Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Jan-22, 10:49
Points: 1,714, Level: 16 Points: 1,714, Level: 16 Points: 1,714, Level: 16
Activity: 22.0% Activity: 22.0% Activity: 22.0%

Default New holds in a session how to bring them up?

Hello dear fellow session enthusiasts,

My next session is about to happen and I'm super looking forward to it. But there always were some hold I wanted to be put in and I would love to experience them in my next session.

My question is how would you go about bringing them up? I thought I may send her a list of holds so she could take a look before the session. In the session I thought at the beginning we could go over the holds she doesn't know and try them. After that the real session can start and she could incorporate the new holds.

I don't want my whole session to be scripted so I thought this way might be ok. What so you guys think? How you handle this if you want to be put in some new or certain moves the sessionette might not now?

I would never grateful to read your opinion or experience on this.

Thanks in advance

Koaddicted
Old 23-Jan-22, 21:07
Points: 5,910, Level: 32 Points: 5,910, Level: 32 Points: 5,910, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: New holds in a session how to bring them up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOaddicted [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hello dear fellow session enthusiasts,

My next session is about to happen and I'm super looking forward to it. But there always were some hold I wanted to be put in and I would love to experience them in my next session.

My question is how would you go about bringing them up? I thought I may send her a list of holds so she could take a look before the session. In the session I thought at the beginning we could go over the holds she doesn't know and try them. After that the real session can start and she could incorporate the new holds.

I don't want my whole session to be scripted so I thought this way might be ok. What so you guys think? How you handle this if you want to be put in some new or certain moves the sessionette might not now?

I would never grateful to read your opinion or experience on this.

Thanks in advance

Koaddicted

I've always mentioned my preferred holds in an email before booking the session along with an attached photo or two of each hold to see if they are willing to use these holds on me. Some holds are well known and fairly easy and some might be a little complex that we might have to practice during the session to get it right. You have to let her know what you want up front. Same old line that communication is key and a picture is worth a thousand words. If she is willing to apply or attempt to apply your list of holds and seems enthusiastic in her email response then it has always been a done deal for me and normally a fun session.
Old 26-Jan-22, 15:53
Points: 1,714, Level: 16 Points: 1,714, Level: 16 Points: 1,714, Level: 16
Activity: 22.0% Activity: 22.0% Activity: 22.0%

Thank you. I think I will do it as you said. Sounds really good. Also like you said from her reaction I probably will have a better feeling.

Regards
Old 31-Jan-22, 23:48
Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

If the holds you are looking for are well known or the girl is highly skilled, it would be easy to discuss them at the beginning of the match. I usually list my favorite and least favorite holds but invite them to do whatever they need to do to win. In my experience women have been great at following that without having to script anything.

If you like something more complex, it might take a little more cooperation, especially if you’re evenly matched or have a size advantage. But if you talk it it out and it’s within their capabilities, I think a lot of women would be good at accommodating this.
Old 01-Feb-22, 00:03
Points: 9,166, Level: 41 Points: 9,166, Level: 41 Points: 9,166, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

No offense but I think we tend to make things a lot more complicated than they need be. It seems like you have a solid grasp of things because you say that you dont want the entire thing scripted. I think a lot of men can make their sessions not as fun or easy to get wrong when they want a ton of specific holds done a particular way to scratch their feitish itch.

However, you seem to have a decent list of holds you would want applied. There is nothing wrong with emailing her a list of holds you like or are interested in and seeing her response. However, I think this is only needed if you want a difficult hold like a ceiling hold done. It can give the girl some time to look into it or practice it if she knows about it.

Before the session I also like to talk about certain holds. I told Dez Desire that I enjoy her creative hold and locks and that I dont enjoy arms bars or flexibility holds like boston crab or camel clutch. One of the first holds she got me in was a spaddle type hold which was very creative and immobilizing.

Finally at one point I asked if she knew how to do an ankle choke. She did not but I was able t show her what I meant. She played with the technique for a few seconds and before I tapped she said that was too easy and that she would do it in our next fall. Less than two minutes later I'm tapping to a well applied ankle choke.

I write all this to say that getting what you want is as easy as over communicating what it is. My sessions these days involve a decent amount of communicating to which everyone has loved it and said that it helps so much. It is typially a long email that can be read in 3 to 5 minutes or less, talking for about 5-10 minutes pre session, and little tips and asks as the session goes.

All of this I would have thought was overkill 3 years ago but now is my staple