Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 13-Mar-22, 23:49
Points: 12,990, Level: 49 Points: 12,990, Level: 49 Points: 12,990, Level: 49
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,917 Times in 153 Posts
Default Re: Squeeze Queen's Demise

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerider500 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Lady, I know you made a concerted effort to get downloaders to (at least) give thanks for something that you're getting for free, but I guess when people know they have anonymity on the web they can be very rude.
I didn't make many posts, but the ratio of downloads to the "thanks" was absolutely ridiculous.
Well I only made a effort to push for the thank you points / karmas just to get the HQ members to notice me & nominate me in the HQ section.

After I got in, it was really nice to see the download to karma ratio match or even exceed the ratio with more karmas than downloads in the HQ section.
A lot of the thank you points I got from HQ members had personalized messages from whatever videos I posted

Like I said, it was really different in there compared to the free area.
I ended up asking the mods to delete my threads in the free members area because I got way too many rude people insulting and demanding things I was posting in my public threads
Old 14-Mar-22, 01:19
Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystrongstyle [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I had no idea there was an issue with someone's signature about leaving karma.
I made a couple full sized page images on how to hit the thanks button on my threads.
All of my download links I posted on my threads has a karma banner I made, but I never posted any gigantic images on posts outside of my threads
I just remember a certain poster who's username starts with K berating new posters for asking for karma. A non issue that nobody should have cared about, but he decided to relentlessly attack new posters.
Old 14-Mar-22, 21:56
Points: 12,990, Level: 49 Points: 12,990, Level: 49 Points: 12,990, Level: 49
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,917 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I just remember a certain poster who's username starts with K berating new posters for asking for karma. A non issue that nobody should have cared about, but he decided to relentlessly attack new posters.
Well once in a few months in the SQ public area, you would see members complain about the lack of karmas or not getting access to HQ area.
I remember one particular guy that made multiple accounts.
He upload a few pretty good vids on his main account & out of the blue would complain about not getting access to the HQ area.
Then he would log into his alt accounts to complain & support his main account. He would message HQ members to find out if he was getting nominated.
The mods just banned any account that matched his IP address.
People would go nuts trying to get in the HQ area
Old 15-Mar-22, 02:41
KO inquisitor
Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,231 Times in 499 Posts

any updates from Zues? Anyway we can all setup a temp forum so we can all share again?
Old 15-Mar-22, 13:08
Points: 3,910, Level: 26 Points: 3,910, Level: 26 Points: 3,910, Level: 26
Last Achievements

I keep looking for updates as well.
Nothing yet.
It's funny after all these years you get just used to it being there. I downloaded a video yesterday and thought, "I need to upload this to the forum tonight."
Then I said, "Wait, its GONE!"
Old 16-Mar-22, 15:24
KO inquisitor
Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,231 Times in 499 Posts

I'm feeling the same thing. It was such a great community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I keep looking for updates as well.
Nothing yet.
It's funny after all these years you get just used to it being there. I downloaded a video yesterday and thought, "I need to upload this to the forum tonight."
Then I said, "Wait, its GONE!"
Old 16-Mar-22, 15:40
Points: 4,435, Level: 28 Points: 4,435, Level: 28 Points: 4,435, Level: 28
Last Achievements

He has made a update on whats happening with it.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to kain84 For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Mar-22, 16:45
Points: 1,994, Level: 18 Points: 1,994, Level: 18 Points: 1,994, Level: 18
Last Achievements

I'm sure we have plenty of developers among us, but I'll throw my two cents into the ring for now.

Regarding a temporary option, just about anybody could throw that together. Requirements would be limited to:
  • Domain name purchase.
  • Hosting plan purchase.
  • Design: Given the temporary nature, wouldn't be a need for much customization. Would just use a host that has a "builder" with templates included.
  • Willingness for real name to be attached to the above: None of the above is all that costly, but it still has to be paid for by somebody. Can easily block any personal information from WHOIS lookups, but the registrar and hosting provider are going to need your information for payment.

It does seem like we're in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment. As much as it sucks to be missing that forum right now, we do need to continue to be patient. I don't think anybody can doubt the sincerity of the efforts to recover or rebuild the site. Plus, no matter who is doing it, development takes an appreciable amount of time. As long as Zeus is working on it, patience is our best friend. That said, I would also completely understand that if he concludes that rebuilding from the ground up (assuming everything is permanently lost) is more time, effort, and resources than he can give it it. We all have lives that come first. In that event though, my meaningless "vote" would be a proper buildout of a new site of high enough quality that it is truly worthy of taking on the role of successor.

I did not get around to posting anywhere near as much as I should have and will own up to that. I did love the site though and had it as a daily check for filling those pockets of down time. If the need arose, I'd be happy to contribute my expertise by taking lead in developing and maintaining a new site. I would not be able to say in good faith that I would have the ongoing availability to dedicate to any moderation duties though. Again, just my two cents, but I think the best way forward would be putting together a group of individuals that were moderators and/or active members to aid in guidance for the creation of and facilitate the rolling out of a new community site. Wouldn't want to go through the effort of building out a fully featured site only to find out there is no community to use it.

Obviously, before any of that would go any further than the "spitballing" stage, would want a green light from Zeus as well. I do not want to step on any toes, I have no interest in taking over SQ's lane unless SQ chooses to move on from it. I suppose I'm just a guy in the internet with not all that many posts here or there that claims to be a programmer, but I guess this is my open offer to share what I know given my care for the community and desire to see it continue on one way or another. Learning web development top to bottom for the sake of a hobby is only for the most extreme masochists, even among us
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bendyfrank1776 For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Mar-22, 20:49
Points: 1,587, Level: 16 Points: 1,587, Level: 16 Points: 1,587, Level: 16
Last Achievements

This is what I've found re the current situation, I hope this help's clear up any issues
Attached Images
File Type: jpg statement.JPG (94.0 KB, 45 views)
Old 16-Mar-22, 22:12
stymie
This message has been deleted by stymie.
Old 16-Mar-22, 22:13
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some pirates ain't got no manners! ☠️