Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Rage vs Michael (humiliation finish).
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-224.

Old 17-Jan-16, 17:56
Points: 5,470, Level: 31 Points: 5,470, Level: 31 Points: 5,470, Level: 31
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: brooksie's wrestling reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He's ger8 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm sorry but I'm not Gerd. I've never been involved in a mixed wrestling video. If Pulse videos needs an opponent for Jane however......
Old 17-Jan-16, 18:02
Administrator
Points: 691,761, Level: 100 Points: 691,761, Level: 100 Points: 691,761, Level: 100
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 103,366 Times in 9,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger8 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If Pulse videos needs an opponent for Jane however......
We do. Do you live in Czech Republic / can travel? What are your stats? Please [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], so that we don't ruin this topic.
Old 17-Jan-16, 20:06
Points: 37,546, Level: 85 Points: 37,546, Level: 85 Points: 37,546, Level: 85
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,546 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grap784 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I love the idea of a thread dedicated to reviewing videos. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a sub-forum created here specifically for reviewing videos.
I think this is a great idea. I actually was going to buy a video but there was music (again with the music!!) playing in the preview so I couldn't tell if there was trash talk. When I mentioned that on Twitter I was told, "Buy it and find out." Of course I didn't buy the video.

But Z, I hope we can do this. It would be fantastic.
Old 17-Jan-16, 20:10
Administrator
Points: 691,761, Level: 100 Points: 691,761, Level: 100 Points: 691,761, Level: 100
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 103,366 Times in 9,236 Posts

I haven't seen much video reviews posted, as opposed to, say, session reviews, which don't have their subforum either. It is a rarity at the forum at the moment. If this changes we can, of course, create a subforum.
Old 17-Jan-16, 20:37
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,543 Times in 781 Posts

If there is enough interest in posting reviews, and others would like to join in, I'd be happy to see this thread title converted to, say "Wrestling Video Reviews" or something that doesn't bear my name. I think creating a sub-forum, at least at this stage, is premature.
The Following User Says Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jan-16, 18:55
Points: 4,463, Level: 28 Points: 4,463, Level: 28 Points: 4,463, Level: 28
Last Achievements

I agree with the idea of a subforum but understand the concern of vapid reviews. Perhaps it should be moderated and only gets posted after it proves worthy based on established ground rules.
Old 18-Jan-16, 19:19
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV123 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree with the idea of a subforum but understand the concern of vapid reviews. Perhaps it should be moderated and only gets posted after it proves worthy based on established ground rules.
You volunteering?
Old 18-Jan-16, 22:29
Banned
Last Achievements

I'm going to take a quick detour here. I was planning on a review of Raquel vs Victoria and I will get to that one but today I'm going to review a video from Mixed Wrestling Planet. There are some great action pics and previews from their various matches on the website but this is the first opportunity I've had to see an entire match.

MWP doesn't number their videos but identifies them by title instead. This one is called: "No Hope For Bryan".

Hope vs Bryan, Mixed Wrestling Planet

This is a jobber match, semi-competitive but one that's done fairly well. The male opponent (Bryan) is a young guy, looks in good shape but fairly average. Medium height and build is how I'd describe him. Hope, on the other hand, is a thin girl at 5'8 and 115lbs, according to the website. She does have a hard-bodied athletic physique. Her legs look strong but, unfortunately, she's wearing tights so it's hard to judge how muscular they really are. That would be a point of criticism, the tights. I don't think every girl has to wear a tiny thong but at least tight-fitting gym shorts. Show the legs!

I don't know if there was an introduction that was cut out or if all their videos open with the combatants on the mat and ready to go, but that was how this one started. Hope starts off aggressively and stays that way throughout the match. The first engagement sees them with dual headlocks on each other but she has scissored one of this legs and takes him down in an awkward-looking trip. He puts one hand down to break his fall and, by the time he's fully on the mat, Hope has already converted her leg scissor into a bodyscissor.

This is where the video stands up well. He doesn't just lie and writhe in pain, her legs supposedly "crushing the life out of him" and he doesn't do the fake screaming/moaning in agony. Instead he tries to fight his way out of it. Hope has his head wrapped up with both arms, keeping it close to her chest and not allowing him to twist out of her scissors hold. She rolls him onto his back but he keeps fighting and eventually she loses the position.

Realizing she's lost the bodyscissors, she does a quick single-leg grapevine. Bryan is distracted long enough by that for her to reposition her legs and get a headscissor. She can't quite get it so settles for a chest-scissors, her legs just under his arms. It was a good demonstration of the chess-match analogy that's often applied to wrestling - how one opponent seems to be a step or two ahead of the other in terms of anticipating the action and what's likely to happen next. She demonstrates that ability throughout the video.

The scissors isn't that tight and she can't lock the hold on so she abandons the position and goes for a headlock instead. He gets to his knees and here does plays the jobber as he doesn't attempt to stand and free himself from the headlock but instead allows himself to be rolled onto his back. She secures a tight choke and maintains her position with a single leg grapevine. This is a move she employs several times during the contest and it seems very effective, more so than the double leg version and it made me wonder why more women don't use it. Hope forms a solid base with her legs and has the choke locked on. It doesn't look fake at all but really quite uncomfortable and Bryan taps out.

This only gets us to 1:45 of a fifteen minute video, so there's a lot more action left. I won't have space to describe it all but the opening segment sums up pretty well the tone of the rest of the video. Hope seems like she has a strong scissor hold and I know from personal experience that some girls with thinner legs can really put a hurtful squeeze on. She is also very good with her grapevine holds. She doesn't get any submissions with them but they are difficult for Bryan to get out of and forces him to expend a lot of energy. You can see her constantly adjusting, using her feet and toes even to try to keep it locked. She also uses, as mentioned earlier, the single leg grapevine to good effect.

She wins the next two falls with headscissors, one a straight leg version that looked tight and painful. The second one was an unorthodox type of figure four. The submission may have been a bit suspect, it was hard to tell because I'd never really seen that type of scissor hold before.

The next submission is also from a straight-leg headscissor, preceded by a bit more jobber action. Bryan attacks Hope before she can get to her feet, takes her down and applies a headlock that he doesn't bother to tighten up, allowing her to eventually fight her way out, move to mount and then the scissors.

The next submission is worth a bit of space in this review as it began with another position I'd never seen before, a reverse grapevine. She has him face down on the mat and uses her long legs to snake under his thighs and hook her feet over his ankles. It looks like there's a lot less leverage to escape than the conventional version of the hold and Bryan has to struggle hard before he finally gets enough leverage to roll out and to his side. Hope, as she is throughout, was ready with her next assault, a bodyscissors/choke hold combo which finishes him off.

At this point Bryan gets a bit more "jobber-y" and she racks up a few more submissions. No victory pose at the end but she does get to her feet by posting one of them on his chest as she stands but that's all. She walks off the mat and out of frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14310831961302409183.jpg (160.2 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by brooksie; 19-Jan-16 at 19:57. Reason: add pic
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-16, 21:42
Banned
Last Achievements

This is a video from wrestlingmonica.com. It was posted to:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

in Sept/14 but I can't be certain when the match actually occurred. This video would probably fit the criteria of "smaller woman dominates larger one" as there is quite a size difference between them. Their stats weren't given here but I've seen them elsewhere. Raquel's around 5'5, i30 and Victoria about 5'9 145-150. Rough estimates, don't quote me.

Raquel vs Victoria, wrestlingmonica.com

I can't review this video without commenting on the absurd setting. The match was held in a small, rectangular-shaped room in which the "producers" had laid down a series of individual mats that looked to be about seven ft. wide and sixteen to eighteen ft. long. There's a reason combat arenas, be they rings, cages or just an open gym floor, are not laid out in a rectangle. The fighters rarely move back and forth. In this case, they had more length than they were using and not nearly enough width. They needed a space that was more of a square than a rectangle.

Ok, so the room is tiny, at least width-wise. There's about a foot of floor space on one side, about two on the other. Into this already inadequate area, they crammed a perv-row in. It's so tight their feet are literally on the mat, there's nowhere else for them to be, they barely fit the chairs in. You see this kind of thing all the time in wrestling videos but I have to say, the Brits seem particularly bad when in comes to using stupidly small spaces. It's hard for me to imagine anyone looking at that room and thinking "oh yeah, this will do".

And it gets worse. Of course the action had to be stopped several times as Raquel and Victoria crashed into either the wall or the perv-row. They were at risk the entire time of hitting their heads on something. This wasn't a start-on-your-knees powder puff match. They began on their feet and there were some hard throws with a lot of force generated. On the floor space opposite the perv-row there was a first aid kit. Not sure if it was metal or plastic but it had sharp corners on it. I noticed it right away. A few minutes into the match, when Victoria cracked her head on it, I was certain the so-called referee would too and maybe, you know, move it? No such luck, he just left it there.

This brings me to the next point of absurdity with this video, the complete fool who was play-acting at being the referee. I've seen this guy in a few other vids from the same company, tall skinny but with a fat gut, thinning wispy gray hair, glasses and apparently bad knees because he doesn't seem to be able to do anything other than place his hands on this thighs and lean to the side. The question is, what the hell is he looking at. For some reason this guy seemed to think he needed to be two feet from the wrestlers at all times. He's in the camera frame for pretty much the entire video, sometimes getting in the way and having to do an awkward jump so he doesn't come into contact with the wrestlers. It wouldn't have been an issue in the first place had he kept a reasonable distance. Even MMA refs don't hover like this guy was.

Some submissions he just called out but for others he did this weird thing where he'd rush over to Raquel. By the time he got to her, she'd already released the hold but he acted as if he thought she wouldn't unless he was there to tap her on the shoulder. The other strange thing he would do it hold his hand a couple of inches away from her when she had Victoria in a hold, so he could tap her shoulder right away. Again, totally pointless and unnecessary. By the end of this video I really hated this guy. Not once did he perform any ref-like function or really do anything at all, other than get in the way. I know it seems like I'm reviewing the production more than the wrestlers, but it's hard not to, considering how ridiculous the setting and the referee were.

The match itself was all Raquel, she won by 6-0 and generated all the offense. The pattern of her taking Victoria down, getting her back and working for the choke was established early. There were also a couple of scissor submissions. It was a fantastic display of wrestling ability by Raquel but basically a mis-match. Victoria had a pretty rough time of it, being choked out several times and experiencing several throws where she was slammed hard to the mat. There were a few times between falls where it seemed she was in a bit of distress, possibly even injured and the only one who paid the slightest bit of attention was Raquel who several times had to make sure Victoria was ok and able to continue.

There was a real chance these women could have been injured due to the incompetence and really, just plain stupidity of the production staff and the joke of a referee. I have to give both of them credit for performing so well under the circumstances. Had been me, I would have punched the ref in the face and walked out, making sure I stepped the feet of the perv-row as I did.

Last edited by brooksie; 19-Jan-16 at 23:09.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-16, 22:37
Points: 12,343, Level: 48 Points: 12,343, Level: 48 Points: 12,343, Level: 48
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%
Last Achievements

Thank you for the summary. Your writing style is descriptive and easy to follow.
The Following User Says Thank You to klp54chev For This Useful Post: