Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Feb-22, 14:55
Banned
Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32
Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5%

Default Re: WOW Julianna Pena Taps Nunes With RNC @ 3:23 Of 2nd Round!

As always here people seem to be shocked that a male wins. Obviously he was probably only a little bigger & stronger, or I doubt those watching would allow them to fight.

The point was, while she was no where close to where she is today, a male beat her pretty bad.

The fact people here are obsessed in the male/female dynamic (yes I know that is exactly what this site is) and surprised that men can actually win is why I find these posts somewhat comical.
The Following User Says Thank You to fvsfforever For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Feb-22, 01:38
Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51 Points: 13,908, Level: 51
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,438 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvsfforever [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As always here people seem to be shocked that a male wins. Obviously he was probably only a little bigger & stronger, or I doubt those watching would allow them to fight.

The point was, while she was no where close to where she is today, a male beat her pretty bad.

The fact people here are obsessed in the male/female dynamic (yes I know that is exactly what this site is) and surprised that men can actually win is why I find these posts somewhat comical.
I don't understand how did you infer that I'm surprised that man can beat women from what I said lol, of course men can beat women and as a matter of fact the amount of MvF match-ups where the male would win is astronomically higher than the other way around because men are much stronger on average, high level male fighters blow elite female fighters out of the water and all the other stuff we all already know.
At best I can be surprised by a specific man beating a specific woman when there are specific reasons that led me to believe the woman is the favourite.

In this case I'm not shocked that this man won exactly because we don't know anything about him and because she had just started training at the time, it's too vague to be surprised or to draw any kind of conclusion.

If for example it turns out he was some unathletic wimp or if it happened today to her current self I would be surprised but it's not the case.

Quote:
Obviously he was probably only a little bigger & stronger, or I doubt those watching would allow them to fight.
I already said that I don't think there was an huge size difference but size alone doesn't tell us much about how strong, fast, athletic or good at figthing he was.
There can be truly huge differences in strenght and other athletic attributes even among men with the same size and physique, not to mention in fighting abilites.

Moreover we don't know if there were people watching when they mutually agreed to go in an alley and duke it out, I find much more likely there was no one around.
If their collagues were around you would expect them to prevent them from fighting no matter the size difference.
Even if we assume they were around and they were fine with letting a girl and man fight in an alley because it's her choice and she was confidentto win then I would not be surprised if they let them do it even if there was a size difference that was pretty significant (eg 140 lbs Juliana vs a 180 lbs guy or something like that) but still not so large that it would not be considered a "fair match-up".

Quote:
The fact people here are obsessed in the male/female dynamic (yes I know that is exactly what this site is) and surprised that men can actually win is why I find these posts somewhat comical
I'm not sure what is so comical about what I said, unless you find comical the fact itself that some people may be interested in how female outliers (such as athletes or trained martial artists) exactly compare to the average of the male population.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 28-Feb-22 at 01:53.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Mar-22, 13:11
Banned

The point is she got beaten up and learned from it.... Good for her.

Of course the excuses then start from those here.

In the real world men probably win 80-90%of the time.

The obsession here for details is what I was commenting on.
The Following User Says Thank You to fvsfforever For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Mar-22, 15:28
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvsfforever [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The point is she got beaten up and learned from it.... Good for her.

Of course the excuses then start from those here.

In the real world men probably win 80-90%of the time.
Absolutely not if we are talking about regular, untrained men vs professional female MMA fighters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Mar-22, 16:31
Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100 Points: 57,567, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,748 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Absolutely not if we are talking about regular, untrained men vs professional female MMA fighters.
This kind of attitude (fvsf) only serves to make it humiliating whenever a male loses to a female regardless of training, age, fitness level, etc.

Putting so much stock into the biological superiority of a male, any male, when it comes to anything physical (fighting, grappling, etc) will only lead you down this path.

I have my own theories about what happened here but like you say, there are too many unknowns.
Old 01-Mar-22, 16:57
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This kind of attitude (fvsf) only serves to make it humiliating whenever a male loses to a female regardless of training, age, fitness level, etc.

Putting so much stock into the biological superiority of a male, any male, when it comes to anything physical (fighting, grappling, etc) will only lead you down this path.

I have my own theories about what happened here but like you say, there are too many unknowns.
FvsF already admitted in other threads that he doesn't know anything about BJJ, so the problem is that he clearly doesn't realize how truly massive the gap between an highly skilled grappler and a person that doesn't know how to grapple is, it's almost ridicolous how large it is but it's hard to grasp until you experience it first-hand.
Like I can attest from experience BJJ can allow you to overcame even huge size and strength differences (altough there are still limits) if the other person doesn't know how to grapple.
But even if you don't trust me on my word you can find all the evidence you want by just asking on a martial arts board or by searching videos of old school, no rules fights between trained grapplers and much bigger and stronger untrained street brawlers.

Add to it that professional female fighters are usually also physically stronger than a large percentage of men to begin with, which is something I posted factual statistical evidences of in the previous posts, and it should be a no brainer to understand that a professional female fighter who is also an highly skilled grappler (which is something Juliana was not at the time) would beat the vast majority of untrained men in a fight.
Quote:
Feel free to share them, I would be interested in hearing your take.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Mar-22, 19:23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
FvsF already admitted in other threads that he doesn't know anything about BJJ, so the problem is that he clearly doesn't realize how truly massive the gap between an highly skilled grappler and a person that doesn't know how to grapple is, it's almost ridicolous how large it is but it's hard to grasp until you experience it first-hand.
Like I can attest from experience BJJ can allow you to overcame even huge size and strength differences (altough there are still limits) if the other person doesn't know how to grapple.
But even if you don't trust me on my word you can find all the evidence you want by just asking on a martial arts board or by searching videos of old school, no rules fights between trained grapplers and much bigger and stronger untrained street brawlers.

Add to it that professional female fighters are usually also physically stronger than a large percentage of men to begin with, which is something I posted factual statistical evidences of in the previous posts, and it should be a no brainer to understand that a professional female fighter who is also an highly skilled grappler (which is something Juliana was not at the time) would beat the vast majority of untrained men in a fight.

Feel free to share them, I would be interested in hearing your take.
It was a street fight and he dropped her three times. I am sure he was bigger than her but probably not much. If he knew any martial arts I'm sure that would have come out prior and she may not have been so sure of herself.

Or maybe she just was too cocky.

So I imagine you'd only be happy if you found out he was 60-70 pounds heavier with 6" on her or a black belt in BJJ. That would make it understandable?

I give up debating.

Last edited by fvsfforever; 01-Mar-22 at 19:33.
Old 01-Mar-22, 19:50
Last Achievements

Quote:
It was a street fight and he dropped her three times. I am sure he was bigger than her but probably not much. If he knew any martial arts I'm sure that would have come out prior and she may not have been so sure of herself.

Or maybe she just was too cocky.
Maybe, but even something like 6-8 months of boxing or wrestling training taken many years before would help immensely compared to being untrained and at the same time they would be considered negligible enough by most people to not get mentioned.
Ultimately is all speculation which is exactly why it's not worthy to make a big deal about it and to draw general conclusions about female fighters due to lack informations of like I said.

Quote:

So I imagine you'd only be happy if you found out he was 60-70 pounds heavier with 6" on her or a black belt in BJJ. That would make it understandable?

I give up debating.
You should not have started debating in the first place if you are not going to bother reading my posts and keep repeating the same stuff, I already addressed that you don't need to be 6'4 220 lbs or a BJJ black belt to be way stronger or faster/more athletic than average.

And I still don't understand what's your point to be honest, that most untrained men could beat a girl like Juliana?
Because if it is I just completely disagree with it and honestly I don't see how anyone who is even mildy knowledgeable about combat sports could think it, but in this case we could at least agree to disagree an move on.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 01-Mar-22 at 19:57.