Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 29-Oct-20, 07:01
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

There are clearly irreconcilable differences between the two camps.

Camp A seem to be:
  • suggesting that a price reduction of X% may lead to an increase in business of Y%, where Y% > X%.
Camp B seem to be:
  • pointing out that Camp A's claim is untested.
  • pointing out that there is more to life than income.
  • providing reasons as to why the hourly rate should be high relative to other industries.

Unless session wrestlers adopt the suggestion of camp A, which they are free to try, we are very unlikely to come to an agreement as to which camp is (more) right. We seem to be going around in circles and even attacking each other personally now.

(I haven't mentioned the 'cartel of clients' idea because that is definitely not happening.)

I wouldn't usually suggest that a thread be closed (because if people are happy to post, let them) but I can certainly see why it has been suggested for this thread.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Oct-20, 13:17
Banned
Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35 Points: 6,746, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by London_Wrestler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Loads more cheapskates would come out of the woodwork .

Again we see the insult of a white knight to call the the non-rich people who cant pay every fee = cheapskates. Shame on you!

And to all guys who say that the fees since the 2000ies increased less than the
inflation rate. Learn economics!

The number of girls who offer mixed-wrestling since than multiplied, while the number of male customers surely increased much less, so its logical that the fees could not increase too much. Thats simple economical logic, which everybody should have learned in a decent school!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Oct-20, 13:32
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts

The best sessions I had were $150 per hour and I got some VERY FAMOUS wrestlers offering me to get the session for free since they enjoyed it so much.

About $200 per hour, I feel like it's just not worth it.
Abouve $300, it kills my appetite, making me feel like I am the pigeon on the plate.

I had a private session with Royce Gracie, the word champion in BJJ: He asked me for $100. I agree, the pleasure and erotism were not the same (lol) but I am sure any BJJ or judo champion girl would agree on having a 1 hour randori with you for $150.

To everybody their choice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funwrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Oct-20, 13:35
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.johnson21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
We are under no obligation to be sympathetic and they have never asked us to be. So why are you? Do you really think they have sympathy for your financial problems or any of ours? Because they don't. Maybe this is unfathomable to you, but they're not in this line of work because they want to make friends with strange men with weird fetishes on the internet (i.e. us). They would never give you their time if you weren't paying for it. I'm sorry, but regardless of how intimate they may get with you in a session, you're still a guy they know virtually nothing about who they are either meeting for the first time or have met a handful of times... but always for money. Any impression they give you of genuine mutual interest is so that you'll book another session and give them more business. They "like" you because you'll pay them. Unless you're personally into financial domination, I don't get why their financial situation is something you would in any way care about when they clearly don't care about yours. Their financial problems are none of your business. And if they actually try to make it important to someone they barely know, again, it's because they want you to give them more money.
Old 29-Oct-20, 14:28
Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21 Points: 2,776, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Reading this thread, lol. Relax guys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnhwasser For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Oct-20, 14:57
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There are clearly irreconcilable differences between the two camps.

Camp A seem to be:
  • suggesting that a price reduction of X% may lead to an increase in business of Y%, where Y% > X%.
Camp B seem to be:
  • pointing out that Camp A's claim is untested.
  • pointing out that there is more to life than income.
  • providing reasons as to why the hourly rate should be high relative to other industries.
I think we can expand this a little:

Camp A seems to think:
-- All session prices are perfectly reasonable; if you can't afford it, don't session, or work harder so you can
-- Sessions are an exclusive luxury that only few should be able to afford
-- Most session wrestlers aren't getting enough sessions
-- Most session wrestlers don't want to work that much
-- Most session wrestlers don't want new clients, just repeat clients
-- Despite this, we should all have sympathy for session wrestlers and their financial problems (... haha...)
-- Lowering session rates won't result in more clients, and even if it did, they'd end up making less overall
-- Anybody who thinks the rates are too high is a misogynist cheapskate and a time waster

Camp B seems to think:
-- Camp A's willingness to continually pay whatever high price session girls charge is what's making session rates rise to the point of being unreasonable
-- Sessions should be affordable for more than just those who are very rich
-- If most session girls aren't getting enough sessions, it's probably because they're charging too much
-- Most session girls would rather be working far more than they currently are because (as Camp A argues) they are not making enough
-- Most session girls do not have enough repeat clients to satisfy their desired income. If they did, they wouldn't take new clients.
-- It's silly to sympathize with session wrestlers' financial problems because @ $400+/hr and a refusal to negotiate, they're clearly not sympathizing with their clients'
-- Lowering session prices would result in far more clients and therefore more than enough extra income as to be worth it
-- It is not cheap or misogynist to find $400+/hr overpriced
-- Camp A's accusation that Camp B behaves badly towards session wrestlers and wastes their time is a false assumption unsubstantiated by any evidence
-- Camp A consists mostly of white knights defending the financial security of women they barely know who care nothing for them

