Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Kinky Lucrecia: The Real Mixed Strength Contest.
Get this video at: Kinky Lucrecia - KL161.

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Yara vs Charlie.
Preview in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - FW-177.

View Poll Results: And the winner is.......?
Ronda Rousey 42 46.67%
Bruce Lee 48 53.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-Jul-12, 22:05
Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,627 Times in 507 Posts
Default Male vs Female MMA Dream Match

Cage match. 135lbs Bantamweight challenge between current undefeated Strikeforce Women's Champion

Ronda Rousey

Height 5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)
Weight 135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)

vs the greatest and most influential martial artist of all time,

Bruce Lee

Height 5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)
Weight 135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)

No rounds, no time limit, no referee: two enter the cage, one walks out. What makes this interesting is that in their prime, they are both the same size and at the top of their game. Who wins? I'll start the ball rolling:

Ronda by armbar

"Ronda Rousey would eat Bruce Lee for lunch"
-Gene LeBell

Last edited by Stewie; 10-Jul-12 at 22:18.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jul-12, 22:15
Temporary group
Points: 4,853, Level: 29 Points: 4,853, Level: 29 Points: 4,853, Level: 29
Last Achievements

Default Re: Mixed MMA Dream Match

Bruce Lee defeated Chuck Norris...if that fight would ever take place...Rest in peace Ronda
Old 10-Jul-12, 22:47
sleepinbin

ronda wud school most men her size but bruce lee was a phenomenl striker and knew how to grapple too. got to think bruce takes it.
Old 10-Jul-12, 23:22
Points: 24,889, Level: 68 Points: 24,889, Level: 68 Points: 24,889, Level: 68
Last Achievements

I'm serious here guys, not kidding, I'd trust Gene Lebelle...in a grappler vs striker match I'm always putting my money on the grappler, of course provided the grappler is a first class grappler, and Ronda is just phenomenal.

I think that the history of MMA, with all the past confrontations between strikers and grapplers has shown with no doubt that the best grappler beats the best striker.
Now, for MMA followers, I don't want to mention the Ronda Rousey rise to the glory, because it would be too obvious there that an elite grappler like her win 5 bouts in the first round with an average 1 minute per fight, and the only "strain" for her was a 4 minutes fight against the only other elite grappler (Miesha Tate) she has ever met (and imo this is gonna be even more evident when she'll finally smash cyborg's arm for good).
I'm rather thinking about the two UFC bouts between Anderson Silva, unanimously considered the best pound for pound MMA fighter ever, and Chael Sonnen. Sonnen, an elite grappler, was the only one in these years of Silva's dominance to ever clearly dominate Silva in the cage....and he did in both of their fights, each time losing for dumb mistakes, which a champion like Silva capitalized.

It's basically impossible for the striker, unless he has a huge reach and size advantage on his opponent, to prevent the grappler getting the fight to the ground, where it's all over. He has one big shot/KO punch when the grappler get closer and if he miss it, he's done on the ground.

So, really, not kidding, if Ronda survives the first two round kicks, I'm afraid the poor Bruce Lee ends the fight with no arms at all...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lucad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jul-12, 23:37
Points: 126,549, Level: 100 Points: 126,549, Level: 100 Points: 126,549, Level: 100
Activity: 71.2% Activity: 71.2% Activity: 71.2%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 38,667 Times in 3,882 Posts

if Bruce Lee was same age and exposed to same training, Bruce Lee. he's quicker, stronger and more powerful. oh yeh, he's also a guy.
Old 10-Jul-12, 23:41
Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,627 Times in 507 Posts

Judo Gene was a stuntman and knew Bruce well. He's also in Ronda's corner these days and if HE says she'd wreck Bruce, who am I to think otherwise?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Jul-12, 23:42
sleepinbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucad [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm serious here guys, not kidding, I'd trust Gene Lebelle...in a grappler vs striker match I'm always putting my money on the grappler, of course provided the grappler is a first class grappler, and Ronda is just phenomenal.

I think that the history of MMA, with all the past confrontations between strikers and grapplers has shown with no doubt that the best grappler beats the best striker.
Now, for MMA followers, I don't want to mention the Ronda Rousey rise to the glory, because it would be too obvious there that an elite grappler like her win 5 bouts in the first round with an average 1 minute per fight, and the only "strain" for her was a 4 minutes fight against the only other elite grappler (Miesha Tate) she has ever met (and imo this is gonna be even more evident when she'll finally smash cyborg's arm for good).
I'm rather thinking about the two UFC bouts between Anderson Silva, unanimously considered the best pound for pound MMA fighter ever, and Chael Sonnen. Sonnen, an elite grappler, was the only one in these years of Silva's dominance to ever clearly dominate Silva in the cage....and he did in both of their fights, each time losing for dumb mistakes, which a champion like Silva capitalized.
lebell is a legend but he may have reason to big up his own discipline, especialy since he has had a hand in training ronda!

sonnen/silva is imo not a great analogy cos sonnen's background is folkstyle wrestlin and ronda is a judoka... makes a big difference. if u want to run with that, silva smashed the last judo black belt he fought (okami) and has walked thru grapplers before, maia, leites, lutter, marquardt, henderson...

so... yeah. grappling doesnt automaticly beat striking, epseically with someone as skilled as bruce lee. and lee wasnt totally hopeless when it came to grappling, it is part of jkd...

as i said, ronda could beat up loads of guys but lee was just an exceptional dude.
Old 10-Jul-12, 23:53
Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

that fight would be really unfair. bruce lee would be nowadays way over his prime. born 1940, he would 72 years old

but it is strange that their stats are really the same , i mean both size and weight. one is a male, the other female. an theylook to be built differntly. bruce lee has more muscle definition,..

"Ronda Rousey would eat Bruce Lee for lunch"-Gene LeBell

concerning this..

i can only say seeing that sexy pics of rhonda "

" I would eat Ronda Rousey for lunch, and for dinner"

she look really hot and beautiful in this pics. her body looks even better than in her other pictures. she has allways a cute face and a wonderful smile.
Old 11-Jul-12, 00:22
Points: 24,889, Level: 68 Points: 24,889, Level: 68 Points: 24,889, Level: 68
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepinbin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
so... yeah. grappling doesnt automaticly beat striking, epseically with someone as skilled as bruce lee.
You're right about that of course, nothing is an absolute, but between a pure grappler and a pure striker, a pure grappler will win the majority of time just because it's easier to defend punches and close the distance to clinch. It also depends on how good the grappler and the striker actually are at their own discipline.
Of course I'm not saying nothing new since this has always been an age old debate, but imo it's just a logical fact that in general grappling>striking..

As for ronda vs bruce I really don't know lol, you're probably right, we're underestimating the poor old bruce, but I guess the simple fact that we are even considering this as a legitimate fight would be unthinkable only a few years ago.Back in the days when bruce was bruce, people wouldn't stand the idea that a female could beat bruce at his own art.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Jul-12, 04:18
Points: 5,514, Level: 31 Points: 5,514, Level: 31 Points: 5,514, Level: 31
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Nobody even knows if Ronda can take a punch yet, because she hasn't had to. Let her fight Sarah Kaufman first, then Cyborg. If she can stand up to those strikers, then maybe a thread like this is realistic.