Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-Feb-20, 05:49
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: are volleyball girls strong ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is what I said in the post directly above yours:

No amount of strength training will overcome basic biological roadblocks, as the research will show you.

As I mentioned on another thread:

1. From birth forward, women have significantly less muscle in their upper and lower bodies than men.

2. Men have a genetic advantage with larger muscle fibers, which gives their muscle more strength.

3. Women's bodies have more fat because of reproduction.

That's atop men generally being taller and weighing more.

There's a reason combat arts tournaments have weight and gender classes -- the same reason why males as a group would be at an advantage against female volleyball players.
There's another advantage males have, one I never see mentioned, but was shown on a program on PBS years ago. They represented the huge advantage in lung capacity that men have over women. They showed a tennis court, with an overlay over the singles court as representing a females lung capacity. Then showed an overlay representing males capacity. It covered the singles, doubles and way beyond that for the males lung area.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Feb-20, 16:12
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There's another advantage males have, one I never see mentioned, but was shown on a program on PBS years ago. They represented the huge advantage in lung capacity that men have over women. They showed a tennis court, with an overlay over the singles court as representing a females lung capacity. Then showed an overlay representing males capacity. It covered the singles, doubles and way beyond that for the males lung area.

Interesting. I did not know that.

Great point, guy.
Old 08-Mar-20, 17:01
Points: 4,902, Level: 29 Points: 4,902, Level: 29 Points: 4,902, Level: 29
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I think taller volleyballgirls are very strong. However, there several sports where girls are way stronger. What particularly comes up to my mind is handball. Handball is physically very demanding, it s very dynamic and you do not have to be afraid of physical encounters with your opponent team. I think especially this makes them less afraid of physical confrontations and therefore very tough fighters.

If we just go strength, especially the ratio of strength per size gymnasts are the strongest. Mostly these girls are very short and despite of that they are still incredibly strong.

But what if a gymnast girl is 5'11 (1,80m)? Good examples are Simone and Nico Brodrick, two british 19 years old twin girls who have been professional gymnasts and artists since their childhood.

Here their instagram accounts:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].brodrick) • Instagram photos and videos

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]_brodrick) • Instagram photos and videos

I think a healthy guy of the same height is just a joke for these tall and very strong girls. No doubt he would get totally destroyed in a physical confrontation with Simone or Nico. I think even an athlete of the same height would be in big trouble
Old 09-Mar-20, 04:00
Points: 5,711, Level: 32 Points: 5,711, Level: 32 Points: 5,711, Level: 32
Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2%
Last Achievements

Be careful, some volleyball girls also learned JUDO with their long and sexy legs….
Old 09-Mar-20, 15:08
ssddfaudhey

They typically have very strong legs!They are usually tall aswell.If you're thinking scissors,a competitive player will probably be able lock you down and tap you out with her scissors.
Old 09-Mar-20, 15:19
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
They typically have very strong legs!They are usually tall aswell.If you're thinking scissors,a competitive player will probably be able lock you down and tap you out with her scissors.
i wrestled my volleyball friend (shes early 20s, 5"6 140lbs). she also did gymnastics.

im 6"0 and 175lbs, skinny fat but lifted weights for 4 months now. i beat her really easily when i tried.
Old 09-Mar-20, 15:22
ssddfaudhey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirro [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think taller volleyballgirls are very strong. However, there several sports where girls are way stronger. What particularly comes up to my mind is handball. Handball is physically very demanding, it s very dynamic and you do not have to be afraid of physical encounters with your opponent team. I think especially this makes them less afraid of physical confrontations and therefore very tough fighters.

If we just go strength, especially the ratio of strength per size gymnasts are the strongest. Mostly these girls are very short and despite of that they are still incredibly strong.

But what if a gymnast girl is 5'11 (1,80m)? Good examples are Simone and Nico Brodrick, two british 19 years old twin girls who have been professional gymnasts and artists since their childhood.

Here their instagram accounts:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].brodrick) • Instagram photos and videos

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]_brodrick) • Instagram photos and videos

I think a healthy guy of the same height is just a joke for these tall and very strong girls. No doubt he would get totally destroyed in a physical confrontation with Simone or Nico. I think even an athlete of the same height would be in big trouble
My wifes friend is a 5'7" gymnast and bjj player.I have 40lbs on her and get my ass handed to me.lol Most average guys will be screwed if a gymnast get her legs locked on to them.
Old 09-Mar-20, 15:25
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No amount of strength training will overcome basic biological roadblocks, as the research will show you.

As I mentioned on another thread:

1. From birth forward, women have significantly less muscle in their upper and lower bodies than men.

2. Men have a genetic advantage with larger muscle fibers, which gives their muscle more strength.

3. Women's bodies have more fat because of reproduction.

That's atop men generally being taller and weighing more.

There's a reason combat arts tournaments have weight and gender classes -- the same reason why males as a group would be at an advantage against female volleyball players.
These generalities are absolutely true! But do not commit the Ecological Fallacy of assuming that these things are true for every individual. There is a range of capacities for both males and females and these ranges overlap. That means that some elite women have more muscle and less fat than some couch potato men, and they are taller and heavier as well.
Old 09-Mar-20, 15:30
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My wifes friend is a 5'7" gymnast and bjj player.I have 40lbs on her and get my ass handed to me.lol Most average guys will be screwed if a gymnast get her legs locked on to them.
key word here is BJJ - BJJ teaches women how to use their legs.

most women don't really know how to use their legs and get a scissor on.

ive wrestled a gymnast friend of mine (early 20s, 5"6 and 140lbs) and i beat her easily (im 175lbs, around 6"0 ish give or take).
Old 09-Mar-20, 15:30
Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68 Points: 24,867, Level: 68
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,667 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, it is often overlooked that men generally have a higher capacity to supply oxygen to their muscles and keep them working at peak output.

Another male advantage I've read about (don't recall where) is that males generally have quicker reactions than females.