Last edited by mark.johnson21; 29-Oct-20 at 15:31.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mark.johnson21 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Oct-20, 15:09
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.johnson21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think we can expand this a little:

Camp A seems to think:
-- All session prices are perfectly reasonable
-- Sessions are a luxury that only few should afford
-- Anybody who thinks the rates are too high is a misogynist cheapskate
-- Anybody who thinks the rates are too high must be the time wasters session wrestlers complain about
-- We should all sympathize with the session wrestlers' financial problems... even though sessions are a luxury only few should afford
-- Camp B are a bunch of whiners because they have smaller wallets than Camp A
-- Accusing Camp B of being awful somehow makes Camp A look morally superior
Unfortunately right
The Following User Says Thank You to Fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Oct-20, 15:31
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Ignoring that you flipped A and B, your camp B thinks anyone should be entitled to a session, and keeps saying you shouldn't care about their financial problems because they don't care about yours. It's fairly obvious how you feel about these women (or anyone charging what you consider to be untenable hourly rates, as if hourly is somehow the important income metric). You're right that they aren't concerned about my financial problems, but it's okay to be human and sympathize with what others are going through. Not just session wrestlers. I also sympathize with nurses working long hours without PPE, uber drivers trading equity in their car for rent money, and teachers working hard while getting no respect. Wrestlers may not be concerned with my finances, but they're usually decent human beings. Nothing like 2020 to learn how little some people care about anyone else...

I do think a lot of the gofundme's we've seen are pretty lame, but when world events happen that basically mean they can't work all year, I'll feel some sympathy, just like when workers at music venues are out of work for a couple years, I will feel some sympathy.

And none of this matters. If $400 is too much, don't do the session. Don't ruin your finances for a session. There are other guys who will pay that much, or they will pivot to other work, or they will lower their prices. It's really that simple.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Oct-20, 15:52
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ignoring that you flipped A and B, your camp B thinks anyone should be entitled to a session, and keeps saying you shouldn't care about their financial problems because they don't care about yours. It's fairly obvious how you feel about these women (or anyone charging what you consider to be untenable hourly rates, as if hourly is somehow the important income metric). You're right that they aren't concerned about my financial problems, but it's okay to be human and sympathize what others are going through. Not just session wrestlers. I also sympathize with nurses working long hours without PPE, uber drivers trading equity in their car for rent money, and teachers working hard while getting no respect. Wrestlers may not be concerned with my finances, but they're usually decent human beings. Nothing like 2020 to learn how little some people care about anyone else...

I do think a lot of the gofundme's we've seen are pretty lame, but when world events happen that basically mean they can't work all year, I'll feel some sympathy, just like when workers at music venues are out of work for a couple years, I will feel some sympathy.

And none of this matters. If $400 is too much, don't do the session. Don't ruin your finances for a session. There are other guys who will pay that much, or they will pivot to other work, or they will lower their prices. It's really that simple.
Do I think everybody should be entitled to a session? No. I just don't think it's something that only rich people should have access to. Thinking it should only be for the rich implies an elitist disdain for anyone who isn't upper class. Which means that the session experience itself has little to do with how the session actually goes and mostly to do with feeling superior to the people who can't afford it.

You say that it's okay to be human and sympathetic to what others are going through, yet you are so adamantly being completely unsympathetic to those of us who find session rates unreasonably high and clearly aren't as financially well off as you. We're humans, too. We have desires very similar to yours. But rather than finding any kinship with that, you and the others in your camp have instead labeled us misogynist cheapskate time wasters out to cheat and take advantage of women.

In no way whatsoever do you or anyone in your camp stand to lose anything at all if session rates go down. If anything, you would also get to save money. Why this is being met with such adamant hostility is truly baffling.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark.johnson21 For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Oct-20, 16:01
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Do I think everybody should be entitled to a session? No. I just don't think it's something that only rich people should have access to.

Quote:
You say that it's okay to be human and sympathetic to what others are going through, yet you are so adamantly being completely unsympathetic to those of us who find session rates unreasonably high
I am sympathetic to the plights of the guys in this community too, whatever problems they're facing. I would give similar responses if the struggling session girl felt entitled to a $50k car.
The Following User Says Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread