Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

View Poll Results: Who would win
Goddess Severa 60 26.09%
Mike Tyson 170 73.91%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-Jun-20, 11:51
Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Goddess Severa vs Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk_eye [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's actually not. The original question before you and the rest of the lunatic fringe hijacked this thread was......."What would it happen in real fight, who would win"?

The answer of course is that if Severa got anywhere near Tyson he'd detach her head from her neck before she could get him on the ground.

Carry on.

Because that is what usually happened when boxers went up against grapplers?

Mike Tyson broke his hands in streetfights.
His entire style is designed around:
-wearing gloves that protect his hands from breaking
-his opponent trying to grapple him
-his opponent punching so he can counter
-a ref in place to break up clinching

No gloves and a opponent trying to grapple him is a way different setting that boxing does not prepare for.

Mike Tyson's style was designed around using the peek a boo. Moving his head and weaving underneath and past his opponent's strikes and then hitting them in mid range. He was often shorter so by drawing out their punches he could close in and then counter them with hooks as they missed.
Also notice that during his mid range combos he is standing almost square. Which is a horrible position to defend double legs from.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrestler11 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-20, 12:10
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk_eye [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's actually not. The original question before you and the rest of the lunatic fringe hijacked this thread was......."What would it happen in real fight, who would win"?

The answer of course is that if Severa got anywhere near Tyson he'd detach her head from her neck before she could get him on the ground.

Carry on.

Ground fighters stay outside, go in low for single or double leg takedowns, and put stand-up fighters on their backs.

What evidence shows Tyson would knock her out before she could execute this technique
Old 09-Jun-20, 14:26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ground fighters stay outside, go in low for single or double leg takedowns, and put stand-up fighters on their backs.

What evidence shows Tyson would knock her out before she could execute this technique
Yes, that is what gets overlooked.
The Gracies won by staying in long range or outside of range, either that or all the way in the clinch.
That is why they used long kicks to pick at a guy and once the striker commited to his own strikes they went in for a double or tied the striker up in a clinch.
Punching works best in mid range and they negated that by managing the distance.

In order to keep it in striking range you have to be able to:
-switch from striking to takedown defense on a hair trigger
-be carefull with combinations
-be carefull with power shots
-use a stance that allows takedown defense (often wider)
-cut the cage and corner the person
-avoid getting pressed up against the cage
-defend takedowns and punish them for bad shots
-know enough grappling to defend when getting taken down and move back to the feet

This does net get trained in boxing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrestler11 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-20, 15:58
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestler11 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, that is what gets overlooked.
The Gracies won by staying in long range or outside of range, either that or all the way in the clinch.
That is why they used long kicks to pick at a guy and once the striker commited to his own strikes they went in for a double or tied the striker up in a clinch.
Punching works best in mid range and they negated that by managing the distance.

In order to keep it in striking range you have to be able to:
-switch from striking to takedown defense on a hair trigger
-be carefull with combinations
-be carefull with power shots
-use a stance that allows takedown defense (often wider)
-cut the cage and corner the person
-avoid getting pressed up against the cage
-defend takedowns and punish them for bad shots
-know enough grappling to defend when getting taken down and move back to the feet

This does net get trained in boxing.

Even when heavyweight champion James Toney trained takedown defense, he couldn't stop Randy Couture from putting him on his back.

Like other boxers in MMA, Toney was unable to knock out Couture because Couture stayed out of range ...

And then came too low for Toney's punches to be effective
Old 09-Jun-20, 16:24
ssddfaudhey

This is a never ending debate lol Anyone who has rolled with a BB BJJ praticioner,will agree Tyson at his age now vs Severa...would be a tough go.Its not a matter of if its when she takes him to the ground.
Old 09-Jun-20, 17:23
Points: 279,769, Level: 100 Points: 279,769, Level: 100 Points: 279,769, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 69,152 Times in 6,902 Posts

As you're not moving forwards in any way after 13 pages of debate, why doesn't somebody tweet or facebook the pair of them for their opinions. If they agree on the outcome, the matter is settled. If they don't, then suggest they meet up to find out (after virus lockdown, of course) . I'm sure many of our Producers would be happy to provide a location and filming in exchange for a cut of the $$$ the video would earn.
The Following User Says Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-20, 18:45
Points: 5,101, Level: 30 Points: 5,101, Level: 30 Points: 5,101, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verscont [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As you're not moving forwards in any way after 13 pages of debate, why doesn't somebody tweet or facebook the pair of them for their opinions. If they agree on the outcome, the matter is settled. If they don't, then suggest they meet up to find out (after virus lockdown, of course) . I'm sure many of our Producers would be happy to provide a location and filming in exchange for a cut of the $$$ the video would earn.
Given the fact that he possibly stands to get paid 20 million dollars to box again leads me to believe that he would have zero interest in facing Severa in a boxer vs. grappler match where he would get paid far less.
The Following User Says Thank You to WStreet316 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-20, 19:09
Banned
Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

Ho boy, I made the fanboys mad.

Here's the facts: I think that Ronda Rousey is an overrated joke, but I would give her massively better odds against Tyson because Rousey has fight experience. Ms. Severa might be the top of her class, but until there is some demonstration of application though serious competition, she is still just a student, and I believe that is Severa saw this conversation, she would agree with me.

Why does it have to be Severa, anyway? Why not a woman closer to Tyson's weight class who has competitive experience, such as Gabi Garcia?
The Following User Says Thank You to Backdoorman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jun-20, 20:19
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdoorman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Here's the facts: I think that Ronda Rousey is an overrated joke, but I would give her massively better odds against Tyson because Rousey has fight experience. Ms. Severa might be the top of her class, but until there is some demonstration of application though serious competition, she is still just a student, and I believe that is Severa saw this conversation, she would agree with me.

Why does it have to be Severa, anyway? Why not a woman closer to Tyson's weight class who has competitive experience, such as Gabi Garcia?

Except that she has that black belt.
So she is by far not a student in BJJ and much better than most BJJ people.

Not much people in BJJ get a black belt.

If you want a demonstration of application go spar with a black belt.

Nobody who knows anything about BJJ would agree with you
Old 09-Jun-20, 20:24
Points: 2,708, Level: 21 Points: 2,708, Level: 21 Points: 2,708, Level: 21
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdoorman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Why are you even bothering with this argument? Anyone that competes athletically in anything is well aware of the biological differences. Only people that never touch a person of the opposite sex and who only watch Hollywood movies all day have this weird version of reality and are obsessed with this fantasy/topic.

What do you gain by arguing with these types of people? They have nothing going on with their lives and will keep trolling you, hoping you eventually lose your cool and get yourself banned. Do yourself a favor and just let it go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honeryx For This Useful Post: