Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 08-Mar-20, 12:24
Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Is the coronavirus outbreak affecting session wrestling?

Who knows? No one is the answer, it’s a moving target & very psychological. Travel plans likely to be negatively affected

Quote:
Originally Posted by squozen [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Far less than the normal flu.
Difference with the ‘normal flu’ is that most of us have a resistance against it. No one has a resistance against this one and it’s very infectious. Agreed death rates at around 3% aren’t that scary, but bearing in mind the above the total number of infections and therefore deaths could be super high. I’m not that bothered about getting it but it is/will have a massive global meeting/travel/economic affect...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Mar-20, 18:41
Producer
Points: 8,796, Level: 40 Points: 8,796, Level: 40 Points: 8,796, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

As I have some older family members I deeply care about, I have been following developments in the past weeks closely. I read or watch interviews and articles from the top epidemiologists, virologists, NOT politicians.

A lot of our session fans are older. I will not hold it against anyone if they decide to cancel their planned visit. In fact, we may even postpone (some or all, TBD) sessions in the following months, as things are about to get a lot worse in EU and US. The exponential growth of new cases seen in multiple EU countries and US is quite concerning if not outright catastrophic, imo. My heart goes out to our Italian fans. Stay strong! France, Spain, Germany, and others seem to be headed the same course. We might follow as well.

For us, when I speak with our girls, we’ll have to judge each session request based on one’s country of origin and other things, right now. I read on social media some session girls doubting to accommodate Asian fans. Frankly, I’d rather see a fan from Taiwan, Singapore or Hongkong right now than ones from our more typical countries who are not taking the radical measures as seen in those Asian countries. Last week, we had fans from Germany, France, UK, and Croatia. All girls agreed to session with all.. but this might change if things keep escalating rapidly as they are.

Expect quarantines and travel restrictions to also increase; so even without concern for your own health, you should think twice about planning your sessions. That also goes for travelling session girls, not just the sessions fans coming over. Sessioning will become more risky business this year. At very least, get one of those contactless infrared thermometers, and do not step on the mats with a person who has a fever. Session girls travelling all over the continent should get tested (even when asymptomatic, imo). Ask yourself.. Do you wanna be responsible for spreading it all over? Some people can die as a result. Testing availability currently varies greatly with each country, however (here’s it’s about 50 Euros at a private clinic at your own request; only free at the national labs if you have the right symptoms and other factors).

I’m adjusting some of my daily life and routine already to at least lower my exposure (no panic though, calmly), even though, ultimately, majority of EU/US population are bound to get this virus anyway, imo, sooner or later. To not overwhelm hospitals, though, as it happened in Wuhan, as it happens now in Italy, and as it will happen in more countries, we should all work together to hopefully slow down the epidemic curve. Time will tell, but watching the movies should be your priority over wrestling sessions for this year. My 2¢
Old 11-Mar-20, 19:18
Points: 2,245, Level: 19 Points: 2,245, Level: 19 Points: 2,245, Level: 19
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Who knows? No one is the answer, it’s a moving target & very psychological. Travel plans likely to be negatively affected

Difference with the ‘normal flu’ is that most of us have a resistance against it. No one has a resistance against this one and it’s very infectious. Agreed death rates at around 3% aren’t that scary, but bearing in mind the above the total number of infections and therefore deaths could be super high. I’m not that bothered about getting it but it is/will have a massive global meeting/travel/economic affect...
Nobody partaking is sessions should be really worried about the Coronavirus. The reason the Coronavirus kills sometimes is because of respiratory problems. If you're not Really old, super fat or have bad Asthma you should recover from the virus. Needless to say you shouldn't be sessioning if you have these problems already
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notsure4321 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Mar-20, 01:59
Points: 7,779, Level: 37 Points: 7,779, Level: 37 Points: 7,779, Level: 37
Last Achievements

Trips from Europe to the US have been banned, Tom Hanks tested positive for Coronavirus and the NBA has suspended the season thanks to the Coronavirus... I hate to say this, but travel may get more and more difficult to do. Time for virtual reality sessions where you have a device that is wrapped around your neck and the session wrestlers uses a type of Thighmaster and squeezes it so you can feel the pressure of her legs.

--- Kidding, but you never know LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Brakfool For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Mar-20, 03:00
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsure4321 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Nobody partaking is sessions should be really worried about the Coronavirus. The reason the Coronavirus kills sometimes is because of respiratory problems. If you're not Really old, super fat or have bad Asthma you should recover from the virus. Needless to say you shouldn't be sessioning if you have these problems already
Or you might not recover. And it's not about you, it's about all the people you are helping spread the virus to, many of whom will die.

The session industry will hurt a lot. I hope the girls are fine with the reduced income for a while because this is another case of "go to work and risk getting very sick or stay home and possibly lose your job," but with a different dimension to it. NBA season is suspended, March Madness may be suspended, but at least has no fans there, many states and countries have declared a state of emergency, many fortune 500 companies are 100% work-from-home now, no travel from Europe to US. On top of that, the stock market is tanking. Down 20% over the past 3 weeks. People are going to panic sell everything and lose a lot of money long-term (including people who thought they were retired), many of the guys won't have the extra money to do sessions, this is our next recession.

This is not a forum for economics or politics, but this is a serious situation. Sadly, many of the average folks I know in my city (in a state that has declared emergency) still think "ehh, it's like the flu, not a big deal, life goes on." But their tone is quite a bit more serious today than yesterday (not a metaphor). Daily life is changing. I hope everyone stays safe and doesn't spread the virus further.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Mar-20, 03:55
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I usually gets clients in April-May from Europe, we were already in plans to meet but things may change now, specially with the travel ban. Also was sad to learn today IBJJF Pan Ams was cancelled.
I have been training and was ready to take another Gold. Oh well, it is for the greater good and hopefully everything will be normal again soon. (Just came back from the market and the shelves are starting to look empty...

Last edited by Anji; 06-Jan-24 at 23:11.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Mar-20, 10:24
Points: 2,335, Level: 19 Points: 2,335, Level: 19 Points: 2,335, Level: 19
Last Achievements

In Spain a week ago we were saying the same "its a flu". The Real problem is not the mortality but the collapse of hospitales. If a lot of people get infected at the same time there is not enough capacity in the healthcare system to attend everyone and thats what is dangerous
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jamesfrank76 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Mar-20, 12:04
Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45
Last Achievements

I just cancelled a trip to the east coast to visit my elderly mother on HER request!! That's probably a good thing. Peace of mind for her of not having someone go through airplanes and airports and then hugging her.

I wonder if session women are:
1) irritated at COVID-19 related cancellations or
2) feeling pretty leary themselves and tempted to lay low for a while.

Last edited by rennurliart; 12-Mar-20 at 12:06. Reason: I can't type
The Following User Says Thank You to rennurliart For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Mar-20, 22:58
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennurliart [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I wonder if session women are:
1) irritated at COVID-19 related cancellations or
2) feeling pretty leary themselves and tempted to lay low for a while.
Yes.

And also, "I get it - people want to be cautious".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As a customer, is it making you less inclined to book a session? As a session wrestler is it hurting your business ?
Also yes.

It's pretty amazing how the (public) profile of this virus has evolved over the past 2-3 weeks. Most people in the U.S. are not equipped for missing out on 2 weeks of a regular paycheck. Session work for the average provider may not be as steady an income stream as a corporate office job, but they're in the same boat with respect to missing out on gigs.
Old 13-Mar-20, 00:22
Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

My gut tells me this will be crushing for wrestling sessions. Watching what is going on in Italy , if that happens in the U.S. watch out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AKgrappler For This Useful Post:

Tags
mixed combat, mixed wresting, session wrestling