Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 10-Jun-21, 23:12
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts
Default Re: SessionGirls.com looking for graphic designers

None of this makes any sense. If you're good at developing software, go get a job at a tech company and you can wipe clean whatever debts you claim to have in a few months. Wasting years getting people pissed off at you will make you and everyone else worse off.

Where is 50% normal? That sounds like a business partner, not an employed developer. 1% equity (if that) sounds more normal (for a senior engineer, much less if you don't know what you're doing) at a young startup. If you didn't get it in writing, there's just nothing to say anyway.

Not to mention, you don't need some "master" password just because you're a programmer. Owners of a company can easily set up permissions to give you access to push code, deploy code/images, set up test environments, etc. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] Giving too much access is a common security problem (we have a great example of why right here). Do you really think developers at Microsoft or Google need access to and control over everything?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jun-21, 23:22
Banned
Points: 1,190, Level: 13 Points: 1,190, Level: 13 Points: 1,190, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Regarding Jennifer's claims.

I am not an employee or a "work-to-hire" in any common sense way. I pay for the great bulk of the sessiongirls expenses, and have been since 2014. I also have the receipts to prove it! Hell, I even paid for the live events and did all the programming for free. And I was never given any salary or payment for it either. If Jennifer claims she did, ask her to show the receipts for her paying me. She won't because there aren't any. In fact, it's the opposite. I paid for the sessiongirls expenses, including jen's living expenses, medical bills, and even her vet bills for her dogs for 7 years now. But at the end of the day, the allegations are a "he-said, she-said" situation and you are free to believe what you want to believe.

My solution is, and always will be, the same:
Let's just go see our regular counsellor and agree to do whatever she recommends. However, whenever the counsellor says something Jennifer doesn't like, she gets flustered and LEAVES and refuses to go back again. It's just the way Jennifer "is".

And my preferred order of handling disputes are:
1) Counselor
2) Mediator
3) Arbitrator
4) Court

When presented with those options, Jen simply says "I'll see you in court!!!" - and then doesn't do anything. My proposition is to simply ask any independent arbitrator his opinion on the matter, and have him decide. And the whole thing can be done in a weekend.

Once again, please read the FULL side of steve's side before you form your strong opinion. Otherwise, it will just form into ideology:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

- Steve
Old 11-Jun-21, 14:20
Banned

Is this even Jennifer Thomas? This is not her writing style. (referring to jennifer thomas' posts)

Added after 17 minutes:

uxiel,

50% equity is a completely normal offer for paying the bills, writing code, and doing the administrator at no salary for 7 years. This is what was offered by Jennifer to Kip at Utopia Entertainment, Patrick at femdom studios, and Serena from Hit the Matt productions. And me. the 1% equity that you mentioned is more typical of salaried employees. This was a business partner relationship, not an employee relationship because I was never paid once in 7 years. And I paid a non-trival amount of money to sessiongirls during that period, at my expense.

And no, I did not get it in writing because I was stupid. I paid the hosting bills and general customer expenses for 7 years though - and I can prove it.

As for the "master password". Jen needed me to program something, so I set up an account at heroku back in 2014. There was no "grand plan" or anything, I just set it up like I normally do. And I gave Jennifer all my passwords anyway on a sheet of paper just in case I die or whatever. She always had them. But she could not figure out the 2-factor authentication on the heroku server so could not change it. It was on my original personal email anyway because my admin@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].com was not set up back then.

Last edited by SessionGirlsAdmin; 11-Jun-21 at 15:04.
Old 11-Jun-21, 16:44
Last Achievements

So you paid business expenses for 7 years, never got paid, never got your claimed 50% ownership in writing, and are coming here to hire people you know won't believe a thing you say to create graphics and do a React migration? Really great idea.

I recommend you learn best practices in development (things like access control and version control) and get a regular job. At those jobs, you will not be putting passwords on a post-it note. You would be better off taking a job than continuing your lame drama. A signing bonus could be enough to pay off all your debt after spending an afternoon doing a whiteboarding interview.

I recommend the admin close and/or delete this thread. There are far too many personal details in here, true or not. This forum is not a court. You're just trying to create more drama. No one on this forum is going to apply to your job ads.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Jun-21, 16:53
Producer
Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76
Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,836 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SessionGirlsAdmin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Is this even Jennifer Thomas? This is not her writing style. (referring to jennifer thomas' posts)

Added after 17 minutes:

uxiel,

50% equity is a completely normal offer for paying the bills, writing code, and doing the administrator at no salary for 7 years. This is what was offered by Jennifer to Kip at Utopia Entertainment, Patrick at femdom studios, and Serena from Hit the Matt productions. And me. the 1% equity that you mentioned is more typical of salaried employees. This was a business partner relationship, not an employee relationship because I was never paid once in 7 years. And I paid a non-trival amount of money to sessiongirls during that period, at my expense.

And no, I did not get it in writing because I was stupid. I paid the hosting bills and general customer expenses for 7 years though - and I can prove it.

As for the "master password". Jen needed me to program something, so I set up an account at heroku back in 2014. There was no "grand plan" or anything, I just set it up like I normally do. And I gave Jennifer all my passwords anyway on a sheet of paper just in case I die or whatever. She always had them. But she could not figure out the 2-factor authentication on the heroku server so could not change it. It was on my original personal email anyway because my admin@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].com was not set up back then.
Steve just take this "search for designers" to fiver or freelancer or any of the other numerous sites designed for finding a freelanced employee. You're just clearly here not to find "help" just want to start shit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmadomination For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Jun-21, 17:36
Points: 7,654, Level: 37 Points: 7,654, Level: 37 Points: 7,654, Level: 37
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

What the actual f*ck????? This is some SERIOUS tea being spilt today.

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SessionGirlsAdmin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Regarding Jennifer's claims.

I am not an employee or a "work-to-hire" in any common sense way. I pay for the great bulk of the sessiongirls expenses, and have been since 2014. I also have the receipts to prove it! Hell, I even paid for the live events and did all the programming for free. And I was never given any salary or payment for it either. If Jennifer claims she did, ask her to show the receipts for her paying me. She won't because there aren't any. In fact, it's the opposite. I paid for the sessiongirls expenses, including jen's living expenses, medical bills, and even her vet bills for her dogs for 7 years now. But at the end of the day, the allegations are a "he-said, she-said" situation and you are free to believe what you want to believe.

My solution is, and always will be, the same:
Let's just go see our regular counsellor and agree to do whatever she recommends. However, whenever the counsellor says something Jennifer doesn't like, she gets flustered and LEAVES and refuses to go back again. It's just the way Jennifer "is".

And my preferred order of handling disputes are:
1) Counselor
2) Mediator
3) Arbitrator
4) Court

When presented with those options, Jen simply says "I'll see you in court!!!" - and then doesn't do anything. My proposition is to simply ask any independent arbitrator his opinion on the matter, and have him decide. And the whole thing can be done in a weekend.

Once again, please read the FULL side of steve's side before you form your strong opinion. Otherwise, it will just form into ideology:

- Steve
If you have nothing legally binding here you are owed nothing. Relinquish the site and go about your business dude. Whatever it is you're trying to get you most definitely will not get.

This guy needs to be kicked off of here.

Last edited by brockleejones; 11-Jun-21 at 17:36.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brockleejones For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Jun-21, 18:11
Banned

uxiel,

> So you paid business expenses for 7 years, never got paid, never got your claimed 50% ownership in writing, and are coming here to hire people you know won't believe a thing you say to create graphics and do a React migration?

yes, that is exactly it.

> I recommend you learn best practices in development (things like access control and version control)
Of course I use version control. I've been using git since 2007 and amazon aws since 2008, which is probably earlier than you.

> At those jobs, you will not be putting passwords on a post-it note.
Yes, putting passwords on post-it notes is stupid. This is why I use password managers encrypted with 2-factor authentication (aes-256) to be specific. I use a different password for every site with a second 2-factor for those individual sites as well, including heroku.

Last edited by SessionGirlsAdmin; 11-Jun-21 at 18:28.
Old 11-Jun-21, 18:28
Producer
Points: 30,392, Level: 76 Points: 30,392, Level: 76 Points: 30,392, Level: 76
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 3,211 Times in 581 Posts

If i didn't pay you Steve , why not just LEAVE and walk away.
Who continues to work unpaid ?? Idiots .
You and I both know the truth .
You are not a victim , you are a CROOK.
Old 11-Jun-21, 18:37
Last Achievements

Use IAM (which actually rotates keys for you every so often). You don't need to know master passwords. You should have separate credentials for your own login, and a limited set of permissions should be given to your account.

More importantly, there is enough drama here. If you have close to 15 years of AWS experience, you should have no problem getting a very high-paid job instead of pissing people off who just want to make a listing site for sessions. Though if you're using AWS the way it existed back in 2008, you'll have a lot of catching up to do (DynamoDB didn't even exist).
Old 11-Jun-21, 18:37
Producer
Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76 Points: 30,120, Level: 76
Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9% Activity: 22.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,836 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If i didn't pay you Steve , why not just LEAVE and walk away.
Who continues to work unpaid ?? Idiots .
You and I both know the truth .
You are not a victim , you are a CROOK.
Seriously he's obviously desperate. Swinging for the fences at this point. He already committed a ban worthy offense hopefully Zweig takes out the trash

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmadomination For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread