Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Old 08-May-21, 04:04
Points: 78,505, Level: 100 Points: 78,505, Level: 100 Points: 78,505, Level: 100
Activity: 63.0% Activity: 63.0% Activity: 63.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,089 Times in 3,370 Posts
Default Re: Do you think a really tough girl could beat up a guy?

I recall Helen Von Mott, in her old yahoo group, writing that a female bjj white belt would "wipe the mat" with the average untrained male office worker. That was her opinion although I think it was probably an overgeneralization.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-21, 10:26
Elbow Escape
This message has been deleted by Elbow Escape.
Old 08-May-21, 10:33
Points: 3,955, Level: 26 Points: 3,955, Level: 26 Points: 3,955, Level: 26
Activity: 44.4% Activity: 44.4% Activity: 44.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I recall Helen Von Mott, in her old yahoo group, writing that a female bjj white belt would "wipe the mat" with the average untrained male office worker. That was her opinion although I think it was probably an overgeneralization.
Well, "BJJ white belt" can mean anything from someone who has trained for 1,5-2 years to someone on her first month.

From what I have personally seen and experienced I tend to agree, if the man is completely untrained and clueless, of average size and out of shape even a girl with just 6-12 months of dedicate and serious training with high level teachers is going to have a massive advantage.

Altough it depends a lot on how seriously and passionately she takes training and on the technical quality of the istruction, which is something that can vary dramatically from school to school.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-21, 13:31
Points: 4,710, Level: 29 Points: 4,710, Level: 29 Points: 4,710, Level: 29
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Altough it depends a lot on how seriously and passionately she takes training and on the technical quality of the istruction, which is something that can vary dramatically from school to school.
From person to person, as well. What an individual can (or can't) do doesn't always come down to physical size, toughness or training.

Consider:

-some people can sing in front of a group of people.....some can't
-some people can speak in front of a group of people.....some can't
-some people can express themselves in writing.....some can't

-some people are disposed to fighting.....some aren't.

If you go back to the original post in this thread, you can see that the girl is a bully; she's willing & able to express herself with physical force. The guy in the example simply didn't want to fight. Society might call him a wimp, but it isn't necessarily so.

So, to answer the original question ("Do you think a really tough girl could beat up a guy?), I say yes....... she might not have his physical size and/or strength, but if elements of her personal make-up compel her to go up against a guy that has no predisposition toward fighting, she might very well beat him up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny Lane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-21, 16:47
Points: 78,505, Level: 100 Points: 78,505, Level: 100 Points: 78,505, Level: 100
Activity: 63.0% Activity: 63.0% Activity: 63.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,089 Times in 3,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well, "BJJ white belt" can mean anything from someone who has trained for 1,5-2 years to someone on her first month.

From what I have personally seen and experienced I tend to agree, if the man is completely untrained and clueless, of average size and out of shape even a girl with just 6-12 months of dedicate and serious training with high level teachers is going to have a massive advantage.

Yeah, I was surprised when Helen also wrote her opinion on Kyla, who was at least a blue belt at the time, and guys raved about. She opined that Kyla was at a high white belt level, but had great potential, wishing that she had dedicated herself to training more seriously.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post: