Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Sep-15, 20:30
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Whats' real cause men losing to women in wrestling / fights?

kraken, it is possible to have this argument without disrespecting half of the world's population. Consider this your first and last warning.

Tank Abbott is misogynistic douchebag who got his head pounded way too often in the past 20 years, and quoting him makes you sound like one too. And on this forum out of all the places, which is dedicated to admiration of female strength and physical abilities...

Also, moved the topic to Discussions subforum.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Sep-15, 21:16
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahdell2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Soccer is a team based sport, seeing a professional women team getting demolished by amateurs is not surprising, maybe the amateurs worked better as a team, being a team-based sport, it doens't matter if there are one or two good players in a soccer team.

The difference is crystal clear football is a team based sport, martial arts isn't, I'm sorry but it's not rocket science.

Anyway, I'm willing to open my mind to your idea that an "every day man" can beat a professional female martial artist, but if you can't be arsed to provide any evidence to back up your claims then there is no discussion to be made here. The internet is a massive place I'm sure you will find something.
There is also a BIG difference between amateurs in sports and the average every day person. "Amateur" refers to athletes who train every day with the goal of going pro but are not quite at the pro level yet. Amateurs are better at their respective sports than 99% of the rest of the world. "An every day" person like you or me are no where close to amateur level in any sport.
Old 24-Sep-15, 01:41
Banned
Points: 2,141, Level: 18 Points: 2,141, Level: 18 Points: 2,141, Level: 18

Well guys,I made very valid and FUNDAMENTAL points here, which those who disagree can't find anything against....step by step,I made my point.

Also you can not find anything that could justify your world of utopia and fantasy about women being better or stronger in fighting,because simply - they are not.You know that,I know that and every sane person knows that,apart of few severely disoriented,disinformated individuals,or feminists.

I do not have slightest intention to disrespect anyone,neither women and I very much understand, what many may not:

Women and Men are not born to compete, neither to fight each other - they are made to create perfect bond,definition of a natural harmony!!!!

Each gender have different set of their fundamental skills in what they excell and only together they make naturaly perfect bond - where all strength and weaknesses gaps of each sex are filled by strengths and weaknesses of opposite sex.This is like a Swiss Watch.Woman and man are strongest only together, because together they are able to repeat themselves,to survive, to be happy.

Fighting and physical strength is and always has been a domain of men and therefore women can never excell over men in this, same as men will never excell in many other female domain of natural skills!

Don't be mistaken, I am one of you guys,who do have admiration for strong, fit women - but apart of some of you,I do see reality.

Women who are strong are however always seeking partner / male who is stronger than them (natural female instinct)

Women are automatically repulsive of weak men,or men who are weaker than them, (See natural selection),,,

-and they are only interested in someone who is able to protect them and their child-male who is fit and stronger than them.Once male is proved to be weaker than female,as a result of this,she will repulse him one way or the other and loose interest in him.This is only natural reaction.

Last edited by kraken; 24-Sep-15 at 02:52.
Old 24-Sep-15, 03:04
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Michelle Rodriguez has an opinion:

Old 24-Sep-15, 03:39
Points: 3,855, Level: 26 Points: 3,855, Level: 26 Points: 3,855, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Really? So you think that there are some every day men who could beat Ronda Rousey in a fight?
Kraken is right! Not to take away from our fantasies... but Rhonda Rousey is over hyped...over billed...not all that...even if she was bigger...still no match for even a small untrained man! Many males today are wimps...are weak... and give up psychologically, but... in reality... even strong woman... no match for average untrained man!
Old 24-Sep-15, 05:37
Points: 3,048, Level: 22 Points: 3,048, Level: 22 Points: 3,048, Level: 22
Activity: 17.1% Activity: 17.1% Activity: 17.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Michelle Rodriguez has an opinion:

She's an actress. Her field of expertise involves acting, not fighting. She's not even a good actress. If you're going to try the appeal to authority angle, at least pick one that won't cause people to point and laugh at you.

I already provided opinions from real experts in the field of martial arts. You have a washed-up meathead and a mediocre actress. The bell's already been rung, and the fight is over.
The Following User Says Thank You to furrygrappler For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Sep-15, 12:18
Banned

Tank Abbott has obviously reacted to Ronda's bragging addressed to Floyd M.

He is one of the grandfathers of Mma and also it's living legends,despite his upside downs.This guy is getting old man now,but he have undeniable knowledge as he have seen it all...

I fully agree with his laughing expressions, as reaction to hypothetical fight between Ronda and Floyd.

For those who do not know who Floyd is,he is undefeated champion in light weight boxing, out of 49 matches he have 49 wins,0 loses and won by KO 26 times

If someone thinks,he would loose to a WOMAN in any fight,that makes great joke.This guy would beat the living shit out of majority of even highly trained men,I am not even talking woman...Any woman included Ronda would be demolished in no time send straight to hospital and her brain cells would possibly never be recovered.There is no woman on this planet,who had a slightest chance to beat this guy in any fight,on the foot or on the ground.

Speaking of Abbott's offer to any woman on Earth,who thinks may have a chance against him,offering 100K's, and him fighting for free,with only sandwich required,,,this guy knows very well, there is simply non of the women who could stand a slightest chance, despite his age and no training promise.

Hypothetically, I do not think any of these matches will ever be accepted, neither will non of them take place,I doubt there will be crazy enough woman taking this challenge included Ronda, but if that happens,it will be purely for entertainment businesses and most likely staged ahead of time
Old 24-Sep-15, 13:36
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Talking about Ronda Rousey Fighting a Man
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Fightland Blog

If you’ve been paying any attention to MMA since UFC 184, you’ve probably read, heard and/or seen some discussion about whether or not UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who continues to plow through her divisional opponents in record-breaking fashion, could, should, or will fight a man at some point.

Joe Rogan has speculated that she could beat at least half of the men’s bantamweight division. Dana White, who has previously asserted that Rousey could take boxer Floyd Mayweather in a street fight, joked about moving her over to the men’s division. Then MMA writers, fans, and even sports betting site Bovada weighed in on the topic.

It’s a weird debate, because who really wants to see that happen? It’s an offensive debate, because it undermines Rousey’s current dominance and implies that she’s only good for a girl, and that fighting a man would better prove her worth as a real fighter. It’s also a moot point, because she has clearly stated that she will not fight a man and has no interest in doing so. But the conversation is, at best, only showing moderate signs of stopping. Just yesterday, for example, bantamweight fighter Jessica Eye was asked to weigh in on the subject (Eye says women shouldn’t fight men).

With that in mind, we came up with a handy list of suggestions for anyone who wants to weigh in on the great Ronda Rousey vs A Man debate in a way that isn’t stupid, irrational, or just plain sexist.

1. Think of women’s divisions as their own weight classes.

Weight classes exist to pit people who are, within reason, physically similar to each other. A flyweight might have certain strengths against a heavyweight, like endurance and speed, but they will also have significant weaknesses in the areas of strength and size. It doesn’t necessarily mean that one is better than the other. It just means that they’re so incredibly different that there’s absolutely no point in making them fight each other. This is the exact same reason that we have separate women’s divisions. Women’s bodies and hormones—and this goes for both cis and trans women—come with a completely different level of strength, speed, weight distribution, and ability to cut weight, among a whole host of other things. This does not mean that they’re better or worse than their males counterparts. It simply means that they’re different. Separating by size and sex is what keeps fights both fair and interesting.

2. Conduct your speculation accordingly.

We all argue about who the greatest pound for pound fighters are. Most of us probably fantasize about how significantly different sized fighters would fare against each other. That’s a normal part of being a fan, and Rousey and the other women of the UFC can be included in the conversation. But think of pitting men against women in much the same way you’d think about, say, Demetrious Johnson facing Cain Velasquez. Many of us might wonder how that matchup would go down, but very few of us expect them to fight each other. It would be disrespectful to both men and their unique accomplishments with totally different bodies, and it just wouldn’t make sense. The same standard should apply to any discussions of men vs. women in MMA.

3. Understand what equality means in the context of MMA.

Women shouldn’t have to fight men to prove they’re elite fighters. They should be accepted as just as good (or better) if their fights in their division prove that they’re as good. This is about women being just as valid as men, not about women being just the same as, or better than men.

4. Keep your ego out of the conversation.

Whether you’re some random dude who has never set foot in a dojo or Ian McCall, it might be fun to try to look at the conversation in a way that doesn’t automatically assume that losing to a highly trained and decorated woman is gross, humiliating and/or unfathomable. That attitude isn’t just an insult to the woman in question, it’s an insult to the martial arts she’s trained in.

5. Do not, at ANY point, make a joke or point at a trans athlete’s expense.

Either in the context of women fighting men or in any context whatsoever. It’s unnecessary and hateful. That goes for everyone, including fighters.

6. On a side note, asking all female athletes in different disciplines if they think they can fight each other isn’t that much more useful or interesting than asking women if they can fight men.

Dominant female athletes are not the Highlander; there can be more than one. So it serves no purpose (besides cheap gossip and traffic) to ask Laila Ali, a boxer, if she thinks she can take Rousey, a mixed martial artist, in a fight. They do different things. They have different skill sets. Ali said as much when she was first asked by TMZ, saying, “For one, I’m not a UFC fighter, she’s not a boxer.” Yes, she did go on to say that “No woman can beat me, period.” But...

7. Don’t expect professional athletes to speculate that they might lose to someone.

Laila Ali is not going to say that she couldn’t defeat Rousey. Rousey is not going to say that she couldn’t beat a man. Whether they’re being perfectly scientific and logical about the assessment is beside the point. Thinking that anyone can defeat you and admitting it are detrimental to an athlete’s psyche. This is what Rousey was getting at when she stated that “I never say that I’m incapable of beating anybody, because I don’t believe in putting limits on myself. So I mean, I would have to say if you’re just talking about what’s in the realm of possibility of what’s possible of who I could beat, well I could beat 100 percent of them. You can’t tell me that there’s a zero chance that I can beat anyone on the planet, so I’m never going to say that.”

Women in all walks of life are consistently asked to be humble and diminish their strengths and accomplishments. This is bullshit, but it’s particularly egregious when it’s actually part of their jobs to believe they’re awesome, undefeatable athletes.

8. Accept that it’s never actually going to happen.

Rousey herself said so. “It’s not a reality,” she told CBS Sports’ Doug Gottlieb last week. “They’re not gonna do anything like that. Fights are chaotic. Anything can happen. And there’s no setting in which we should condone a man hitting a woman.”

Her mother also dismissed the entire notion as dumb.

“That’s a stupid idea,” Yahoo Sports quoted AnnaMaria De Mars as saying last week. “Seriously, that’s a stupid idea. I’m as much a feminist as anyone but the fact is that biologically, there’s a difference between men and women. Hello. Duh. A woman who is 135 pounds and a man who is 135 pounds are not physically equal.”

9. Consider maybe talking about anything else.

Remember Cyborg?
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Sep-15, 13:54
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Whats' real cause men losing to women in wrestling / fights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Talking about Ronda Rousey Fighting a Man
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Fightland Blog

If you’ve been paying any attention to MMA since UFC 184, you’ve probably read, heard and/or seen some discussion about whether or not UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who continues to plow through her divisional opponents in record-breaking fashion, could, should, or will fight a man at some point.

Joe Rogan has speculated that she could beat at least half of the men’s bantamweight division. Dana White, who has previously asserted that Rousey could take boxer Floyd Mayweather in a street fight, joked about moving her over to the men’s division. Then MMA writers, fans, and even sports betting site Bovada weighed in on the topic.

It’s a weird debate, because who really wants to see that happen? It’s an offensive debate, because it undermines Rousey’s current dominance and implies that she’s only good for a girl, and that fighting a man would better prove her worth as a real fighter. It’s also a moot point, because she has clearly stated that she will not fight a man and has no interest in doing so. But the conversation is, at best, only showing moderate signs of stopping. Just yesterday, for example, bantamweight fighter Jessica Eye was asked to weigh in on the subject (Eye says women shouldn’t fight men).

With that in mind, we came up with a handy list of suggestions for anyone who wants to weigh in on the great Ronda Rousey vs A Man debate in a way that isn’t stupid, irrational, or just plain sexist.

1. Think of women’s divisions as their own weight classes.

Weight classes exist to pit people who are, within reason, physically similar to each other. A flyweight might have certain strengths against a heavyweight, like endurance and speed, but they will also have significant weaknesses in the areas of strength and size. It doesn’t necessarily mean that one is better than the other. It just means that they’re so incredibly different that there’s absolutely no point in making them fight each other. This is the exact same reason that we have separate women’s divisions. Women’s bodies and hormones—and this goes for both cis and trans women—come with a completely different level of strength, speed, weight distribution, and ability to cut weight, among a whole host of other things. This does not mean that they’re better or worse than their males counterparts. It simply means that they’re different. Separating by size and sex is what keeps fights both fair and interesting.

2. Conduct your speculation accordingly.

We all argue about who the greatest pound for pound fighters are. Most of us probably fantasize about how significantly different sized fighters would fare against each other. That’s a normal part of being a fan, and Rousey and the other women of the UFC can be included in the conversation. But think of pitting men against women in much the same way you’d think about, say, Demetrious Johnson facing Cain Velasquez. Many of us might wonder how that matchup would go down, but very few of us expect them to fight each other. It would be disrespectful to both men and their unique accomplishments with totally different bodies, and it just wouldn’t make sense. The same standard should apply to any discussions of men vs. women in MMA.

3. Understand what equality means in the context of MMA.

Women shouldn’t have to fight men to prove they’re elite fighters. They should be accepted as just as good (or better) if their fights in their division prove that they’re as good. This is about women being just as valid as men, not about women being just the same as, or better than men.

4. Keep your ego out of the conversation.

Whether you’re some random dude who has never set foot in a dojo or Ian McCall, it might be fun to try to look at the conversation in a way that doesn’t automatically assume that losing to a highly trained and decorated woman is gross, humiliating and/or unfathomable. That attitude isn’t just an insult to the woman in question, it’s an insult to the martial arts she’s trained in.

5. Do not, at ANY point, make a joke or point at a trans athlete’s expense.

Either in the context of women fighting men or in any context whatsoever. It’s unnecessary and hateful. That goes for everyone, including fighters.

6. On a side note, asking all female athletes in different disciplines if they think they can fight each other isn’t that much more useful or interesting than asking women if they can fight men.

Dominant female athletes are not the Highlander; there can be more than one. So it serves no purpose (besides cheap gossip and traffic) to ask Laila Ali, a boxer, if she thinks she can take Rousey, a mixed martial artist, in a fight. They do different things. They have different skill sets. Ali said as much when she was first asked by TMZ, saying, “For one, I’m not a UFC fighter, she’s not a boxer.” Yes, she did go on to say that “No woman can beat me, period.” But...

7. Don’t expect professional athletes to speculate that they might lose to someone.

Laila Ali is not going to say that she couldn’t defeat Rousey. Rousey is not going to say that she couldn’t beat a man. Whether they’re being perfectly scientific and logical about the assessment is beside the point. Thinking that anyone can defeat you and admitting it are detrimental to an athlete’s psyche. This is what Rousey was getting at when she stated that “I never say that I’m incapable of beating anybody, because I don’t believe in putting limits on myself. So I mean, I would have to say if you’re just talking about what’s in the realm of possibility of what’s possible of who I could beat, well I could beat 100 percent of them. You can’t tell me that there’s a zero chance that I can beat anyone on the planet, so I’m never going to say that.”

Women in all walks of life are consistently asked to be humble and diminish their strengths and accomplishments. This is bullshit, but it’s particularly egregious when it’s actually part of their jobs to believe they’re awesome, undefeatable athletes.

8. Accept that it’s never actually going to happen.

Rousey herself said so. “It’s not a reality,” she told CBS Sports’ Doug Gottlieb last week. “They’re not gonna do anything like that. Fights are chaotic. Anything can happen. And there’s no setting in which we should condone a man hitting a woman.”

Her mother also dismissed the entire notion as dumb.

“That’s a stupid idea,” Yahoo Sports quoted AnnaMaria De Mars as saying last week. “Seriously, that’s a stupid idea. I’m as much a feminist as anyone but the fact is that biologically, there’s a difference between men and women. Hello. Duh. A woman who is 135 pounds and a man who is 135 pounds are not physically equal.”

9. Consider maybe talking about anything else.

Remember Cyborg?
This is very well written and nothing to disagree with...
Old 24-Sep-15, 14:16
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xehjoe [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Kraken is right! Not to take away from our fantasies... but Rhonda Rousey is over hyped...over billed...not all that...even if she was bigger...still no match for even a small untrained man! Many males today are wimps...are weak... and give up psychologically, but... in reality... even strong woman... no match for average untrained man!
You don't get out much, do you?

A highly skilled, well-trained female fighter will defeat many untrained males...IN A FIGHT.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post: