Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 18-Apr-13, 21:21
mixedwrestler1

Default first match

when was first mixed wrestling match ? who were the openents? and how it finished? who won?
Old 19-Apr-13, 10:25
Points: 8,627, Level: 39 Points: 8,627, Level: 39 Points: 8,627, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: first match

My first ever match was in Manchester vs Shelby Beach in 2009. It was a great experience of competitive wrestling, where I gave it my all but still came out on the losing end, just about.

My greater muscle strength allowed me to take a 3-0 lead, mainly through body scissors. However, being inexperienced I used a lot of energy in the first half of the sessions, both with my legs in gaining those submissions - Shelby is very stubbirn - and with my arms in defending against various holds. Shelby basically wore out my arms with different attempts at wrist locks, pins and figure 4s.

Her reverse head scissors and figure 4s were very strong; she didn't hold back, just smacked them on with all she could muster and tapped me out in seconds. Before I knew it it was 3-3 with about 20 mins left. I did manage one more scissor submission, but then spent the last 15 mins more or less trying to survive the onslaught, quite exhausted. In the end she got with me with a grapevine and headlock/choke combination, just before time was up, to win it 5-4.

I had gone into my first session believing a woman could not beat a fit, muscular man of 6 feet, but was wrong and basically was taught a lesson about endurance, technique and tactical skills. Brilliant experience.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mxwrfan For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Apr-13, 13:55
Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,490 Times in 883 Posts

My first match was many years ago when I was in high school
Wrestled a girl from Hawaii who was really into professional wrestling

Started out as just fooling around, then started to get intense

She was short with really strong legs and almost made me submit to her scissors

Eventually got me into a Boston Crab. At first, she was not pulling back, but eventually started really pulling back and sitting in the middle of my back

I kept asking her to stop, and she held the hold for a minute or two before she released it

That's how it al started lol
The Following User Says Thank You to desertgoodguy For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Apr-13, 17:55
Banned
Points: 1,832, Level: 17 Points: 1,832, Level: 17 Points: 1,832, Level: 17
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxwrfan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My first ever match was in Manchester vs Shelby Beach in 2009. It was a great experience of competitive wrestling, where I gave it my all but still came out on the losing end, just about.

My greater muscle strength allowed me to take a 3-0 lead, mainly through body scissors. However, being inexperienced I used a lot of energy in the first half of the sessions, both with my legs in gaining those submissions - Shelby is very stubbirn - and with my arms in defending against various holds. Shelby basically wore out my arms with different attempts at wrist locks, pins and figure 4s.

Her reverse head scissors and figure 4s were very strong; she didn't hold back, just smacked them on with all she could muster and tapped me out in seconds. Before I knew it it was 3-3 with about 20 mins left. I did manage one more scissor submission, but then spent the last 15 mins more or less trying to survive the onslaught, quite exhausted. In the end she got with me with a grapevine and headlock/choke combination, just before time was up, to win it 5-4.

I had gone into my first session believing a woman could not beat a fit, muscular man of 6 feet, but was wrong and basically was taught a lesson about endurance, technique and tactical skills. Brilliant experience.

man,has it been me,i would be winning 9-0 against shelby
Old 19-Apr-13, 18:05
Banned
Points: 10,690, Level: 44 Points: 10,690, Level: 44 Points: 10,690, Level: 44
Last Achievements

Oh, you're a tough guy, alright. Tough on message boards LOL.

Not really the first match, but the first tough match--a girl named Angie. She was a weighlifter and a body builder with really good muscular definition, though not huge. One time the subject of wrestling came up and she said really enjoyed it. I offered to "teach" her.

She came out, took me down with a double leg, and had me on my back before I knew it. (Turned out she had done some wrestling with brothers.) She was over me in a cross body pin at about 0:30; one shoulder down and one barely off the mat. I bridged out but with her weight on me (about 140) I knew I was in trouble. It twisted and turned but couldn't get out. Eventually my bridge collapsed and about 1:00 of the match she started the count...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freestylefan For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Apr-13, 09:16
Points: 7,996, Level: 38 Points: 7,996, Level: 38 Points: 7,996, Level: 38
Last Achievements

My first real mixed match was at a private wrestling "club" run by a friend of a friend & his older brother. They had a small home made ring set up in their basement, & the older brother would invite a few girls he knew over for weekly wrestling parties with a select group of guys.

The format for the parties was "ladies choice", & since I weighed 260lbs at the time (I'm 5'9"), I didn't count on ever getting picked to actually wrestle, just sit & watch, but one night a 5'6", 160lb girl named Rhoda grabbed me by the arm & said "Come on big boy, we're up next"..lol.

We stepped into the ring, & for the next 20 minutes Rhoda proceeded to give me a little "wrestling lesson". I really didn't know what I was doing, but she sure did (her uncle was a pro on the small town circuits, & had taught her all the moves). I was bearhugged, flipped, & "splashed" untill I could barely move! Some of the guys told me later that watching Rhoda work me over was better than anything they'd seen on TV, & she must have had fun doing it, cause she asked me after the match if I was up for being her workout partner. Of course I said yes, & for the next year or so we wrestled several times a week.
The Following User Says Thank You to sensualwrestler For This Useful Post: