Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Sep-20, 08:51
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts
Default How did sessions change you?

What are people's experiences regarding how sessioning has changed or challenged various views they once held? Could be anything, but I'm wondering in particular about how your views on women, men, male identity, mixed wrestling, women's strength/ability etc were impacted by one or more sessions that you had. I'd be especially curious to hear from those who went into sessioning with a fair amount of skepticism about mixed wrestling beforehand.
Old 09-Sep-20, 15:24
Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: How did sessions change you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What are people's experiences regarding how sessioning has changed or challenged various views they once held? Could be anything, but I'm wondering in particular about how your views on women, men, male identity, mixed wrestling, women's strength/ability etc were impacted by one or more sessions that you had. I'd be especially curious to hear from those who went into sessioning with a fair amount of skepticism about mixed wrestling beforehand.
Perceptions on women in regards to mixed wrestling in general:
Before sessions: They only win in staged events, in movies, and when the man lets them win. I assumed their strength would be lacking and ineffective against me. I didn't think their skill would be all that great.

After sessions: Women who are skilled are difficult opponents because their body causes them to use different techniques than a man. When wrestling a man the emphasis is on the upper body so defense techniques focus on that. When wrestling a highly skilled woman you may not be prepared to counter techniques which are mostly from the legs.

On wrestling shorter women:
Before sessions: I thought they would be too weak to pose much of a challenge. My first 3 sessions were against taller women. The shortest of which was 6 inches taller than me. I didn't want to wrestle shorter women because I didn't want to win easily.

After sessions: The first time I wrestled a woman who was shorter than me was not planned. The wrestler I booked was no longer available so the leader offered to replace her. She was one inch shorter than me, but someone I knew about. When the match started it was clear that she had the upper hand. I was on the defense for 2 minutes and was losing ground. Not only was she an inch shorter than me, but was about 30lbs lighter. I couldn't believe it. She was so quick and strong. Eventually I got caught in a headlock. After about 20 seconds of struggle she put pressure and I was forced to tap. Despite being a former high school wrestler I was only able to last 2 minutes before I lost. We gave it another go and this time I only lasted 30 seconds or so. The next time I wrestled a woman who was 3 inches shorter than me and she beat me even worse. So what I learned is a shorter, athletic, and strong woman is very difficult because they are quick, compact, and flexible.

Against taller women...
Before sessions: I thought they'd be slow, lumbering, and weak (just because they are female).

After sessions: Tall women who lack skill are indeed slow, lumbering, and weak. But...taller women who have skill are very difficult opponents. From a standing position their legs and hips give them great leverage so it is not easy to move them. Their hips are in your mid torso area well above your own hips, so they are not going anywhere. From that position they can easily get you in a head lock and use their weight to force you down. On the mat they are difficult to control because their long reach and long legs can wrap you up before you get anywhere near close enough to wrap them up. Women who are this skilled are also strong. Very strong. Against the good shorter women i was able to win a fall here and there and eventually won against the first woman I wrestled after repeated sessions. However, I wrestled a woman who is 8 inches taller than me 3 times and never won even one fall.

Psychologic perceptions:

Before sessions: Women are generally weaker than men and can be physically overwhelmed easily so they need protection

After sessions: When I see a woman who is fit I think, that woman can probably kick my ass. If she is fit and 6ft or taller she could definitely kick my ass even if I try my best.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wrestler123 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Sep-20, 15:40
Points: 2,401, Level: 20 Points: 2,401, Level: 20 Points: 2,401, Level: 20
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Perceptions on women in regards to mixed wrestling in general:
Before sessions: They only win in staged events, in movies, and when the man lets them win. I assumed their strength would be lacking and ineffective against me. I didn't think their skill would be all that great.

After sessions: Women who are skilled are difficult opponents because their body causes them to use different techniques than a man. When wrestling a man the emphasis is on the upper body so defense techniques focus on that. When wrestling a highly skilled woman you may not be prepared to counter techniques which are mostly from the legs.

On wrestling shorter women:
Before sessions: I thought they would be too weak to pose much of a challenge. My first 3 sessions were against taller women. The shortest of which was 6 inches taller than me. I didn't want to wrestle shorter women because I didn't want to win easily.

After sessions: The first time I wrestled a woman who was shorter than me was not planned. The wrestler I booked was no longer available so the leader offered to replace her. She was one inch shorter than me, but someone I knew about. When the match started it was clear that she had the upper hand. I was on the defense for 2 minutes and was losing ground. Not only was she an inch shorter than me, but was about 30lbs lighter. I couldn't believe it. She was so quick and strong. Eventually I got caught in a headlock. After about 20 seconds of struggle she put pressure and I was forced to tap. Despite being a former high school wrestler I was only able to last 2 minutes before I lost. We gave it another go and this time I only lasted 30 seconds or so. The next time I wrestled a woman who was 3 inches shorter than me and she beat me even worse. So what I learned is a shorter, athletic, and strong woman is very difficult because they are quick, compact, and flexible.

Against taller women...
Before sessions: I thought they'd be slow, lumbering, and weak (just because they are female).

After sessions: Tall women who lack skill are indeed slow, lumbering, and weak. But...taller women who have skill are very difficult opponents. From a standing position their legs and hips give them great leverage so it is not easy to move them. Their hips are in your mid torso area well above your own hips, so they are not going anywhere. From that position they can easily get you in a head lock and use their weight to force you down. On the mat they are difficult to control because their long reach and long legs can wrap you up before you get anywhere near close enough to wrap them up. Women who are this skilled are also strong. Very strong. Against the good shorter women i was able to win a fall here and there and eventually won against the first woman I wrestled after repeated sessions. However, I wrestled a woman who is 8 inches taller than me 3 times and never won even one fall.

Psychologic perceptions:

Before sessions: Women are generally weaker than men and can be physically overwhelmed easily so they need protection

After sessions: When I see a woman who is fit I think, that woman can probably kick my ass. If she is fit and 6ft or taller she could definitely kick my ass even if I try my best.

Super interesting comments.
I wonder how much your weight height and how old you are

Is excellent those comments

I'm just 21 years old I wrestled buth with some friends

Never with a real wrestler

I'm 175 cm 77 kilos
Old 09-Sep-20, 15:42
Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30 Points: 5,081, Level: 30
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franmixedwrestling [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Super interesting comments.
I wonder how much your weight height and how old you are

Is excellent those comments

I'm just 21 years old I wrestled buth with some friends

Never with a real wrestler

I'm 175 cm 77 kilos
I sessioned between the ages of 21 and 32. During those times I was 65-72kgs, and 164cm.
Old 09-Sep-20, 15:59
Points: 156, Level: 3 Points: 156, Level: 3 Points: 156, Level: 3
Activity: 32.2% Activity: 32.2% Activity: 32.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I sessioned between the ages of 21 and 32. During those times I was 65-72kgs, and 164cm.
I've wrestled tall fit women and beaten them. granted they were untrained, but they were physically fit and athletes.

however, i am physically fit (enough to bench my bodyweight of 73kg) and do one arm pullups. Im 6 foot 2. I've wrestled two women who were 6"3 and beaten them.

never wrestled a trained woman. I'd probably lose to a trained one, but never lost to an untrained one evey time I've went at it.

Ive wrestled crossfit chicks, softball, soccer players etc. never had issues beating them. but as I said, they weren't trained.
Old 09-Sep-20, 16:05
Last Achievements

Quote:
Oooh ok
Old 09-Sep-20, 16:08
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Despite being a life-long fan of this all, I had misconceptions about female strength, athleticism and what women are capable of in wrestling. I was thoroughly crushed and dominated in the first 3 sessions I had, all of them competitive matches, and had to come to terms with a new fact, that I'm physically and athletically inferior to a lot of women, especially in our scene. It was a blessing eventually.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Sep-20, 16:13
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheFlesh86 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Intheflesh86
I agree and disagree with you

Because I always have like battle inside me
Like 50% say girl trained like Kim ly from fighting dolls or bianca can beat me
But my other 50% say no your men so naturally your stronger

But the only way for know is make a session and see how is stronger
I agree and disagree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Despite being a life-long fan of this all, I had misconceptions about female strength, athleticism and what women are capable of in wrestling. I was thoroughly crushed and dominated in the first 3 sessions I had, all of them competitive matches, and had to come to terms with a new fact, that I'm physically and athletically inferior to a lot of women, especially in our scene. It was a blessing eventually.
Zweig but was your height and weight and how old vs the three first session girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scientologyisbullshit [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've wrestled tall fit women and beaten them. granted they were untrained, but they were physically fit and athletes.

however, i am physically fit (enough to bench my bodyweight of 73kg) and do one arm pullups. Im 6 foot 2. I've wrestled two women who were 6"3 and beaten them.

never wrestled a trained woman. I'd probably lose to a trained one, but never lost to an untrained one evey time I've went at it.

Ive wrestled crossfit chicks, softball, soccer players etc. never had issues beating them. but as I said, they weren't trained.
That why always have the battle inside me
Example sheena would beat me because she a expert im don't gonna discuss for that

But girl like Kim ly,bianca,zoe I think can't beat me because naturally I'm stronger

Example kim ly in weightlifting video I think she do with 50 kilos in smith machine squat 8 times

I can do 100 kilos without smith machine like 8 times that means I double strength than her legs

And kim and me have kinda the same height and weight too
Old 09-Sep-20, 16:14
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franmixedwrestling [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Zweig but was your height and weight and how old vs the three first session girls?
28 yo, 180 cm, 75 kg back then, before I became a human pufferfish.
Old 09-Sep-20, 16:24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
28 yo, 180 cm, 75 kg back then, before I became a human pufferfish.
Wow that sound like a good physique
Incredible the girls can beat you that easily
But you was in sports or go to the gym?
Sorry fo all the questions
But I like that thread