guy try over and over again? How many matches can he appear in? How many average guys are available to try their luck on video? How many are willing to show their face on video.... or to even come over and be in a video at all?

A lot of difficulty with competitive mixed wrestling video production, like the sort you're interested in, if finding new guys to try wrestling on video.

That may or may not be related to what you are thinking of , Re: Lack of demand?, but it's a technical toughy for video production.
Old 30-Jun-20, 02:13
Points: 5,954, Level: 32 Points: 5,954, Level: 32 Points: 5,954, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
You haven't come across any relatively recent mixed wrestling videos that seem real to you?

There definitely are real competitive mixed wrestling videos out there where the martial arts -trained lady (dressed in casual sporty attire) defeats a average guy who is genuinely trying to win the match. They are absolutely definitely out there (I'll attest, I've filmed a few).

... or do you mean there aren't *enough* of them out there?

What else do you think may be unrealistic due to lack of demand?

Also, when it comes to general (competitive) mixed wrestling video production, issues can arrives not necessarily from lack of demand, but lack of supply. How many times can viewers see the same guy try over and over again? How many matches can he appear in? How many average guys are available to try their luck on video? How many are willing to show their face on video.... or to even come over and be in a video at all?

A lot of difficulty with competitive mixed wrestling video production, like the sort you're interested in, if finding new guys to try wrestling on video.

That may or may not be related to what you are thinking of , Re: Lack of demand?, but it's a technical toughy for video production.
That's very interesting. So you're saying there are a lot of guys that do competitive but they are far less likely to agreed to be filmed than the submissive types? That does make a lot of sense.

Have you witnessed back and forth competitive matches though? It still usually seems like the woman wins easily because the guy is completely out of shape and/or has nowhere near the same amount of training.

I would love to see more matches where it's actually competitive, close and hard to predict who will win. Those are the best matches imo. How many have you seen like this that were super close and/or the guy actually won at the end but had to work for it? Ideally without a humongous size difference.