Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Pictures

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Jan-17, 10:01
Points: 37,908, Level: 85 Points: 37,908, Level: 85 Points: 37,908, Level: 85
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 3,404 Times in 235 Posts
Default Re: BOLLYWOOD Fighting Beauties

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestpet [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
check her out. don't know the name
I did a bit of digging around and this is from a film by Ram Gopal Varma called "Bruce Lee" - it doesn't appear to have been released yet, despite being filmed more than a year ago.

As for the girl, her name has been kept under wraps (for some unexplained reason). Gopal Varma only referred to her as "Pooja" in one of his Tweets.

I'm definitely going to try and search for more Bollywood fem fighting scenes - they have a lot of great stuff I think we're missing out on!
The Following User Says Thank You to DocBlock For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Jan-17, 15:26
Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,218 Times in 6,815 Posts

Surprisingly, perhaps, there's a long tradition of fighting heroines in Indian cinema. One of the first was a western woman (well, Australian):

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

British viewers were treated to a rare showing of her in action a couple of years ago in the following feature that I recorded from the TV:

Over the years there have been many films with female Tarzan types - usually beginning with the word 'Jungle' or 'Junglee'. Although the choreography isn't up to much, the fighting style often looked quite daring for its time. This included, for example, bare legs or ankles around the bad guys' necks. But please don't ask for examples - I've forgotten them!

As for the actresses, the one most regularly up for a butt-kicking was probably:

But note that being from the South of India, she is technically not a Bollywood icon.

The international market is now flooded with action films featuring Bollywood actresses who have had an hour or two's training in martial arts (recognising there are some who are genuinely proficient). But, like their Hollywood counterparts, the scenes are invariably brief, unrealistic and chopped and diced so much you can hardly tell who is kicking whom.

On a brighter note, here are a few titles I watched and enjoyed recently (from my collection of 200 or so VCDs/DVDs of Indian action heroines).

Lady Bruce Lee starring Ayesha (not in IMDb)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jan-17, 03:12
Points: 32,386, Level: 78 Points: 32,386, Level: 78 Points: 32,386, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,349 Times in 592 Posts

Glad to see Sonakshi as a heroine. She has strong legs and nice physique for fighting. Movie is good but writers went too much in the scene where a little girl kick the butts of few grown men.
Old 06-Jan-17, 13:35
The Dream Maker
Points: 586,586, Level: 100 Points: 586,586, Level: 100 Points: 586,586, Level: 100
Activity: 90.5% Activity: 90.5% Activity: 90.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 114,949 Times in 5,240 Posts

Seeexxyyy....love old movie with indian lethal ladies!!!!
Old 31-Aug-18, 22:44
Points: 3,341, Level: 24 Points: 3,341, Level: 24 Points: 3,341, Level: 24
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Surprisingly, perhaps, there's a long tradition of fighting heroines in Indian cinema. One of the first was a western woman (well, Australian):

British viewers were treated to a rare showing of her in action a couple of years ago in the following feature that I recorded from the TV:

Over the years there have been many films with female Tarzan types - usually beginning with the word 'Jungle' or 'Junglee'. Although the choreography isn't up to much, the fighting style often looked quite daring for its time. This included, for example, bare legs or ankles around the bad guys' necks. But please don't ask for examples - I've forgotten them!

As for the actresses, the one most regularly up for a butt-kicking was probably:

But note that being from the South of India, she is technically not a Bollywood icon.

The international market is now flooded with action films featuring Bollywood actresses who have had an hour or two's training in martial arts (recognising there are some who are genuinely proficient). But, like their Hollywood counterparts, the scenes are invariably brief, unrealistic and chopped and diced so much you can hardly tell who is kicking whom.

On a brighter note, here are a few titles I watched and enjoyed recently (from my collection of 200 or so VCDs/DVDs of Indian action heroines).

Lady Bruce Lee starring Ayesha (not in IMDb)

Can you please list a few more movies from your collection?
Old 12-May-19, 12:08
Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100 Points: 276,521, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymontana [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Can you please list a few more movies from your collection?
It's a bit of a late response but hopefully I can do better than that now I'm able to upload images of them from the DVDs.

I'll begin with a lady I consider to be the Queen of Indian Female Fighters - the variously-monickered Vijayashanti (my preferred option). Her best work came long before those stick-thin models of the 21st century tried broadening their careers by pretending to fight - which mostly involved fraction-of-a-second glimpses of their faces and random body parts in between their stuntwoman's equally brief kicks and jumps. But I'm not here to rant on about what I don't like, let's take a look at someone I do admire - as she was back in her 1980s-1990s man-beating heyday.

These images all come from a single fight against half-a-dozen opponents that lasts a couple of minutes. Our policewoman heroine is trying to arrest one of them (he's in the yellow shirt) but his mates have turned out to tip the balance in his favour - or so they think. The action moves from a junkyard through to a busy road where, amongst other things, the actress shows her bravery by jumping onto the outside of a passing bus. Anyway, let's pick up the action...

1, 2. We begin with a close-up of this tough and determined heroine followed by a typical example of the confident pose she strikes when confronting her targets.
3, 4, 5. She has one of the most varied fighting styles on celluloid, defeating opponents with a wide range of kicks and punches, using anything handily left around as a weapon, and beating any man in a trial of strength.
6. And we get to see this particular move frequently in her action scenes; if one guy lifts her off the ground from behind, she uses her legs to attack whoever is dumb enough to stand in front of them.
7, 8, 9. Having mentioned her varied style, can you see what she's doing here? The images aren't very clear, but yes - she's flattening two criminals at once with a butt-drop! And that's quite some butt to have dropped on you from a great height.

Oh - nearly forgot; here's her filmography:

Added after 12 minutes:

10, 11, 12. She always kicked very well for a chunky lass.
13, 14. Her sole target here is Mr. Yellow Shirt, and he's going to get a knee where it hurts before he gets 'collared' by the law.
15, 16, 17, 18. And this bit emphasises my point about the old fights being the best. I've seen the move performed elsewhere, but never before in a single camera shot by the actress herself. Sure the Mr. Yellow Shirt actor is helping to hold her up. But that's our Vijaya walking horizontally around the rest of her foes kicking them all in the chest one-by-one, and leaving us with a last glimpse of that impressive butt.
Attached Images
File Type: png Vijaya1.png (406.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Vijaya2.png (729.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Vijaya3.png (596.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: png Vijaya4.png (518.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png Vijaya5.png (538.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Vijaya6.png (644.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Vijaya7.png (687.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png Vijaya8.png (570.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: png Vijaya9.png (517.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png Vijaya10.png (608.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png Vijaya11.png (499.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: png Vijaya12.png (431.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: png Vijaya13.png (559.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png Vijaya14.png (683.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png Vijaya15.png (781.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png Vijaya16.png (737.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png Vijaya17.png (644.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png Vijaya18.png (518.6 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by verscont; 12-May-19 at 12:08.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 23-May-19, 15:46
Last Achievements

I wasn't really looking for this scene to post on the Forum; I just stumbled across it whilst searching for something else. And now I have found it, I've just noticed it's the one that was complained about in Post #13 above . But I'd done all the bloody work by then so you're getting it anyway!

1, 2. Here's a young schoolgirl who's just spotted the guy who bullied her friends earlier, so she approaches him from behind and taps his shoulder to get his attention.
3, 4, 5. Once he's turned around to see what she wants, he gets an almighty slap on the face that knocks him to the ground.
6, 7, 8. A friend of the bully makes a comment she doesn't like, so he gets a good kicking for his trouble.
9. The young girl strikes a pose to let them know she means business. Perhaps Bully Boy's mates should just sit this one out?

Added after 16 minutes:

10, 11, 12, 13. But no; Bully Boy's other mate can't believe how quickly the other two have crumbled, and he goes in next with fists flying. Only for the girl to grab his flailing arm, expertly using it to twist him down and then back upwards, and holding on to it whilst she administers a few kicks. He's feeling a bit embarrassed - especially being watched by so many women and girls.
14, 15. So next they team up; all three attack her at once... and all three get beaten up at once; their embarrassment turns to humiliation.
16, 17, 18. The two mates are happy to feign injury, unconsciousness or even death in order to stay on the ground out of the way, leaving Bully Boy alone to face his innocent-looking nemesis - who dispatches him with another swift kick to the midriff.

Yes, of course it was unrealistic But isn't that what the movies are all about?
Attached Images
File Type: png Mishi0.png (807.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: png Mishi1.png (817.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Mishi2.png (894.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: png Mishi3.png (666.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: png Mishi4.png (661.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png Mishi5.png (530.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Mishi6.png (565.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: png Mishi7.png (554.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Mishi8.png (495.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: png Mishi10.png (851.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Mishi11.png (633.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: png Mishi12.png (920.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Mishi13.png (722.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png Mishi14.png (711.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: png Mishi15.png (797.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Mishi16.png (445.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: png Mishi17.png (577.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png Mishi18.png (840.0 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by verscont; 23-May-19 at 15:46.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 24-May-19, 13:23
Last Achievements

OK, I've been nurturing the Indian girl above like a favourite Tamagotchi* through a further 10 years of intense training in various martial arts disciplines. She's now ready to take on not just three, but SIX adult bad guys in a fight, and look convincing whilst doing it. Here are some of my favourite moves from one of her battles. She really doesn't want to get in trouble at college for beating up all of the male students, but the goons think they have a chance if they arrive mob-handed. She hides in a corner of the cafeteria but it doesn't take long for her to be found.

1, 2. The heroine first tries to talk her way out of the situation, but to no avail. And as proof that women can do several things at once, she's nonchalantly swatting away random attacks whilst making her case.
3, 4, 5, 6, 7. After skipping over some of the early strikes, we come to one of those moves, typical of - if not exactly unique to - Bollywood girls. It's the horizontal walk around the goons' faces and chests giving them all a good kick in turn.
8, 9. The Director tried to adopt an artistic touch by filming some of the action in silhouette framed by blinding sunlight, but I wish he hadn't bothered. Here by example is a balletic backwards high kick if you can see it.

* [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Added after 11 minutes:

10, 11, 12, 13. We skip forward to find the Bollywood vixen using her legs again, but this time it's just two opponents feeling the pain from a rapid series of kicks. For some reason the guy on the left only gets his stomach and chest pounded, whereas his mate is on the receiving end of some foot-to-face action.
14, 15. Once she's bored with this, she dumps them both on the floor, one with a jolt to the back of the knees and the other with a sweep of her legs.
16, 17, 18. And there's just time to give a lonely goon a good kicking too. But she's not one dimensional, employing throws too whenever she's attacked from behind.

Added after 10 minutes:

19, 20. I've missed out the fisticuffs because the punches were too blurred or everything was from the wrong angle. But we do get to see she's tasty with her elbows, whether to the body or head.
21. And finally we come to the 'Don't try this at home kids!' moment. Surely she doesn't need to duck down so low to avoid that clumsy attack from her outmatched opponent?
22, 23, 24, 25, 26. No, she's launching into this creative (if rather impractical in a real fight) manoeuvre. It's a kind of walking handstand - turned bicycle kick - turned throw with her legs. Let's see someone try 'Name That Hold' on this one.
27. And with that done, she peruses the scene of devastation around her, before going off to finish that tricky assignment.
Attached Images
File Type: png Sona1.png (719.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Sona2.png (838.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: png Sona3.png (812.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Sona4.png (693.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: png Sona5.png (768.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png Sona6.png (655.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png Sona7.png (745.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Sona8.png (514.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Sona9.png (520.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Sona10.png (853.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Sona11.png (756.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: png Sona12.png (671.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Sona13.png (575.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png Sona14.png (679.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png Sona15.png (769.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Sona16.png (564.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png Sona17.png (619.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Sona18.png (558.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Sona19.png (702.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Sona20.png (851.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Sona21.png (484.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Sona22.png (605.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Sona23.png (584.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: png Sona24.png (549.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: png Sona25.png (605.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Sona26.png (627.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: png Sona27.png (711.7 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by verscont; 24-May-19 at 13:23.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 24-May-19, 14:14
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
OK, I've been nurturing the Indian girl above like a favourite Tamagotchi* through a further 10 years of intense training in various martial arts disciplines. She's now ready to take on not just three, but SIX adult bad guys in a fight, and look convincing whilst doing it. Here are some of my favourite moves from one of her battles. She really doesn't want to get in trouble at college for beating up all of the male students, but the goons think they have a chance if they arrive mob-handed. She hides in a corner of the cafeteria but it doesn't take long for her to be found.

1, 2. The heroine first tries to talk her way out of the situation, but to no avail. And as proof that women can do several things at once, she's nonchalantly swatting away random attacks whilst making her case.
3, 4, 5, 6, 7. After skipping over some of the early strikes, we come to one of those moves, typical of - if not exactly unique to - Bollywood girls. It's the horizontal walk around the goons' faces and chests giving them all a good kick in turn.
8, 9. The Director tried to adopt an artistic touch by filming some of the action in silhouette framed by blinding sunlight, but I wish he hadn't bothered. Here by example is a balletic backwards high kick if you can see it.

* [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Added after 11 minutes:

10, 11, 12, 13. We skip forward to find the Bollywood vixen using her legs again, but this time it's just two opponents feeling the pain from a rapid series of kicks. For some reason the guy on the left only gets his stomach and chest pounded, whereas his mate is on the receiving end of some foot-to-face action.
14, 15. Once she's bored with this, she dumps them both on the floor, one with a jolt to the back of the knees and the other with a sweep of her legs.
16, 17, 18. And there's just time to give a lonely goon a good kicking too. But she's not one dimensional, employing throws too whenever she's attacked from behind.

Added after 10 minutes:

19, 20. I've missed out the fisticuffs because the punches were too blurred or everything was from the wrong angle. But we do get to see she's tasty with her elbows, whether to the body or head.
21. And finally we come to the 'Don't try this at home kids!' moment. Surely she doesn't need to duck down so low to avoid that clumsy attack from her outmatched opponent?
22, 23, 24, 25, 26. No, she's launching into this creative (if rather impractical in a real fight) manoeuvre. It's a kind of walking handstand - turned bicycle kick - turned throw with her legs. Let's see someone try 'Name That Hold' on this one.
27. And with that done, she peruses the scene of devastation around her, before going off to finish that tricky assignment.
I don't like the way they film fight scenes in Indian movies for a host of reasons, but I like Sonakshi Sinha as a fighter. She is a decent actress, cute, trained in martial arts, and is [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. I'd love to see her in a punishing back-and-forth fight with a single male in the style of older Hong Kong movies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to del For This Useful Post:
Old 28-May-19, 08:43
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't like the way they film fight scenes in Indian movies for a host of reasons, but I like Sonakshi Sinha as a fighter. She is a decent actress, cute, trained in martial arts, and is physically quite fit. I'd love to see her in a punishing back-and-forth fight with a single male in the style of older Hong Kong movies.
So would I, but for now we'll have to make do with this little snippet. I know you've seen the video but other members may not have. (BTW I bought Force 2 at the same time on the promise of Sonakshi in an action role but that one left me cold). [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Anyway, onto this brief scene. We can forgive the baddy for leaving her legs untied here because she needed them to walk to the middle of this deserted forest where she's due to be executed [1]. The method is a bullet to the head, but the gun jams [2]. Whilst the goon is trying to focus on fixing it, our heroine rises; spins her body around to gain some momentum - and to confuse Mr. Gun-fumbler - and kicks the weapon out of his hand [3,4,5].

Before he can react, she delivers another strong and very swift kick to his head [6,7], and this time it's his body spinning around as it crashes to the ground [8,9]. I really hoped she'd let him get up again so she could kick him all around the forest with her hands still tied. And then perhaps end the scene with them both lying on the ground, his head between her thighs as she offered him a choice between producing the keys and unlocking the handcuffs, or having his neck snapped. But I suppose that's why we have a 'Stories' Forum. Instead, she finds the discarded keys and frees herself before he can get up.
Attached Images
File Type: png SonaF1.png (1.05 MB, 12 views)
File Type: png SonaF2.png (730.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png SonaF3.png (575.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: png SonaF4.png (727.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png SonaF5.png (794.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png SonaF6.png (520.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png SonaF7.png (603.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: png SonaF8.png (732.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png SonaF9.png (576.9 KB, 27 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:

Tags
beauties, bollywood, fighting, haitu