Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Old 23-Dec-19, 14:13
Banned
Points: 632, Level: 9 Points: 632, Level: 9 Points: 632, Level: 9
Activity: 55.6% Activity: 55.6% Activity: 55.6%

Default Re: Jeanne Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Jean is very very happy in her new life. She does not like it when fans track her down to ask her about wrestling matches that happened over a quarter of a century ago. She is a warm, talented, bright and kind person.
Very interesting..... I understand it, but also I understand people's fascination.

Conversely I look at poor Beatrice Goffin & what happened to her & that she still would have had something to say or do with the industry & how the internet generation could have been a boom for her.

I wish there was a chance for an interview & a chance to understand what those early years were like & her thoughts.

Then too Joan Wise too would have been interesting as she was the first producer to take it to a different level, where it veered more to domination & femdom, which was interesting because Joan was very accomplished as a wrestler but seldom if ever did femdom....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luvfvsf For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Dec-19, 15:42
Points: 3,410, Level: 24 Points: 3,410, Level: 24 Points: 3,410, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Jean is very very happy in her new life. She does not like it when fans track her down to ask her about wrestling matches that happened over a quarter of a century ago. She is a warm, talented, bright and kind person.
Seems to be a pretty common feeling among the women we admire here, as opposed to actresses (or pro wrestlers!) of that era who have no problem doing ComicCon, memorabilia shows, online projects of various types, etc. Wonder if they feel their involvement in amateur wrestling stigmatized them.
Old 04-Jan-20, 12:04
Banned
Points: 632, Level: 9 Points: 632, Level: 9 Points: 632, Level: 9
Activity: 55.6% Activity: 55.6% Activity: 55.6%

Much appreciated.... Yes I believe like anything it is about the money, but certainly there were feuds too.....

To me too there was a fine lime as some were under 18.

Always interested on Margo Gowan if you have any insights.
Old 04-Jan-20, 16:59
Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38 Points: 8,227, Level: 38
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Fascinating stuff Bobbi.
Question to Jeanne- Did she realise how much she hurt and upset the English girl Yasmin in a ring match for festelle?
Who out of the Skarven sisters was the top dog and did the others know this?
Were the kos in the boxing videos for real?
Thanks.
Old 05-Jan-20, 02:51
Banned
Points: 810, Level: 11 Points: 810, Level: 11 Points: 810, Level: 11
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%

Hi,

First of all I never met Margo and don’t know anything about her beyond that which was published. I remember a conversation with Judi about her but it was brief and not terribly revelatory. Sorry I can’t help you there.

There were definitely women who wrestled at the Amazon who didn’t particularly care for one another, but there was only one feud/revenge match. The details of why it came about would reveal some of the unpleasant undercurrents at the Amazon that most fans do not want to know about. The rest of the feuds were, by and large, script writing inventions of Jack Senior.

I know that you guys don’t really want to hear this, but it was the money. In the interview that Judi did with her granddaughter, she talked about paying the girls $25 when they first started out. $25 in 1980 would be worth almost $80 today when you account for inflation. Offering a teenage girl $80 for 15 minutes of wrestling was a lot. I’ve mentioned this before, but the girls would all say it was easier than spending a night babysitting and making a lot less money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfvsf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Much appreciated.... Yes I believe like anything it is about the money, but certainly there were feuds too.....

To me too there was a fine lime as some were under 18.

Always interested on Margo Gowan if you have any insights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuk1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Fascinating stuff Bobbi.
Question to Jeanne- Did she realise how much she hurt and upset the English girl Yasmin in a ring match for festelle?
Who out of the Skarven sisters was the top dog and did the others know this?
Were the kos in the boxing videos for real?
Thanks.
Hi,

I’ve never specifically asked or talked to Jeanne about Yasmin. If you send me a private message and remind me, I can certainly bring it up with her.

The Skarvan sisters were all pretty close in age. However Nancy had a very aggressive personality and the talent to back it up. Susan definitely had some anger issues but wasn’t as talented. Lanetta lost pretty much every time she wrestled but had a very easy-going personality. Nancy enjoyed the sport a lot and made a bit of money (I remind you of her age and the era) however she is very much annoyed by people reaching out to her about it today.

One more post about this. What Judy did was really difficult. Competitive matches are hard to arrange. It’s pretty tough to find girls that are actually evenly matched and can provide a level of ongoing action that would be interesting. Fantasy matches are much, much, much easier for the actresses and producers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfvsf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Very interesting..... I understand it, but also I understand people's fascination.

Conversely I look at poor Beatrice Goffin & what happened to her & that she still would have had something to say or do with the industry & how the internet generation could have been a boom for her.

I wish there was a chance for an interview & a chance to understand what those early years were like & her thoughts.

Then too Joan Wise too would have been interesting as she was the first producer to take it to a different level, where it veered more to domination & femdom, which was interesting because Joan was very accomplished as a wrestler but seldom if ever did femdom....
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobbi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-20, 22:29
Last Achievements

Bobbi,

Do you have any news on the boxing that took place at camp amazon?
Who was the best ? Were the kos genuine?
Thanks.
Old 07-Jan-20, 03:29
Banned
Points: 810, Level: 11 Points: 810, Level: 11 Points: 810, Level: 11
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%

There really wasn’t a lot of it and the quality was pretty poor. Judell did not know how to teach it and it didn’t sell well. There were very few Ko because of the lack of skill and strength of the girls. Remember, few real women’s boxing matches that end in a Ko.

The worst I heard was that Jeanne broke Nikki’s nose in a real bout in Washington.

Good rule of thumb about the Amazon product...

M vs F was not truly competitive.

8 mm films were for real, but the endings were often forced by time constraints....

F vs F video matches were legit!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bobbi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jan-20, 02:17
Points: 97,714, Level: 100 Points: 97,714, Level: 100 Points: 97,714, Level: 100
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,110 Times in 4,078 Posts

Bill Wick wrote in the scissors message board over at the Diana Valkyrie site years ago that Judell "couldn't wrestle a lick." Also he said the newsletters were actually written by her then husband Jack.
Old 10-Jan-20, 20:21
Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I loved jill monroe really interesting that she was one the only ones to make Jeanne tap... jill should have done more competitive matches ... she was great against naomi from uk

Interesting what has been said about yasmin... she was great and loved hurting and humiliating other girls... what is the back story of her match with Jeanne? Yasmin beat a lot of bigger women
The Following User Says Thank You to scissorgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jan-20, 21:55
Last Achievements

Yasmin was told that she was fighting a big american girl. She was confident of beating her as she had already won a lot of matches and beaten bigger girls. However Jeanne turned up and you could see Yasmins confidence drop. Jeanne beat her easily and Yasmin was not happy afterwards as she said Jeanne had really hurt her.
The Following User Says Thank You to markuk1 For This Useful Post: