Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Aug-16, 01:14
Points: 302, Level: 6 Points: 302, Level: 6 Points: 302, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Can a male pro athlete beat a smaller, female pro MMA fighter?

I get it guys. We all have the fetish. But some of us are not so blinded to face reality. Ronda and any other elite MMA female would not stand an ice waters chance in hell in a real fight with a guy like that. Come on guys, get off that fantasy cloud once in a while. Sheesh.
Old 20-Aug-20, 08:28
Points: 4,089, Level: 26 Points: 4,089, Level: 26 Points: 4,089, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Well.
I've seen many of mixed fights in internet when a female won. And in all those vids male losers looked more subtle than their female opponent. They looked simply physically weaker and often even smaller.

If a guy is ~10-20cm taller than a girl and they are in same weight category, it means than she most probably has more muscles.

So in all (or almost all) those vids loser guys were not only outskilled but simply outstrengthed.
And i have never seen a video when a girl (even a pro) kickassed a bigger guy who was really looking like an athlete in competitive fight (where no one was drunk and no one played the fool).

But if a big strong robber/rapist is trying to do something to a girl not expecting she knows how to fight back, she has good chances to knock him down (or even out). Because the strongest hit is an unexpected hit.
Old 21-Sep-20, 15:47
Points: 1,921, Level: 17 Points: 1,921, Level: 17 Points: 1,921, Level: 17
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

A well trained nobody could probably wipe the floor with the no.1 female MMA fighter. A very competent amateur, not somebody on his 3rd year of training tuesdays.
Old 30-Dec-20, 04:16
Points: 2,658, Level: 21 Points: 2,658, Level: 21 Points: 2,658, Level: 21
Last Achievements

I feel the need to come to Miesha Tate's defense regarding that video of her playing around with some fat guy called Dirty Man. I'll just list some points here in no particular order.

1.) Generally men are bigger, more muscular human beings than women...duh! No shame on women for that and certainly not a bragging point for men either, it's just biology.
2.) ..but back to Miesha. That video with the fat dude was definitely not a real fight. It seemed like some type of silly exhibition.
3.) No matter his level of skill or fitness you cannot discount his weight advantage. He must have her by 80-100 lbs.
4.) Even with that advantage, anyone notice it was the man wearing protective headgear, not Miesha.
5.) Miesha was also wearing padding over her shins and feet to protect him from her kicks.
6.) He did end up on top in her guard. That occurred because she went for a take down, something she absolutely would never do in a real fight against someone with such a huge weight advantage. They were just playing around.
7.) Miesha would whip this guy in the octagon. In the 1st round she would stay away, not letting him take her down. He is not an athlete and has no martial arts skill so she would spend the round destroying his leg with kicks. Five minutes of kicking the crap out of his leg. Next round she starts throwing kicks at his body, face, and head all the while continuing to abuse his leg and avoiding a take down. Eventually he would be so exhausted and or hurt that she beats him easily. Of course if he got on top of her it would be bad news for her but even then she could still try to quickly go for an arm bar. Again, he's not skilled and doesn't really know how to defend against those things.
8.) In conclusion, I'm only defending Miesha Tate in that video. Of course some 250 pound male athlete could defeat a top female fighter but the same athlete could also defeat a 130 lb male professional fighter as well. The male fighter would of course put up a better fight before losing because, although only 130 lbs, he would have more muscle mass than a female fighter.
Old 30-Dec-20, 04:42
Points: 13,948, Level: 51 Points: 13,948, Level: 51 Points: 13,948, Level: 51
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,440 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I feel the need to come to Miesha Tate's defense regarding that video of her playing around with some fat guy called Dirty Man. I'll just list some points here in no particular order.

1.) Generally men are bigger, more muscular human beings than women...duh! No shame on women for that and certainly not a bragging point for men either, it's just biology.
2.) ..but back to Miesha. That video with the fat dude was definitely not a real fight. It seemed like some type of silly exhibition.
3.) No matter his level of skill or fitness you cannot discount his weight advantage. He must have her by 80-100 lbs.
4.) Even with that advantage, anyone notice it was the man wearing protective headgear, not Miesha.
5.) Miesha was also wearing padding over her shins and feet to protect him from her kicks.
6.) He did end up on top in her guard. That occurred because she went for a take down, something she absolutely would never do in a real fight against someone with such a huge weight advantage. They were just playing around.
7.) Miesha would whip this guy in the octagon. In the 1st round she would stay away, not letting him take her down. He is not an athlete and has no martial arts skill so she would spend the round destroying his leg with kicks. Five minutes of kicking the crap out of his leg. Next round she starts throwing kicks at his body, face, and head all the while continuing to abuse his leg and avoiding a take down. Eventually he would be so exhausted and or hurt that she beats him easily. Of course if he got on top of her it would be bad news for her but even then she could still try to quickly go for an arm bar. Again, he's not skilled and doesn't really know how to defend against those things.
8.) In conclusion, I'm only defending Miesha Tate in that video. Of course some 250 pound male athlete could defeat a top female fighter but the same athlete could also defeat a 130 lb male professional fighter as well. The male fighter would of course put up a better fight before losing because, although only 130 lbs, he would have more muscle mass than a female fighter.
I disagree on the grappling part, the only reason he ended up on top of her was because she was wearing boxing gloves, which massively impaired her ability to grapple and secure top position.
In a real fight without boxing gloves she would have zero trouble taking him down and dominating him.
An advantage of 80 lbs of pure belly fat is not going to help you much when you are untrained, out of shape and are against an high level grappler.

I speak for experience, once I have grappled with boxing gloves against a guy 45 lbs heavier than me that I used to easily submit at will under normal circumstances, and he defeated me without much trouble.
You can't grip, you have trouble fitting your hand through for underhooks or overhooks, even basing on the floor is very awkard etc....you basically can't use a lot of the technical stuff you would need to keep control of an heavier and stronger but less technical opponent, while he can still use his size and weight/mass advantage to push you around.

Miesha is a poor striker (for professional fighter standards) and a great wrestler/grappler, so sparring with boxing gloves was a bad idea for her, especially considering that the opponent was wearing headgear and stuff like you said.

Said that, I assume she still beaten him.
The footage cut early, but she was never in danger of losing and he was probably less than a minute away from collapsing from exhaustion while she could have kept going the whole day.
Even being on top of her didn't do him any good him since he was inside her guard with his posture broken, she was still safe and in control of the situation.
Old 30-Dec-20, 04:47
Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Seems people her confuse athleticism, strength and power with fighting skills.

You can be stronger and faster etc if the other person is just way better at technique, timing, distance and how to use power you are going to lose.

The idea that a basketball player can stand a chance against a full time combat sports athlete (male or female) seems ludicrous.

Comparing, running, skiing or swimming with fighting does not make sense.
Old 30-Dec-20, 04:54
Points: 2,658, Level: 21 Points: 2,658, Level: 21 Points: 2,658, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Good point and thanks, I forgot to mention the giant boxing gloves she was wearing. That is a huge disadvantage for her. I did say that even from the bottom she could probably still slap an arm-bar on him. However, I still believe in a real fight her corner would absolutely advise her not to go for take downs against such a heavy opponent. Although not considered a great striker by pro standards she could still easily kick the crap out that unskilled dude. Either way, we both agree Miesha wins.
Old 30-Dec-20, 05:01
Points: 2,053, Level: 18 Points: 2,053, Level: 18 Points: 2,053, Level: 18
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

I find all of these posts very interesting...in terms of an mma fight I can't really say, but in terms of grappling, I can tell you from personal experience it is possible for a strong former pro athlete to tap female mma fighters.
Old 30-Dec-20, 05:07
Points: 13,948, Level: 51 Points: 13,948, Level: 51 Points: 13,948, Level: 51
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,440 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadzman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I find all of these posts very interesting...in terms of an mma fight I can't really say, but in terms of grappling, I can tell you from personal experience it is possible for a strong former pro athlete to tap female mma fighters.
Well, tell us more about this personal experience if you don't mind. XD
Old 30-Dec-20, 05:26
Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadzman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You tapped female mma fighters?
Or have you seen it happen?