Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Rage vs Michael (humiliation finish).
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-224.

Old 28-Dec-20, 14:33
Points: 5,505, Level: 31 Points: 5,505, Level: 31 Points: 5,505, Level: 31
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Last Achievements

Default Objectification of muscular males by girls

Hey,

Interested in opinions on whether people think girls are increasingly objectifying male muscles in society, almost a role reversal from men objectifying girls curves and bodies. Girls objectify the muscles guys put on show and talk about them more dominantly. What do others think?

To put in context, I was at the mall last year and whilst i was waiting to collect something some girls were chatting nearby. They were reading a magazine with actor Zac Efron topless showing off his muscles. I have to say i was shocked when i heard them referring to him as a "hot little muscle bitch" and they critiqued his muscle development compared to some girls they knew and also were very aggressive about what they wanted to do to him. I was pretty stunned to say the least. Does this also seem shocking to others?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e.jpg (117.1 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by redtango; 29-Dec-20 at 16:16.
The Following User Says Thank You to redtango For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Dec-20, 14:48
Points: 3,882, Level: 26 Points: 3,882, Level: 26 Points: 3,882, Level: 26
Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Objectification of muscular males by girls

Among themselves, I think girls have been doing this since forever, and that they also are more willing to comment on female bodies and make explicit comparisons to their own. Anything can be carried too far, but in itself I don't see a problem with this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Dec-20, 15:51
Points: 5,505, Level: 31 Points: 5,505, Level: 31 Points: 5,505, Level: 31
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Last Achievements

I get where you are coming from but don't you think referring to him as a "hot little muscle bitch" is taking it too far, is pretty suggestive of domination? I surprised that girls wouldn't more be impressed or maybe a bit intimidated by a guy like that's muscles.
Old 28-Dec-20, 16:23
Points: 3,253, Level: 23 Points: 3,253, Level: 23 Points: 3,253, Level: 23
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Last Achievements

Anyone who has sisters knows that girls can be far worse than guys in their 'objectification' of the opposite sex. Especially since society has denounced any form of female objectification in the main stream with the 'me too' movement. While objectification of males has always been seen as almost comedic and not to be taken seriously, as the guys should love the attention. No wonder these girls felt brave enough to say these things within earshot of other people, you're far less likely to see the same from guys. I myself have probably been de-sensitized to it, so what they said wouldn't really bother me if I were in the OP's situation.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joulnx10 For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Dec-20, 21:30
Points: 328, Level: 6 Points: 328, Level: 6 Points: 328, Level: 6
Activity: 94.9% Activity: 94.9% Activity: 94.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtango [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I get where you are coming from but don't you think referring to him as a "hot little muscle bitch" is taking it too far, is pretty suggestive of domination? I surprised that girls wouldn't more be impressed or maybe a bit intimidated by a guy like that's muscles.
Efron is jacked. Idk what kind of girl wouldn't be impressed by his physique. You would have to probably a bodybuilder woman, your typical crossfit chick isn't anywhere near as jacked as Efron.
The Following User Says Thank You to JackWrestleboy7i For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Dec-20, 13:56
Points: 3,882, Level: 26 Points: 3,882, Level: 26 Points: 3,882, Level: 26
Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtango [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Impressed is one thing; intimidated is another. Girls are attracted to guys with muscle and like the idea of dominating them. They have the psychological advantage and also sometimes operate in gangs, especially at the early adolescent level. Girls can get by with behavior that would land guys in prison or (if younger) in juvie. This isn't 100% a bad thing since it balances out what would otherwise be an overwhelming male physical advantage on average which would lead to a muscle might makes right relationship between the sexes.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Dec-20, 14:08
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%

I guess I’m more shocked about your surprise. It’s natural to have a degree of attraction to that which we find appealing, and often, there’s a certain source or reason for that attraction. PC Culture is really the new thing in this context. A woman once “objectified” me when I licked my fingers, while eating chicken wings. It happens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saito For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Dec-20, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Impressed is one thing; intimidated is another. Girls are attracted to guys with muscle and like the idea of dominating them. They have the psychological advantage and also sometimes operate in gangs, especially at the early adolescent level. Girls can get by with behavior that would land guys in prison or (if younger) in juvie. This isn't 100% a bad thing since it balances out what would otherwise be an overwhelming male physical advantage on average which would lead to a muscle might makes right relationship between the sexes.
Gonna have to disagree with you there

It's been my experience and observation that women like to be dominated by muscular men, not to dominate them.

Women who sexually fantasize about muscular dudes usually want to be dominated by them, often quite roughly.

I also think letting certain groups of people get away with condemnable behaviour is never a good thing.....
The Following User Says Thank You to JackWrestleboy7i For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Dec-20, 15:16
Administrator
Points: 691,761, Level: 100 Points: 691,761, Level: 100 Points: 691,761, Level: 100
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 103,209 Times in 9,234 Posts

This is a woman's world. Notice who is being sought, worked for more. The fact that most men think that we are somehow the dominant sex, or even was ever one, is indicative of the opposite. Women are masters of the universe of emotions. They maneuver in that space skillfully like an experienced Mario player among turtles and pipes.

But every man has a bit of a woman in him, and every woman a bit of a man.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Dec-20, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is a woman's world. Notice who is being sought, worked for more. The fact that most men think that we are somehow the dominant sex, or even was ever one, is indicative of the opposite. Women are masters of the universe of emotions. They maneuver in that space skillfully like an experienced Mario player among turtles and pipes.

But every man has a bit of a woman in him, and every woman a bit of a man.
yet feminists think we live in a patriarchy.