Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-Jun-19, 03:03
Points: 2,175, Level: 19 Points: 2,175, Level: 19 Points: 2,175, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Mixed Fights with good/interesting choreography

I made a post in the "looking for a video thread" but I don't think it quite fits, I'll probably delete it later. Hopefully this fits here a bit more.

So I've been obsessed with this clip for a few years now:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Namely the bits with the buxom blonde fighting the man with a receding hairline and ponytail. Unfortunately, the fight isn't wholly continuous (which is a shame since I think it's the best choreography I've ever seen), there are jumps between the clips to other action. Here are the time stamps of the fight I'm talking about:

0:22
0:46
1:11
1:58

The thing that draws me to this scene is how she handles the guy, "predicting" his moves and simultaneously avoiding and countering them, like at 0:22, he swings his baton at her, she's already swinging herself back and throwing a kick into his gut. Then at 0:25, his tries to hit her leg with the baton while on the floor, but she's already raising it, ready to kick him. Or even at 0:46, he swings the baton downwards, but she's already performing a roundhouse kick which keeps her out of range and connects with his cheek. Favorite is 1:11-1:16 where he throws a kick up but she catches the kick with her foot (while looking away, mind you), knocking him off balance and causing him to fall over.

Guess my question is, are there fight scenes where the girl has a kind of "predictive ability" and acts on it in such a way with the choreography? But more generally I think we should have a thread for fight scenes/wrestling videos that are a little non-standard in that they actually show the girl "outwitting" her opponent.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheLurk For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jun-19, 18:20
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Mixed Fights with good/interesting choreography

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 05-May-20, 10:52
Last Achievements

Thought I'd post a reply, for two reasons

1) The original video got taken down
2) I think I want to narrow down the point of this post

I'm looking for mixed fight videos where the choreography isn't just super fast, stylized fists thrown at one another and dodged arbitrarily, but rather where there's some element of the woman "out-witting" her opponent

Here's the video I was originally interested in, namely I care about the bits with the buxom blonde fighting the man with a receding hairline and ponytail. Unfortunately, the fight isn't wholly continuous (which is a shame since I think it's the best choreography I've ever seen), there are jumps between the clips to other action. Here are the new time stamps of the fight I'm talking about:

1:00 -- the blonde barges in as a man reaches for his gun on a table, shouting a battle cry she kicks him in the chest, incapacitating the threat

1:21 -- now here's where the real fight begins, and it showcases what I'm talking about perfectly. The aforementioned pony-tailed man uses a baton against the girl (although it doesn't do him much good) -- he lunges at the girl in a slicing motion, but she rotates her body 90 degrees, dodging his blow and simultaneously kicking her leg up to meet the man's torso, knocking him to the ground. While on the floor, he tries to use the baton to swipe her right foot, but she's already raised it out of the way, and, what's more, she kicks him in the face.

1:45 -- he swings the baton downwards, but she's already performing a roundhouse kick which keeps her out of range and connects with his cheek. Delivers a few blows while on the ground, then uses his own pony-tail to lift him up and slam him to the floor once more.

2:11 -- looks like the editors cut a part of the fight (bummer) because he's somehow lost the baton and needs to rely on his fists. Love this sequence because at 2:14, with her back to him, she anticipates his kick and catches it with her foot, causing him to fall over.

2:58 -- a bit of hand to hand, she's holding her own, he attempts to spin her about but she throws a flying back-fist that lands square on his jaw and has him staggering. A double dose of roundhouse kicks and ending off on that signature kick (performing the same battle cry), she knocks him over into a coffee table, breaking it in two -- doesn't waste another second on him and runs back into the action to help her comrades.

So throughout the fight, she anticipates his moves and finds the best way to counter them. That's the sort of fight I'm looking for.

Here's another, similar video:

I won't bother narrating all of it, but here are a few key time-stamps:

0:09 -- her opponent throws a kick, she performs a split to dodge, then performs a hand-stand and kicks him with her closest foot.

0:13 -- knocked back, he runs back towards her, likely thinking he has the advantage since she's got her back towards him -- he goes in to sweep her legs but she does a cheerful jump upwards, which both dodges his sweep and sends her feet into his face once more

0:23 -- he goes in for a punch, she cartwheels away, and each foot connects with his face, if that weren't bad enough, he pursues the same way, and she performs another cartwheel with the same result -- two kicks to the jaw.

0:34 -- charges at him and performs 2 front cartwheel, he scurries back against the wall, she ends in a hand stand, thinking once more he likely has the advantage he readies himself for a punch, but she performs a split and her thunderous calf hits his shoulder and drops him to the floor. She completes her cycle, her highest leg landing on his stomach, and she raises her hand in victory.

Again, these are highlights where the heroine predicts her opponent's move and develops an intelligent counter, "out-smarting" her opponent -- also using the environment to her advantage (in this case, having him against the wall, in the above case, kicking her opponent into a coffee table). Any fights you know of like this would be awesome! Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheLurk For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jun-20, 22:13
Last Achievements

Another set, this time from the film Fist of Iron -- I believe this is the only mixed fight in the entire movie, and I think the choreography is interesting. The match kept being interrupted by some inane dialogue in the movie, I've cut out those scenes so we can focus on the action. Let's take a look:

The fight starts off with a young girl and a seemingly older man in blue. He "kicks off" the match with a side kick to the girl's left, she blocks and counters with a left side kick of her own, succeeded by another to his right, the combo is finalized with a round house kick to his gut -- the force of which knocks him into the post, cornering her opponent -- clever and strong, she's formidable, and the audience applauses accordingly.

We cut back after a bit of prattle, the man throws his arm at her side, she blocks the blow and uses his momentum against him, grabbing him and performing a spinning throw, an excellent counter. She's proving to be more than a match for her "opponent" -- can he turn the tables?

Cutting back once more we get where our heroine proves conclusively to be the superior fighter, having grabbed the man's arm, she unleashes a flurry of kicks to his gut, a direct target of one of her earlier blows if you'll recall. In the next gif, she delivers one last blow before kicking his face, her mighty legs send him flying into the ropes, the elasticity of which pushes him towards her once more, seems she's calculated this as she's prepared to catch the man, too dazed and slow to even realize what's going on, and knee his stomach once more.

Deciding it's time to finish the match, she throws a karate chop which looks like it could shatter brick straight into his spine.

Requiring the knock out, she grabs a fist full of hair and throws a meteoring punch against his face with perfect form -- he's clearly out cold, never having even landed a finger on his opponent, a decisive victory for the young martial artist.

Really loved this fight and older ones in general, they seem to be right between two extremes: overly flashy Hollywood-esque type fights, and underwhelming, uncreative, basic "quick" choreography with a bunch of punches and kicks where you can barely make out what's going on.

Last edited by TheLurk; 17-Jun-20 at 06:22.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheLurk For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jun-20, 23:27
Points: 25,653, Level: 70 Points: 25,653, Level: 70 Points: 25,653, Level: 70
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,347 Times in 1,043 Posts

I found it, Mixed Fights with regular choreography, maledom.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sugoishadow For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-20, 08:46
Points: 276,479, Level: 100 Points: 276,479, Level: 100 Points: 276,479, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,199 Times in 6,812 Posts

re Post#4.

Thanks for this and I agree with almost everything you say - I even moaned at the boring ringside cutaways too! I thought it looked familiar and that's because I'd posted a Picture Forum contribution from my DVD that has the alternative title 'Enter The Shootfighter'. My images are redundant now you've posted the GIFs, though I've added a few old spares here anyway.

But there's one odd aspect to this fight, and that's why I took issue with the word "heroine". Yes, amazingly, the little cutie was part of the Evil Dojo's Team; so we were meant to be cheering for the big lump in blue :

And there's another curiosity. Back then I said the young blonde wasn't in the cast list so I had to do my own investigations before I could add her name to my stills. And trust me; I don't usually make mistakes like that. Well, now she IS listed on IMDb - simply as 'Girl'. I can only guess that a Board member picked up on my post and used it to update the IMDb entry. Anybody here owning up?
Attached Images
File Type: png Jenni13.png (876.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: png Jenni11.png (753.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: png Jenni12.png (841.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png Jenni10.png (746.5 KB, 45 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-20, 10:20
Points: 276,479, Level: 100 Points: 276,479, Level: 100 Points: 276,479, Level: 100
Last Achievements

By the way, it isn't clear whether you got an answer to your original post in the 'Looking For A Video' thread, or found it elsewhere? Either way, here's your favourite girl of the five (or six?) on the front cover, where everyone else can now see her too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SweetJ3.jpg (162.4 KB, 64 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-20, 16:38
Points: 4,088, Level: 26 Points: 4,088, Level: 26 Points: 4,088, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLurk [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Another set, this time from the film Fist of Iron -- The fight starts off with a young girl and a seemingly older man in blue.
Really great scene. Looking at the full movie we know nothing about who she is, or why she is fighting. They don't even mention her once.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mstikes For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-20, 16:51
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstikes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Really great scene. Looking at the full movie we know nothing about who she is, or why she is fighting. They don't even mention her once.
I agree about her relative anonymity - both as a character and an actress. But as I mentioned in my last post, we DO know why she's fighting.

This is a 'Posh Do' as we say around my way - some kind of outdoor party where expensive entertainment has been laid on for the rich guests - and that includes these ring fights.

The girl is part of a team of fighters, trained and managed by a bad guy. They are taking on members of another dojo who we (viewers) are supposed to be supporting. I can't remember if they were keeping score to produce an official winning team or not. But Team Good Guys didn't have a female cast character, so they had to put a guy in against her. They wouldn't get much support and sympathy if one of their hulking heroes kicked the crap out of a little teenage girl. So in the to- and fro-ing of the competition, the script instead called for her to become one of the Bad Team's victorious combatants.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-20, 23:16
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
By the way, it isn't clear whether you got an answer to your original post in the 'Looking For A Video' thread, or found it elsewhere? Either way, here's your favourite girl of the five (or six?) on the front cover, where everyone else can now see her too.
I don't recall asking about this clip in specific since I did end up finding the film (my original clip actually had the title of the movie) -- but thanks!! Info about the actress was scarce when I looked, shame she never made more films like this one, for anyone curious I think there is a strip scene with her in the film.

Also, another fun little sequence I found (not sure if it was from something you posted!)

Here we have a guy in a suit and a young girl in blue -- the goon throws him arm at her, she catches and misdirects the blow, simultaneously spinning herself so that they're back to back, she then sends an elbow into his spine! Ouch! Flustered, the man turns and throws his fist at the girl, our denim-clad heroine ducks in anticipation, he throws the same arm as the back fist, but she catches it midway and uses it to throw him into a knee.

Last edited by TheLurk; 17-Jun-20 at 23:36.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheLurk For This Useful Post:

Tags
mixed fight